Oregon mall shooting - Page 6 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #101
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!

Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
They aren't entitled to an opinion with regard my rights, freely given to me by the laws of this country. It's none of their business and until we let them know that it's not acceptable behavior, they will continue.

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.
In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two Second Amendment decisions. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia[1][2] and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. In dicta, the Court listed many longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession as being consistent with the Second Amendment.[3] In McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits state and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government

This is what I said in the first place. "Defense within the home." Now where did I step on your Second Amendment Rights?
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #102
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.
In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two Second Amendment decisions. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia[1][2] and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. In dicta, the Court listed many longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession as being consistent with the Second Amendment.[3] In McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits state and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government

This is what I said in the first place. "Defense within the home." Now where did I step on your Second Amendment Rights?
that was an example "such as" Not ONLY. And the supreme court is such a joke anymore. I have 0 respect for them as they no longer are objectionable and they do not provide any checks and balances as was the intent.

Roe v Wade - State issue
DOE - State issue
Welfare - State issue
Unemployement - State issue
Medicare/Medicaid/Obamacare - State issue

I could go on and on and on.

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #103
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
And you don't make the rules on this one. If you don't like his posts, report them.
Why Cuz I'm a White-Hispanic?

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #104
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:

What does that have to do with your opinion? It's still not legal to infringe on the right to bear arms. The SCUOTUS continues to peel away freedoms illegally. Just as you intended when you wanted to take away my right to do so.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #105
Quietstorm1911

Ok, I got a question.

If it is acceptable to carry/have AKs, ARs with high capacity magazines (thanks drjak. lol) which I think we all can agree are military specs. This is our second amendment right (to bear arms). Why not just allow everyone if thay wanted to carry a rocket launcher, chain gun, mortar launcher around hell have a couple of granades on hand or would this be seen as something extreme?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #106
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
And you don't make the rules on this one. If you don't like his posts, report them.
So. Eat me. You misogynistic asshat.

Oh wait, that's a compliment.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #107
Quietstorm1911

Quote:
What does that have to do with your opinion? It's still not legal to infringe on the right to bear arms. The SCUOTUS continues to peel away freedoms illegally. Just as you intended when you wanted to take away my right to do so.
I never said that they should be taken away.......

My opinion was they have a propper place to be used such as defending your home the place you live.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #108
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Ok, I got a question.

If it is acceptable to carry/have AKs, ARs with high capacity magazines (thanks drjak. lol) which I think we all can agree are military specs. This is our second amendment right (to bear arms). Why not just allow everyone if thay wanted to carry a rocket launcher, chain gun, mortar launcher around hell have a couple of granades on hand or would this be seen as something extreme?
honestly. If the military can have it and I can afford it...I should have no restrictions. The fact is the 2nd amendment was put there so the populace could defend itself from an attack from the Military(govt).

Collateral damage is something the person pulling the pin will have to deal with if that decision is made and it won't be pretty for them

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #109
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Ok, I got a question.

You can. It's perfectly legal. in some states, such as mine. You don't see anyone using them, do you?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #110
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause

Quote:
You can. It's perfectly legal. in some states, such as mine. You don't see anyone using them, do you?
He's talkin to you, like you don't have Grenades and other blow up stuff!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #111
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
I don't think they should be banned but I do think they should be limited to home protection ONLY.
Quote:
I never said that they should be taken away.......

My opinion was they have a propper place to be used such as defending your home the place you live.
The proper place is where I want to use them. Simple as that. The government can't do anything about it unless I use it in an improper manner.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #112
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
He's talkin to you, like you don't have Grenades and other blow up stuff!
He just doesn't know me is all. I'm a certified, clinically diagnosed gun nut.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #113
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Yes i'm Black(not token either) and no Frank is not gay
This morning I was thinking that he's probly bangin Alterians Wife, that's why he closed the cheating thread.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #114
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

A citizen can purchase just about anything they wish up to chemical agents and nuclear arms. Tanks,Machine Guns, Howitzers, Missles, Fighter jets, you name it. If you can afford it and you can find one that a company is willing to sell you, you can have one.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #115
Quietstorm1911

Quote:
A citizen can purchase just about anything they wish up to chemical agents and nuclear arms. Tanks,Machine Guns, Howitzers, Missles, Fighter jets, you name it. If you can afford it and you can find one that a company is willing to sell you, you can have one.
I know you can purchase them, I was talking about walking around with them just because or just in case.

Example: you see a guy walking the street with a chain gun strapped to him. Is it ok for him to have it? Yes, but is it really needed? Would someone see it as over kill?

I have not touched his right to own or have it, "I" would just think it would be over kill for this situation as it stands now.

Now if things get here like they are in Afganistan or Syria, by all means break that puppy out wear it like a suit.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #116
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Ok, I got a question.

read what George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment had to say in his Fairfax County Militia Plan, which gives crystal clear meaning to "militia", then you decide:

…A well-regulated Militia, composed of the Gentlemen, Freeholders, and other Freemen was necessary to protect our ancient laws and liberty from the standing army…And we do each of us, for ourselves respectively, promise and engage to keep a good Fire-lock in proper Order & to furnish Ourselves as soon as possible with, & always keep by us, one Pound of Gunpowder, four Pounds of Lead, one Dozen Gun Flints, and a pair of Bullet Moulds, with a Cartouch Box, or powder horn, and Bag for Balls.

What he described was a firearm, equivalent in definition to that which the standing military had. I believe the military also had cannons, but he didn't suggest the militia keep cannons.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #117
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
I know you can purchase them, I was talking about walking around with them just because or just in case.

Example: you see a guy walking the street with a chain gun strapped to him. Is it ok for him to have it? Yes, but is it really needed? Would someone see it as over kill?

I have not touched his right to own or have it, "I" would just think it would be over kill for this situation as it stands now.

Now if things get here like they are in Afganistan or Syria, by all means break that puppy out wear it like a suit.
As long as you don't try to tell me what I can and can't do, like in your previous post, so be it. I don't get my big toys out much. They stay hidden away in a perfect state of repair.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #118
Quietstorm1911

Quote:
As long as you don't try to tell me what I can and can't do, like in your previous post, so be it. I don't get my big toys out much. They stay hidden away in a perfect state of repair.
There it is right there. YOU said it yourself. You don't get your big toys out much.

That is fine and acceptable.......

I consider a big toy an AK or AR with high capacity I don't see a need to have these on my person and easily assessable at all times except at home. you may not see it that way. Those Items to you may be your everyday pea shooters...lol

I don't think I ever said anything about what you can or can't do
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #119
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
There it is right there. YOU said it yourself. You don't get your big toys out much.

That is fine and acceptable.......

I consider a big toy an AK or AR with high capacity I don't see a need to have these on my person and easily assessable at all times except at home. you may not see it that way. Those Items to you may be your everyday pea shooters...lol

I don't think I ever said anything about what you can or can't do
I take the AR or shotty out every day.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #120
cataclyzm123
I have a big attitude!

Bikes: 2013 R1
Quote:
Damn, now why I got to be an a$$hole?

Just cause I don't see things just the same way as you? I have never said you should not be able to own any of these things or ban them. I have stated in my opnion I would keep my AK or AR at home to protect my house if I had said items.... I just did not see a need to carry said items with me at all times...
Thinking that my rights should be limited based on your opinion makes you an a$$hole.