Fezz's Matte Grey 12 build thread - Page 4 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #61
mykim72
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: Monster
fezz...doing it right...love the way your bike looks...
mykim72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #62
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause

Sweet Bike, may I suggest a set of Matching Rizoma Mirrors as well. Those Stockers are killin me or maybe just ditch em all together?

R1de Safe!

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !

Last edited by JDollaz; 12-11-2012 at 10:14 AM.
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #63
Guate
♠♣♦♥★

Bikes: 13 RSV4--09 R6--14 KTM 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
Sure is, some of the best CF I've seen!

Over the weekend managed to get the Spiegler brake lines fitted front and rear as well as the Rizoma fluid tanks. The fit and finish of the lines are top notch and the adjustable banjo bolt makes it easier to get them sitting exactly where you want. Bled the brakes using Motul RBF600.

Should have the Lightech chain adjusters early this week and the PVM wheels look set to be here before Christmas.

Also took a few photos of the whole bike
Love this picture
Guate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #64
deecarp1
My R1 is MY ROAD DAWG 4 LIFE

Bikes: 1998 YZF 600R sold, 1998 R1 heaven bound, 1999 ZX9 sold, 01 GSXR 750 sold, current beauty 2008 R1
Quote:
Had my 2012 Matte Grey R1 now for about 2 weeks (this colour is now available in the US as a 2013 model) and have already started changing and modifying a few things here and there. Only got 400 kilometres on it at the moment so I haven't had a chance to take it for a "proper" ride yet.

Got lots more parts on the way and look forward to getting it complete ASAP. I wanted this build to be tastefully done using the best quality components available.

Currently has the following parts fitted:
- Akrapovic full Evolution system, titanium headers & Y Pipe with carbon end caps
- OEM Yamaha rear seat cowl
- Belly pan off 50th Anniversary GP edition
- GYTR carbon fibre tank panels
- Evotech pillion footrest removal kit
- Evotech fender eliminator
- Rizoma Action indicators (rear)
- Rizoma Rev rearsets
- Rizoma Sportline grips
- Rizoma bar ends
- Rizoma pick up spools
- Rizoma engine protecters (left and right)
- Rizoma fuel cap
- Rizoma front and rear wheel sliders
- Rizoma oil cap

Parts which I've got but not fitted:
- GYTR frame sliders
- GYTR air filter
- Power Commander 5
- Rizoma front and rear reservoirs (changing when brake lines arrive)

Parts which have been ordered but haven't arrived:
- Clever Wolf carbon front fender
- Clever Wolf carbon rear hugger
- Clever Wolf carbon tank pad (these items have landed in Australia, just waiting to clear customs so should have them this week)
- ASV C5 shorty levers in black
- Spiegler brake lines in carbon/smoke colour front and rear
- Graves smog block off plates
- Galfer wave discs front & rear
- PVM forged alloy wheels 7Y spoke in gloss black (arriving late December / early January depending how PVM go)
- DID ERV3 520 chain & Renthal front sprocket (these will not go on until the new wheels arrive as I will do this in one hit)
- Dunlop Q2 tyres (these will go on with new wheels)
- GYTR carbon airbox cover (available mid January)
- Lightech chain adjusters in black (should be arriving this week)
- Watsen flush mount indicators (order placed but may take a little while as Roger needs to see a 2013 in person to get a perfect colour match)

I'm sure there are some other little bits and pieces I've missed out, can't wait to get all the parts on and start enjoying it. I'm sure once this is complete I will want to do even more further down the track!

I'll keep you updated with photos as some of the goodies arrive.

Matt
Great looking bike, you've done really well putting your ride together!

Sig courtesy of Uncle P My Thread update http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337945
deecarp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #65
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Top shelf stuff Fezz. Can't wait to see those wheels mounted
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #66
Fezz
Stay on it!

Bikes: 2012 Matte Grey R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
Sweet Bike, may I suggest a set of Matching Rizoma Mirrors as well. Those Stockers are killin me or maybe just ditch em all together?

R1de Safe!
It's on the "to do" list for after Christmas, going to get a set of the Rizoma Tomok mirrors in black.

I got the PVM wheels fitted with the Galfer wave rotors front and rear along with the chain & sprockets. Also fitted the Dunlop SportSmart tyres at the same time to make things easier.

Put a Renthal 15 tooth on the front and a AFAM 44 tooth on the rear which is nearly the same colour as the bike, topped off with a DID ERV3 520 chain.

Will clean the bike up and take some proper photos over the weekend. Still a few little bits and pieces I am waiting on but nearly how I want it now!

Matt

Last edited by Fezz; 12-13-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Typo
Fezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #67
daviboy
I eat my R1

Looking sexy! So what do you do for a living?

Isn't stock tooth count 17/47? You dropped 2 in the front and 3 in the rear? Let me know how it goes!

Need a flash tune! Let me know if you wanna use mine, for a small fee can flash your Ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
daviboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #68
Fezz
Stay on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviboy View Post
Looking sexy! So what do you do for a living?

Isn't stock tooth count 17/47? You dropped 2 in the front and 3 in the rear? Let me know how it goes!

Need a flash tune! Let me know if you wanna use mine, for a small fee can flash your Ecu
The gearing change is fantastic, definately makes the bike more rideable and combined with the new wheels you can tell when you flick it from left to right.

Got the bike dyno tuned on Saturday, bike now feels much more crisp throughout the whole rev range.

Took a few photos today now that a few more parts are on the bike.

Just waiting on the Watsen flush mount indicators, Cox radiator guard & the GYTR carbon air box cover which should keep me happy for the time being.

Matt
Old 12-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #69
rorlow
Cheating death in the "D"

Bikes: Silver/Gray 02
Needs titanium fasteners

like bihex sprocket bolts and flanged hex head rotor bolts to start

rorlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #70
Fezz
Stay on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorlow View Post
Needs titanium fasteners

I fear that will be one of those things that once I start I won't know where to draw the line and stop!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #71
Shaun P

Bikes: '12 R1 WGP
Any dyno charts?, I would be interested for a comparison to my similar setup but with a bazzaz unit made 168hp and 78ftlbs for what it's worth.
Shaun P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #72
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Quote:
I fear that will be one of those things that once I start I won't know where to draw the line and stop!
Why stop now, all those expensive parts need expensive (and very trick) and very light hardware to complete it. Stock hardware looks like rusty bolts in comparison to Ti. Bike looks awesome! Good job !
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #73
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Forgot to ask, any T.C. issues with that gearing at all ?
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #74
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Soooooooooo
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #75
Fezz
Stay on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick kurt View Post
Forgot to ask, any T.C. issues with that gearing at all ?
Not that I've noticed, still waiting for my SpeedoDRD to arrive.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #76
burn-z
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorlow View Post
Needs titanium fasteners

and throw on some Probolt D-ring quick release dzus fasteners.

Fantastic job mate. definately one of favorite bikes in a while. Your color choices are perfect IMHO....very subtle...but jump out when you know what you're looking for. It reminds me a lot of my '09 before I destroyed my oem plastics at the track although I'm very happy with where mine's at now. I love the PVM's!! Great choice...very few have them so there's some exclusivity there. Besides...everyone has BST's now. Any plans for the calipers? That would be a perfect place to throw in a subtle dash of color.

You need to throw it up for BOTM soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Radley View Post
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit
burn-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #77
Fezz
Stay on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
and throw on some Probolt D-ring quick release dzus fasteners.

Fantastic job mate. definately one of favorite bikes in a while. Your color choices are perfect IMHO....very subtle...but jump out when you know what you're looking for. It reminds me a lot of my '09 before I destroyed my oem plastics at the track although I'm very happy with where mine's at now. I love the PVM's!! Great choice...very few have them so there's some exclusivity there. Besides...everyone has BST's now. Any plans for the calipers? That would be a perfect place to throw in a subtle dash of color.

You need to throw it up for BOTM soon.
Thanks for the kind words burn-z.

Your bike has definitely been one of the many that has given me ideas on things to do and made me go for the PVM 7Y's! Got a few more little bits and pieces to sort out but have a wish list of a few items (not sure if they will happen, but never say never). Ohlins front forks / rear shock & Brembo calipers front and rear (underslung).

This forum has been great for ideas and looking at builds like yours certainly makes things much easier.

Matt
Old 12-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #78
Dai.
"What"

Bikes: 2005 Lava Red R1 12" Hayabusa 2005 Raven R1 *SOLD*
I'd definitely vote for your bike if it was up for BOTM. Just outstanding the way it has gone.
Dai. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #79
Fezz
Stay on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai. View Post
I'd definitely vote for your bike if it was up for BOTM. Just outstanding the way it has gone.
Thanks Dai, the aim was to keep things looking classy without going over the top. Very happy with how it has turned out and can't wait to get the remaining few bits to have it finished... Well V1 anyway.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #80
mykim72

Bikes: Monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai. View Post
+1...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
mykim72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement