Trooper shoots motorcyclist during pursuit - Page 6 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #101
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
Felony evading that carries a maximum sentence of 20 years is a minor infraction

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
This coming from the same people who justified the shooting. I'm looking at the facts, not the statute. Guy rode fast, didn't stop and gets shot. Utterly ridiculous. Pathetic.

Sent from my SGS3
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #102
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

It's department policy, clearly the attorney general down here doesn't have a problem with what they do

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexanidubs09 View Post
I'd suck 3 dicks to have that guys job
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #103
AKDMA
I eat my R1

That's right, trust your government. Wait, aren't you an obama hater? It's hypocrisy. Protect and serve indeed. You can't talk to a closed mind. Y'all have a merry christmas! I said what i think about this shocking abuseof authority. Unsubscribed.

Sent from my SGS3
Old 12-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #104
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
That's right, trust your government. Wait, aren't you an obama hater? It's hypocrisy. Protect and serve indeed. You can't talk to a closed mind. Y'all have a merry christmas! I said what i think about this shocking abuseof authority. Unsubscribed.

Sent from my SGS3
Yea, clearly I and the state I live in support Obama, give me a break
I'm also not into running from the police so I don't feel like I have to worry about getting shot in a pursuit

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #105
da rza
I eat my R1

Bikes: 07 r1 charcoal/blk
police at some point have to have authority/respect....rider should have stopped..could of endangered other motorist/pedestrians ...or even your child!....i guess the cop could of used the net gun!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #106
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by da rza View Post
police at some point have to have authority/respect....rider should have stopped..could of endangered other motorist/pedestrians ...or even your child!....i guess the cop could of used the net gun!
Use a net then he breaks his neck, people would still complain about excessive force.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #107
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Oh, and it isn't punishable by twenty years unless someone is killed by the person fleeing. The maximum sentence guidelines IF it was felony evading, which by statute it's very possible it was NOT, is 2-10 years. 2 years. So it's ok to shoot the guy. They had his identity, they could've just put a warrant and an APB out and he'd have been arrested without risking his life or the lives of innocent surrounding residents. If you're gonna quote statutes, at least read them first.

Sent from my SGS3
Old 12-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #108
rexmitchell

Quote:
Oh, and it isn't punishable by twenty years unless someone is killed by the person fleeing. The maximum sentence guidelines IF it was felony evading, which by statute it's very possible it was NOT, is 2-10 years. 2 years. So it's ok to shoot the guy. They had his identity, they could've just put a warrant and an APB out and he'd have been arrested without risking his life or the lives of innocent surrounding residents. If you're gonna quote statutes, at least read them first.

Sent from my SGS3
I did read them, what's to say he couldn't/wouldn't have killed someone? I thought you unsubscribed to this thread. Evading in a vehicle is automatically a felony also, only evading on foot is a lesser charge. Why do people keep defending criminals? If your family member got killed by an assclown like this I bet your attitude would be different . People bitch and moan that the police don't do enough to stop criminals, then constantly complain they overstepped their boundaries. Which one is it? You want police help or not?

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by rexmitchell; 12-25-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #109
AKDMA
I eat my R1

You're right on the vehicle. So the sentence i mentioned above us correct. Could've? He didn't, therefore it wasn't punishable by twenty years. It didn't say "possibility" or "chance of". I was just thinking of texas sentencing a guy to twenty years for evading and it sounded ridiculous. For good reason, it isn't true.

Sent from my SGS3

Last edited by AKDMA; 12-25-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #110
rexmitchell

Quote:
You're right on the vehicle. So the sentence i mentioned above us correct. Could've? He didn't, therefore it wasn't punishable by twenty years. It didn't say "possibility" or "chance of".

Sent from my SGS3
It brings me back to the point that the officer stopped the pursuit in compliance with his dept policies. He stopped the pursuit by shooting due to the fact that he felt that others lives were in danger, therefore stopping the individual from potentially killing someone. Back to the original point, dude would have never been shot if he had not run. The excuse that "it's only a minor traffic violation" is bullshit. If its a minor traffic violation they dumbass shouldn't have run then . That logic goes both ways, however running brought about a reaction from the police instead of a ticket that would have been dismissed when he renewed his license

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #111
rexmitchell

Quote:
You're right on the vehicle. So the sentence i mentioned above us correct. Could've? He didn't, therefore it wasn't punishable by twenty years. It didn't say "possibility" or "chance of". I was just thinking of texas sentencing a guy to twenty years for evading and it sounded ridiculous. For good reason, it isn't true.

Sent from my SGS3
Agreed, 20 years would be excessive. 10 not so much if he endangered a bunch of people. However, if he killed someone, the manslaughter charges would far outweigh the felony evading ending in death anyway

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #112
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPD270 View Post
LMAO!!! Little guy was hell bent on not going to church.

Having said that Im glad no one got hurt!!!!
I totally understand his thought process.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #113
hammy123
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

thats a slightly disproportionate punishment. Hate to think what would happen if he'd have done something really bad

Last edited by hammy123; 12-25-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo
hammy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #114
Links311
Yamahaaa!!

Bikes: 12' R1 MotoGP #0326
Execution by hangin' at noon---by his toes! That'll teach them hooligans!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #115
Skeeter
Forum Moderator

Bikes: '06 Raven R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-327th View Post
He might fart though, and that'd be the end of ya.

The OC I carry everyday is nowhere as potent as Scott's farts. This is a fact...

Rest in Peace Glenn "Elvis" Breaux - June, 17th 2007 and Chad Clifton - June, 25th 2008. You will always be with me when I ride. I will never forget you.
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #116
capecodr1
My R1 eats me.

agreed... rules keep getting stretched over time... should have NEVER been a chase. period. the police are helping to CREATE the danger by high speed chase over a traffic violation. pure bullshit. when someone's family get's killed cause a cruiser or a felon runs it will be a different story. PLEASE someone tell me how giving chase over a suspended license is warranted ? we don't live in prohibition times people. how hard would it be to find that guy and his ugly ass bike again??? really? let's rip up the town at 100mph in a bike and 50 damn cruisers and shoot a hand full of bullets... great idea.
capecodr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #117
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
I agree to some extent. Why give chase when you know who he is and where he lives? If you get the plate on dash cam, let him go

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #118
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodr1 View Post
agreed... rules keep getting stretched over time... should have NEVER been a chase
The same can be said about the idiot that ran in the first place, just because its a minor traffic violation doesn't mean it gives him the right to run. If he hasn't run, there wouldn't have been a chase either. With all the degenerates in society today, how does the trooper know the guy didn't just commit a murder/robbery, etc or had a bunch of drugs on him If the rider wasn't doing anything wrong (except ridding without a license) just take the ticket and go home

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #119
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Quote:
The same can be said about the idiot that ran in the first place, just because its a minor traffic violation doesn't mean it gives him the right to run. If he hasn't run, there wouldn't have been a chase either. With all the degenerates in society today, how does the trooper know the guy didn't just commit a murder/robbery, etc or had a bunch of drugs on him If the rider wasn't doing anything wrong (except ridding without a license) just take the ticket and go home

That's just putting too much hope in society.. A runners gonna run, doesn't mater what they did, they left the house willing to run. Why not be waiting for them when they get home?

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #120
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Quote:

He's a criminal.. it's not the same thing at all. He's an idiot. We hope our law enforcement has the ability to put their ego aside and do the responsible thing. Not act like Chuck Norris playing cops and robbers because the guy was speeding without a license and have a high speed shootout. It's just stupid. Your mentality of "he could've" is the one that allows civil rights and basic freedoms to be infringed upon. We have those rights for a reason. Try holding the "peace" officers to some accountability. As has been said, they easily could have arrested him later without firing a single shot or endangering a single person. Cops lose control of their vehicles all the time and fly into houses, other cars, etc. Not to mention the shooting itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement