Forum Gun Fiends v2.0 - Page 200 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #3981
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thnakdone View Post
meh... you could have built one just as well as Barrett... but that is my opinion... they have nice products granted, but I cant justify their price is all.... esp with my own knowledge sitting in my head on how to build one.....LOL but yeah 5.56 is a better caliber for real world .... the 6.8 is a nice round, but the price and availability of the round isnt there IMO
You can do better, but for the price it's pretty darn good. You'd have to spend a bunch more jack to get much better. Their piston system works well, and to me that's the most important. Everyone's trying to compare all the systems to the LWRCI, when the prices are pretty far apart. Apples and Oranges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #3982
thnakdone
strength and honor

Bikes: 2x99 R1's, the black widow and the blue beast, 02 R1 trackwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
Only costing me $250. Don't know too many people who can build one for that.
is that just the upper or full rig? I know a few really good machinists that have been wanting me to work with them on building shyte, just not enough time to do it as it is... besides, not looking to build a business building rifles right now anyway... too much bs... rather just buy my parts and go from there....

signature courtesy of Petrol

R1-015 "GHOSTRIDER" Squadron Member

Think honorably and speak honestly. What you put forth is a true reflection of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Oh, he doesn't have a choice. If I want it I am gonna take it.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #3983
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by thnakdone View Post
is that just the upper or full rig? I know a few really good machinists that have been wanting me to work with them on building shyte, just not enough time to do it as it is... besides, not looking to build a business building rifles right now anyway... too much bs... rather just buy my parts and go from there....
Complete rifle. I got a gift certificate at Barrett and only have to throw in another 250 bones to get it.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #3984
thnakdone
strength and honor

Bikes: 2x99 R1's, the black widow and the blue beast, 02 R1 trackwhore
shyte... more than worth it... bastage

signature courtesy of Petrol

R1-015 "GHOSTRIDER" Squadron Member

Think honorably and speak honestly. What you put forth is a true reflection of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Oh, he doesn't have a choice. If I want it I am gonna take it.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #3985
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Complete rifle. I got a gift certificate at Barrett and only have to throw in another 250 bones to get it.
I thought it was a shooting school certificate but hey that's a win

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #3986
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
I thought it was a shooting school certificate but hey that's a win

That was the intent, but the certificate is good for any Barrett product. I looked into the training schools, but where they're located, what it will cost me to travel, stay there, rent gun, and show up with their minimum list of items was really adding up and my schedule was not being cooperative.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #3987
Southern118
DAMN YOU SHANE

Bikes: 1996 zx6r looped/2000 cbr f4/06r6
I cleaned and lubed three guns today with frog lube. I will probably take them to the range later this week and see how it works.

sig by Uncle Petrol
R.I.P. K_FleXXX 15Jun06
R.I.P. ElvisWarrior 17Jun07
R.I.P GaWarrior 25Jun08
R.I.P. Vman1300 26Mar09
my brothers might be gone but never forgotten i really hate adding my brothers to this list.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #3988
Dropem_low
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2006 raven
Anyone have any experience with a Ruger SR9C? I've been debating on getting one.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #3989
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropem_low View Post
Anyone have any experience with a Ruger SR9C? I've been debating on getting one.
Pm R1nstang, he picked one up not to long ago

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #3990
sandman95z28
Um, who's this?

Bikes: 06 R1 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropem_low View Post
I have the full size and it's a great shooting gun, for what it's worth. If the price is right it's a good gun to have.
2006 R1 SE, Yoshimura Titanium slip-ons, Vortex Black Rearsets, Pazzo Black/Gold Levers, K&N AF, PC III USB, graves clear flushy's, clear alternatives integrated tail light, Puig yellow DB screen, too much Gold Pro-Bolt goodies.
Cager - 95 Camaro Z28 Convertible Six Speed
NRA life member~Pro Gun~Pro Self Defence~Pro if we don't have a gun, I can out run you
Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #3991
Dropem_low
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2006 raven
Cool, Thanks for the response guys. I've been trying to find another carry gun, but I just cant make up my mind. This one does feel great in my hand though.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #3992
gsxcorey
MummyMan

Bikes: 1999 r1, 07 GSXR 1k
I've heard bad things about that rifle though. If you want to make few hundred quick let me know and I'll take it off your hands for 250+ a little

Just trying to help you out...

Quote:

Check us out on Facebook too.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #3993
WarMachine

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #3994
WarMachine

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...lice-buy-back/

Glad the police were honest and told this lady what she had before she handed it in.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #3995
molonlabe
Venom GA state lead.

Bikes: 2006 R1
Quote:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...lice-buy-back/

Glad the police were honest and told this lady what she had before she handed it in.
Just read that on google... I thought I was going to get really mad. Then I finished reading the story and saw where they didn't destroy it.

sig courtesy of Petrol_Spice

RIP Lester

"The limits of tryants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -Fredrick Douglas

Ohlins 20mm FPK guts, Penske 8983 shock, susp./geometry set by GMDATL.com, Graves V-Stacks, Graves full system SS/Ti cans, PCIII & QS tuned by MMS 162 WHP. / 76 FT.LBS. , Motion Pro throttle, CRG levers, Vortex rearsets (GP shift), AIS delete, SS lines.
Venom Track-day

My build thread
Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #3996
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabe View Post
Just read that on google... I thought I was going to get really mad. Then I finished reading the story and saw where they didn't destroy it.
Yup holding it for her til she can find a buyer

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #3997
WarMachine

7th court of appeals has struck down the ban on ccw in Illinois.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #3998
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
7th court of appeals has struck down the ban on ccw in Illinois.

Damn, beat me to it! Great day for the people of illinois, too bad they weren't smart enough to do it themselves and had to have a judge do it for them, just like liberals always do.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #3999
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
So I went out this weekend and shot my new Ruger American .308. It kicked more than other .308's I've shot. I kept hearing how great the stock recoil pad is so I took it off. Turns out the store where I got it apparently swapped it out for a broken one from another customer. The screws weren't in tight and it was cracked inside. It wasn't a factory defect. Someone tried to fix it with some kind of resin epoxy. I skipped the store and contacted Ruger Monday morning. Spoke to an actual person and she said not to worry, they saw where I registered the gun with them and would send a new one out. Fast forward to tonight and the mail man knocks on my door and hands me 2 packages. They didn't send me a new pad, they sent a whole new stock and pad together. They also sent me a cheek pad as well all totally free.

Now that's good customer service. They just made a customer for life.

I need a good scope now. Redfield Revolution 3x9 40 accu-range I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	478402  

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #4000
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Damn, beat me to it! Great day for the people of illinois, too bad they weren't smart enough to do it themselves and had to have a judge do it for them, just like liberals always do.
now the speculation is that they'll make it a may issue instead of shall issue like CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
So I went out this weekend and shot my new Ruger American .308. It kicked more than other .308's I've shot. I kept hearing how great the stock recoil pad is so I took it off. Turns out the store where I got it apparently swapped it out for a broken one from another customer. The screws weren't in tight and it was cracked inside. It wasn't a factory defect. Someone tried to fix it with some kind of resin epoxy. I skipped the store and contacted Ruger Monday morning. Spoke to an actual person and she said not to worry, they saw where I registered the gun with them and would send a new one out. Fast forward to tonight and the mail man knocks on my door and hands me 2 packages. They didn't send me a new pad, they sent a whole new stock and pad together. They also sent me a cheek pad as well all totally free.

Now that's good customer service. They just made a customer for life.

I need a good scope now. Redfield Revolution 3x9 40 accu-range I think.
That's fuggin sweet.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread