Oregon mall shooting - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #21
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!

Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
The biggest problem I have with the right to carry is say like in this instance, one man starts firing on people and there are 5 others that have concealed fire arms and decide to use them because they feel their life is in danger. Now you have a shootout with six different people and who really knows who is shooting at who. All they know there is someone shooting and I am going to defend myself. Now the people that were shooting to try to stop the original gunman might start getting shot at by someone else.
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #22
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
The biggest problem I have with the right to carry is say like in this instance, one man starts firing on people and there are 5 others that have concealed fire arms and decide to use them because they feel their life is in danger. Now you have a shootout with six different people and who really knows who is shooting at who. All they know there is someone shooting and I am going to defend myself. Now the people that were shooting to try to stop the original gunman might start getting shot at by someone else.
Name 1 instance this has happened

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #23
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
Thats what I was thinking, how often are you going to get 5 CHL holders in one room where someone is getting crazy.

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
That dude is a walking tampon.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
Thats what I was thinking, how often are you going to get 5 CHL holders in one room where someone is getting crazy.
Despite what liberals would like to think. CCW holders are actually responsible as a whole and don't generally just start firing at random

It really wouldn't matter if you have 1 or 5 there

Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #25
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Despite what liberals would like to think. CCW holders are actually responsible as a whole and don't generally just start firing at random

It really wouldn't matter if you have 1 or 5 there
Like the old man in Florida, he didn't just draw and blast he moved to get a better position then fired.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #26
Judah Ben-Hur
Oh yeah!

Bikes: '72 Honda Z50, '03 Warrior, '09 R1
Quote:
That wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination in Pennsylvania.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #27
Quietstorm1911

Quote:

It was just hypothetical, I never said that it has happened
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #28
drjak
Take the red pill

Bikes: '09 R1
Quote:
Even if they can, not everyone that carries will shoot unless it is THEIR life being threatened. There is still a lot of risk in shooting someone no matter how in the "right" you are

Sad but true
Criminal first (would get tossed) then civil. Even if easily cleared through either you are going to have some hefty attorney fees to pay that will definitely impact your quality of life and/or debt.

I am just waiting. It's my bet that AR's and Ak's will be banned as well as magazines such as PMAG's. Anything they can construe to be tactical for non-hunting use. I think it's only a matter of time now.
drjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #29
Judah Ben-Hur
Oh yeah!

Quote:
I had your scenario typed out but deleted it. When I refreshed the page your post was there. I could see it happening in the confusion.

I went to the mall yesterday for the first time in probably 3 years (don't get out much) . As I sat in the food court chowing down, I thought of what I'd do if some nut started firing away. I was across the border so I wasn't packing heat. I can't run like I used to. Would I try and tackle the mofo if I made it in that close. I do know that there would be no trial for him if it came to that. Or would I just cower behind a chair and wait it out. I get home a few hours later and see this on the news.

Oh, I did see two gay men holding hands and prancing around big as life.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #30
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
When has this ever happened? Only when cops were involved. They are better trained, yet they shoot bystanders more often than CCW holders.

Quote:
Not a big stretch in Indiana. At BW3's a few weeks ago I counted 13 in an hour.

Quote:
Exactly, your biased opinion. I prefer to deal with facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjak View Post
Criminal first (would get tossed) then civil. Even if easily cleared through either you are going to have some hefty attorney fees to pay that will definitely impact your quality of life and/or debt.

I am just waiting. It's my bet that AR's and Ak's will be banned as well as magazines such as PMAG's. Anything they can construe to be tactical for non-hunting use. I think it's only a matter of time now.
Indiana has a Stand Your Ground law with entitled immunity. You don't have to prove much, just that you felt threatened or you perceived another person is in danger, or the state is in danger. About as open as it gets to help a freedom fighter save the day. If someone were pretending to hurt someone in public and you intervened you could be cleared of wrong doing.

Obama's second term has been nuts for gun sales. Better than last time! Weeeeee...

Last edited by Meister37; 12-12-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: sPeeLin'
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #31
Quietstorm1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjak View Post

I don't think they should be banned but I do think they should be limited to home protection ONLY. I don't see a need to have a AK or AR with large capacity mags. in the back seat or trunk of my car or truck.

I don't remember a time that I have been riding down the street and a small war/conflict broke out and I though damn if only I had my AK. I really don't care if someone had a bazooka to protect their house.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #32
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
In Florida you can shoot to stop something like this, but I know rules are different elsewhere. It's pretty easy to justify shooting someone here,
Especially if He's wearing a Hoodie..

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #33
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
I don't think they should be banned but I do think they should be limited to home protection ONLY. I don't see a need to have a AK or AR with large capacity mags. in the back seat or trunk of my car or truck.

I don't remember a time that I have been riding down the street and a small war/conflict broke out and I though damn if only I had my AK. I really don't care if someone had a bazooka to protect their house.
So what are we supposed to do become agoraphobics and stay home 24/7?

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #34
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:

Why? Where in the constitution does it say that Home Protection is why we have the 2nd amendment?

It's not about how you feel or what you want. It's the law written back when this country was great. It's been watered down and bastardized to the point that we have to sue or beg for the rights given to us in the constitution.

I carry either a Shotgun or AR with me in my truck at all times in addition to a hangun or 2. Why? Because I can. What am I afraid of? Nothing. It's a right in the United States, if you don't like that- Canada is North and Mexico is South.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing these damn lemmings talk about their widdle feewings and how they know so much better than the people who founded this nation. It's utter bullshit and if you don't like it, get the fvck out! We don't need you standing in the way of rebuilding a nation of thinkers and patriots willing to stand up for themselves.

Quit standing at the feeding trough of the retards running the country and demand your rights! They are accountable to you, not the other way around! Until you realize that, you are doomed to repeat the last 30 years forever, if we make it that long.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #35
Judah Ben-Hur
Oh yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
Especially if He's wearing a Hoodie..

... and pounding on your face.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #36
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

This is why we are given the 2nd amendment.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #37
Quietstorm1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
When has this ever happened? Only when cops were involved. They are better trained, yet they shoot bystanders more often than CCW holders.

Exactly, your biased opinion. I prefer to deal with facts.

How is that a biased opinion? I did not say I was against the right to carry. I said it was a fear of mine. Hell, I carry for my personal protection. The thought has crossed my mind what would I do if I see two people shooting what would I do.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #38
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Quote:
And its used by liberals to justify some hypothetical situation.

What has never occured: CCW holders firing on a perp and randomly shooting at others.
What has occured many times: Perp randomly shoots and kills people. No cop in site AND the bs laws have dwendled the number of people legally carrying.

What has also occured: Cops on scene start a gun fight and hit bystanders

Base your arguments on facts and what HAS occured, not on some hypothetical. That's about like the argument. Well just make the guns illegal and noone will have them : Just look to the drug war, prohibition, etc on how well that all works out.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #39
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
How is that a biased opinion? I did not say I was against the right to carry. I said it was a fear of mine. Hell, I carry for my personal protection. The thought has crossed my mind what would I do if I see two people shooting what would I do.
I commend you for CCW, but don't mistake a right for a privilege. The best way to protect yourself from evil is to use your head, if that fails, your gun is a backup. Train with it and make sure you can hit what you aim at after you run a 100yard dash. Try it sometime, that is a sure fire way to see how you shoot with an adrenaline hit going.

The right the bear arms shall not be infringed.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #40
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause

Quote:
The thought has crossed my mind what would I do if I see two people shooting what would I do.
If it's an interracial event shoot the Black guy.

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement