Oregon mall shooting - Page 6 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #101
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!
 
Quietstorm1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
Location: Georgia
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
They aren't entitled to an opinion with regard my rights, freely given to me by the laws of this country. It's none of their business and until we let them know that it's not acceptable behavior, they will continue.


The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.
In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two Second Amendment decisions. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia[1][2] and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. In dicta, the Court listed many longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession as being consistent with the Second Amendment.[3] In McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits state and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government


This is what I said in the first place. "Defense within the home." Now where did I step on your Second Amendment Rights?
__________________
"I'm not afraid to go fast!! It's the crashing & burning that sucks"
Quietstorm1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #102
z064life
R1 Forum Star
 
z064life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 14,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post


The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.
In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two Second Amendment decisions. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia[1][2] and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. In dicta, the Court listed many longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession as being consistent with the Second Amendment.[3] In McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits state and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government


This is what I said in the first place. "Defense within the home." Now where did I step on your Second Amendment Rights?
that was an example "such as" Not ONLY. And the supreme court is such a joke anymore. I have 0 respect for them as they no longer are objectionable and they do not provide any checks and balances as was the intent.

Roe v Wade - State issue
DOE - State issue
Welfare - State issue
Unemployement - State issue
Medicare/Medicaid/Obamacare - State issue

I could go on and on and on.
__________________
Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #103
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause
 
JDollaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Yorkistan
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
And you don't make the rules on this one. If you don't like his posts, report them.
Why Cuz I'm a White-Hispanic?
__________________
R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron: NY!

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #104
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post


The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.
In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two Second Amendment decisions. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia[1][2] and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. In dicta, the Court listed many longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession as being consistent with the Second Amendment.[3] In McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits state and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government


This is what I said in the first place. "Defense within the home." Now where did I step on your Second Amendment Rights?
What does that have to do with your opinion? It's still not legal to infringe on the right to bear arms. The SCUOTUS continues to peel away freedoms illegally. Just as you intended when you wanted to take away my right to do so.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #105
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!
 
Quietstorm1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
Location: Georgia
Posts: 89
Ok, I got a question.

If it is acceptable to carry/have AKs, ARs with high capacity magazines (thanks drjak. lol) which I think we all can agree are military specs. This is our second amendment right (to bear arms). Why not just allow everyone if thay wanted to carry a rocket launcher, chain gun, mortar launcher around hell have a couple of granades on hand or would this be seen as something extreme?
__________________
"I'm not afraid to go fast!! It's the crashing & burning that sucks"
Quietstorm1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #106
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
And you don't make the rules on this one. If you don't like his posts, report them.
So. Eat me. You misogynistic asshat.

Oh wait, that's a compliment.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #107
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!
 
Quietstorm1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
Location: Georgia
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
What does that have to do with your opinion? It's still not legal to infringe on the right to bear arms. The SCUOTUS continues to peel away freedoms illegally. Just as you intended when you wanted to take away my right to do so.
I never said that they should be taken away.......

My opinion was they have a propper place to be used such as defending your home the place you live.
__________________
"I'm not afraid to go fast!! It's the crashing & burning that sucks"
Quietstorm1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #108
z064life
R1 Forum Star
 
z064life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 14,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
Ok, I got a question.

If it is acceptable to carry/have AKs, ARs with high capacity magazines (thanks drjak. lol) which I think we all can agree are military specs. This is our second amendment right (to bear arms). Why not just allow everyone if thay wanted to carry a rocket launcher, chain gun, mortar launcher around hell have a couple of granades on hand or would this be seen as something extreme?
honestly. If the military can have it and I can afford it...I should have no restrictions. The fact is the 2nd amendment was put there so the populace could defend itself from an attack from the Military(govt).

Collateral damage is something the person pulling the pin will have to deal with if that decision is made and it won't be pretty for them
__________________
Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #109
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
Ok, I got a question.

If it is acceptable to carry/have AKs, ARs with high capacity magazines (thanks drjak. lol) which I think we all can agree are military specs. This is our second amendment right (to bear arms). Why not just allow everyone if thay wanted to carry a rocket launcher, chain gun, mortar launcher around hell have a couple of granades on hand or would this be seen as something extreme?
You can. It's perfectly legal. in some states, such as mine. You don't see anyone using them, do you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #110
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause
 
JDollaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Yorkistan
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
You can. It's perfectly legal. in some states, such as mine. You don't see anyone using them, do you?
He's talkin to you, like you don't have Grenades and other blow up stuff!
__________________
R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron: NY!

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #111
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
I don't think they should be banned but I do think they should be limited to home protection ONLY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
I never said that they should be taken away.......

My opinion was they have a propper place to be used such as defending your home the place you live.
The proper place is where I want to use them. Simple as that. The government can't do anything about it unless I use it in an improper manner.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #112
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
He's talkin to you, like you don't have Grenades and other blow up stuff!
He just doesn't know me is all. I'm a certified, clinically diagnosed gun nut.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #113
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause
 
JDollaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Yorkistan
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Yes i'm Black(not token either) and no Frank is not gay
This morning I was thinking that he's probly bangin Alterians Wife, that's why he closed the cheating thread.
__________________
R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron: NY!

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #114
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,109
A citizen can purchase just about anything they wish up to chemical agents and nuclear arms. Tanks,Machine Guns, Howitzers, Missles, Fighter jets, you name it. If you can afford it and you can find one that a company is willing to sell you, you can have one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #115
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!
 
Quietstorm1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
Location: Georgia
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
A citizen can purchase just about anything they wish up to chemical agents and nuclear arms. Tanks,Machine Guns, Howitzers, Missles, Fighter jets, you name it. If you can afford it and you can find one that a company is willing to sell you, you can have one.
I know you can purchase them, I was talking about walking around with them just because or just in case.

Example: you see a guy walking the street with a chain gun strapped to him. Is it ok for him to have it? Yes, but is it really needed? Would someone see it as over kill?

I have not touched his right to own or have it, "I" would just think it would be over kill for this situation as it stands now.

Now if things get here like they are in Afganistan or Syria, by all means break that puppy out wear it like a suit.
__________________
"I'm not afraid to go fast!! It's the crashing & burning that sucks"
Quietstorm1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #116
KMac
SuperModerateur
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
Ok, I got a question.

If it is acceptable to carry/have AKs, ARs with high capacity magazines (thanks drjak. lol) which I think we all can agree are military specs. This is our second amendment right (to bear arms). Why not just allow everyone if thay wanted to carry a rocket launcher, chain gun, mortar launcher around hell have a couple of granades on hand or would this be seen as something extreme?

read what George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment had to say in his Fairfax County Militia Plan, which gives crystal clear meaning to "militia", then you decide:

…A well-regulated Militia, composed of the Gentlemen, Freeholders, and other Freemen was necessary to protect our ancient laws and liberty from the standing army…And we do each of us, for ourselves respectively, promise and engage to keep a good Fire-lock in proper Order & to furnish Ourselves as soon as possible with, & always keep by us, one Pound of Gunpowder, four Pounds of Lead, one Dozen Gun Flints, and a pair of Bullet Moulds, with a Cartouch Box, or powder horn, and Bag for Balls.



What he described was a firearm, equivalent in definition to that which the standing military had. I believe the military also had cannons, but he didn't suggest the militia keep cannons.
__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #117
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
I know you can purchase them, I was talking about walking around with them just because or just in case.

Example: you see a guy walking the street with a chain gun strapped to him. Is it ok for him to have it? Yes, but is it really needed? Would someone see it as over kill?

I have not touched his right to own or have it, "I" would just think it would be over kill for this situation as it stands now.

Now if things get here like they are in Afganistan or Syria, by all means break that puppy out wear it like a suit.
As long as you don't try to tell me what I can and can't do, like in your previous post, so be it. I don't get my big toys out much. They stay hidden away in a perfect state of repair.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #118
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!
 
Quietstorm1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
Location: Georgia
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
As long as you don't try to tell me what I can and can't do, like in your previous post, so be it. I don't get my big toys out much. They stay hidden away in a perfect state of repair.
There it is right there. YOU said it yourself. You don't get your big toys out much.

That is fine and acceptable.......

I consider a big toy an AK or AR with high capacity I don't see a need to have these on my person and easily assessable at all times except at home. you may not see it that way. Those Items to you may be your everyday pea shooters...lol

I don't think I ever said anything about what you can or can't do
__________________
"I'm not afraid to go fast!! It's the crashing & burning that sucks"
Quietstorm1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #119
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
There it is right there. YOU said it yourself. You don't get your big toys out much.

That is fine and acceptable.......

I consider a big toy an AK or AR with high capacity I don't see a need to have these on my person and easily assessable at all times except at home. you may not see it that way. Those Items to you may be your everyday pea shooters...lol

I don't think I ever said anything about what you can or can't do
I take the AR or shotty out every day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #120
cataclyzm123
I have a big attitude!
 
cataclyzm123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Bikes: 2013 R1
Location: 818
Posts: 7,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
Damn, now why I got to be an a$$hole?

Just cause I don't see things just the same way as you? I have never said you should not be able to own any of these things or ban them. I have stated in my opnion I would keep my AK or AR at home to protect my house if I had said items.... I just did not see a need to carry said items with me at all times...
Thinking that my rights should be limited based on your opinion makes you an a$$hole.
__________________
cataclyzm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.