firefighters shot in NY - Page 3 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 12-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #41
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post

It's almost hard not to think that way. I bet even Kirk is starting to think that way
You'd lose. My problem with many of the conspiracy theories involving the govt being at the helm is that I can't get past:

1. their ineptitude. Nobody has ever offered an explanation of how the govt can screw up so many things, yet pull off the most advanced, secretive, far reaching, and successful conspiracies such as 9/11, the moon landing, killing 20 kids in a school, etc.

2. the size of participation. Almost all of these instances would require a significant number of people being involved and you could never convince me that somebody along the way would not object and blow the whistle on the entire thing. Even if people did go along with it, when you see the towers fall and thousands of people dying, etc... ONE of them gets overcome by his conscience and leaks it out. Every single thing about human nature says this will happen, yet it never does. Funny how the gov't can defeat the laws of probability, but can't correctly determine if WMD's are around or not. I can certainly see a few people in the govt thinking up sheot like this, even fully supporting doing it, but they can't do it themselves and there's no way they can convince hundreds of others without one of them objecting.

As far as I'm concerned, you're seeing what has been predicted here all along: that people are reaching a point of snapping as the economy, the state of the country, the social environment, gov't intrustion, etc... get worse and worse. You can't predict people are going to snap because of all these reasons, then when it happens swear to God it was NOT for that reason, but a gov't conspiracy instead. At this point, you're seeing "copycat" psychos who see the attention every incident is getting and are formulating their own attention-grabbing, even BIGGER incident for their E-ticket. Hint: quit putting it all over the news and giving them their 15 minutes.

Last edited by KMac; 12-25-2012 at 07:08 AM.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #42
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
I agree to a point, but it only takes one passionate person to convince many, just ask Hitler.

I don't see it hard to set up lies about WMD to get troops on the ground, or have a president assassinated. Things like the moon landing to discourage the Russians seem easy to fake, but to fly planes into our own buildings or have schools shot up as a catalyst for a government agenda seem beyond reasonable. I don't see the government doing that when there are plenty of other things that can be done to attempt to disarm Americans.

Some of the things conspiracy theorists claim actually seem plausible, but some seem far fetched. This school shooting seems like an easy thing to plan and execute, but like you said; things like 9/11 are extravagant plans... And lets not kids ourselves... We chased bin laden forever.. And we don't officially know he's dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #43
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
This is just the beginning. It's going to get far worse before it gets really bad. At that point the gooberment will have no resistance against something nearing martial law. We are already in a police state and soon we will be under the gestapo thumb. Read my Sig line. It's a absolute truth. This incident seems even more likely and easy to enact a false flag op.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #44
Links311
Yamahaaa!!

Bikes: 12' R1 MotoGP #0326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
This is just the beginning. It's going to get far worse before it gets really bad. At that point the gooberment will have no resistance against something nearing martial law. We are already in a police state and soon we will be under the gestapo thumb. Read my Sig line. It's a absolute truth. This incident seems even more likely and easy to enact a false flag op.
I agree... and it scares me, hahah. Sad to say that the seemingly fanatical rantings I have heard from certain political views over the past 4 or 5 years that were warning of these potential revolutionary events taking place, seem to slowly transitioning into a reality.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #45
jmcmoto1
dunlops suck

Bikes: 2009 R1 (blue)
R.I.P Brothers.....such a horrific tragedy!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #46
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Oh, and even though I don't buy the govt orchestrates all of this stuff, I do question the information/misinformation that gets out that seems to always be in lockstep with their agenda. Today, an early story said the shooter used an "AR-15 like weapon that had the capability to accept high capacity magazines". Sheot, that could be a 10/22, but the intent is obviously there to seize on the current anti-AR-15 tide and keep driving nails in it's coffin. About an hour ago, I noticed the update to the same news story no longer has mention of any weapon in it. IMO, there should be a group that goes to all of these incidents and acts as a fact check agency for everything the media and govt say. Just making assumptions from afar is what fuels the conspiracy fire and lack of info seems like withheld info.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #47
FFroadnurse
I eat my R1

Incidents like this always linger in my mind when the tones go off for an unfamiliar response area.

Sent from my Nexus S using Motorcycle.com Free App
FFroadnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #48
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
Oh, and even though I don't buy the govt orchestrates all of this stuff, I do question the information/misinformation that gets out that seems to always be in lockstep with their agenda. Today, an early story said the shooter used an "AR-15 like weapon that had the capability to accept high capacity magazines". Sheot, that could be a 10/22, but the intent is obviously there to seize on the current anti-AR-15 tide and keep driving nails in it's coffin. About an hour ago, I noticed the update to the same news story no longer has mention of any weapon in it. IMO, there should be a group that goes to all of these incidents and acts as a fact check agency for everything the media and govt say. Just making assumptions from afar is what fuels the conspiracy fire and lack of info seems like withheld info.
Sad state of affairs when we need to have a group fact checking the fact checkers. So much for speaking truth to power. At least the communist media outlets were forced to go lock step. Our media has volunteered their cohesion

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington

Last edited by lobsterhound; 12-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #49
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
Without a doubt, the media is complicit with the government in pushing the propaganda. They got enough push back that things will continue to happen until they get their agenda pushed through. That's pretty clear now.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #50
firehawk2003
Ask the Master Chief

Bikes: Harris R71
Quote:
You'd lose. My problem with many of the conspiracy theories involving the govt being at the helm is that I can't get past:

1. their ineptitude.
After spending 22 years working for them, I tend to agree.

In a democracy, there's always going to be disagreement, always two sides. An "inside job" on the scale of 9-11 would have had plenty of nay-sayers, no matter how "deep" the project was buried. It's just not realistic or possible.
firehawk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:28 AM   #51
Creeping Death
Born Again Patriot

Bikes: 2009 YZF-R1, Raven
Quote:

1. their ineptitude. Nobody has ever offered an explanation of how the govt can screw up so many things, yet pull off the most advanced, secretive, far reaching, and successful conspiracies such as 9/11, the moon landing, killing 20 kids in a school, etc.

2. the size of participation. Almost all of these instances would require a significant number of people being involved and you could never convince me that somebody along the way would not object and blow the whistle on the entire thing. Even if people did go along with it, when you see the towers fall and thousands of people dying, etc... ONE of them gets overcome by his conscience and leaks it out. Every single thing about human nature says this will happen, yet it never does. Funny how the gov't can defeat the laws of probability, but can't correctly determine if WMD's are around or not. I can certainly see a few people in the govt thinking up sheot like this, even fully supporting doing it, but they can't do it themselves and there's no way they can convince hundreds of others without one of them objecting.

As far as I'm concerned, you're seeing what has been predicted here all along: that people are reaching a point of snapping as the economy, the state of the country, the social environment, gov't intrustion, etc... get worse and worse. You can't predict people are going to snap because of all these reasons, then when it happens swear to God it was NOT for that reason, but a gov't conspiracy instead. At this point, you're seeing "copycat" psychos who see the attention every incident is getting and are formulating their own attention-grabbing, even BIGGER incident for their E-ticket. Hint: quit putting it all over the news and giving them their 15 minutes.
1. The entire government is not involved. There are plenty of intelligent and devious people in the government as well as private sector accomplices. On the other hand, perhaps it's private sector pulling off the false flags with government accomplices.

2. I think you over estimate how many people it takes to pull off a false flag. It only takes a few people to manipulate patsies, plant evidence, and provide misinformation. And, there are whistle blowers and witnesses. They are silenced, ignored, or eliminated. Look into mysterious deaths of 9/11 witnesses. Oh wait, I found you a video. People also can't accept the idea that their government could do something so horrible to its own people so they choose to believe the official story and dismiss everything else as silly conspiracy theory.

I do however, agree that some of the things that have been happening are people snapping and trying to get their 15 minutes.

The government now deems us guilty until proven innocent, it's time we start playing that game too. Suspect everything, ask questions, do some research, don't wait until MSM outs the government... it's not going to happen.

Aurora, Co

The official story by the police who weren't there is that Holmes acted alone in spite of witness accounts and physical evidence to the contrary

a. NO ONE saw Holmes in the theatre, they saw another individual come in, sit down in the front row, take a phone call, and go to the exit and talk/motion to someone outside.

b. Many witnesses saw tear gas canisters thrown from two directions (yes I know they could have bounced off the wall).

c. A second gas mask was found in the parking lot.

d. Holmes was found sitting in his car outside the theatre, dazed and confused. I say drugged. Why would he sit there and wait for the cops? Because he wanted to get caught? Because he thinks he's 'The Joker'? Then why does he maintain he didn't do it? Second thoughts? I don't think so... He's crazy... thinks he's The Joker, remember?

c. He is kept heavily medicated throught trial so he can not defend himself. Even medicated he hasn't slipped up and admitted guilt.

Columbine
The official story is that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were the sole perpetrators inspite of many witnesses stating that they saw at least one other shooter in a white t-shirt.

9/11
A non-profit organization was formed called Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth. Thousands of architects and engineers screaming, yet no one hears them, that there is no possible way that planes could have brought down the twin towers and WTC 7 which was NOT even hit by a plane. They don't claim the government did it but they do claim the official story is bullshit.

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement