Holding bike for a soldier? - Page 3 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #41
mazzbm
US Army Sniper

Bikes: Pearl White 2010 R1, 2006 R1 SOLD , 2003 R6 SOLD
Funny enough i find this thread, because its about me.

A few things id like to throw out there, i am not a single 18 year old planning on buying my first bike and going to fall through. I am a married soldier who owns a car, a bike, and have had three bikes before my current one. I pay my bills, take care of my wife, and have the money to buy the r1 cash when i return home, and still be beyond financially stable, because i know how to save and invest my money wisely.

As for the not being a sniper thing, i am in fact a sniper, one of 9 in my batallion. Not only that but i graduated sniper school as a Private First Class. I have taken multiple SDM courses with the Armys "AMU" which consists solely of presidents 100 marksmen as well as deploying as a sniper. The guy selling the bike asked what i do in the army, so i told him. I dont go to bars and boast about my job but its no secret either.

Ill attach a picture of my Sniper School Diploma, and yes it is a diploma from sniper school look it up if you feel the need to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	431174_10151279261030010_1803496441_n.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	479519  
mazzbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #42
Tek Daddy
That Venom Swag Guy

Bikes: 2005 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance C View Post
What the **** is a 7th award expert?! Are you trying to say that you've qualified expert 7 times in your career?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Yes In the marines every time you get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc etc to hang on your expert badge, I been in 9 years and got to skip a few years from shooting, if you qual expert 2 years in a row you can skip the next year, we have to qual every year

Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #43
Tek Daddy
That Venom Swag Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzbm View Post

A few things id like to throw out there, i am not a single 18 year old planning on buying my first bike and going to fall through. I am a married soldier who owns a car, a bike, and have had three bikes before my current one. I pay my bills, take care of my wife, and have the money to buy the r1 cash when i return home, and still be beyond financially stable, because i know how to save and invest my money wisely.

As for the not being a sniper thing, i am in fact a sniper, one of 9 in my batallion. Not only that but i graduated sniper school as a Private First Class. I have taken multiple SDM courses with the Armys "AMU" which consists solely of presidents 100 marksmen as well as deploying as a sniper. The guy selling the bike asked what i do in the army, so i told him. I dont go to bars and boast about my job but its no secret either.

Ill attach a picture of my Sniper School Diploma, and yes it is a diploma from sniper school look it up if you feel the need to.
Bad ass and welcome to the best forum ever!!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #44
mazzbm
US Army Sniper

Thanks! Cant wait to be back in the states and start riding again, but no more r6 for me
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #45
Fuzzy
Redistribution Supplier

Bikes: 07 R1, 08 KTM 450
Quote:

Thanks for your service,what setup do you use..KAC ?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #46
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:

Welcome to the forum, congrats on securing a nice bike and hope you get back soon to enjoy it. Thanks for serving, and don't feel the need to have to justify yourself to anybody in here. Your deal is between you and the guy with the bike..........nobody else.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #47
mazzbm
US Army Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Thanks for your service,what setup do you use..KAC ?
I assume your asking what weapon setup i use? Generally i roll with my m110 SASS which is a KAC weapon, my spotter and my security man both have M16 SDM Rifles with high powered optics and two stage triggers. We turned in our M24s right before we deployed in the promise of receiving the new M2010s. If you are military or prior service im sure you know that was an empty promise and we wont be seeing the new rifles anytime soon. At least not here in 3rd ID, budget is very low right now. Other than that we all carry an M9 sidearm, we wear whatever plate carrier we want and configure our gear as we see fit, the only SOP we have to follow is IFAK on right side of our kit.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #48
polakw/aR1
Violence of action.

Bikes: Blue 5VY
Quote:
What the **** is a 7th award expert?! Are you trying to say that you've qualified expert 7 times in your career?

Sig by Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN Patton
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
polakw/aR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #49
polakw/aR1
Violence of action.

Quote:

Well holy fark I was hoping you would stop through here. Congrats on the bike. I just left Benning which im guessing is where your at. Left there at the end of nov. Dont take offense to the sniper comments if you are great, most who say they are in fact are not. While its nice of ya to post up your diploma I wouldnt do it, like Kmac said you dont have to justify your self to anyone here we are all a bunch od assholes. welcome and get home safely

Sig by Petrol

Quote:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #50
graphitegripper
I eat my R1

Bikes: Dark Silver 07 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by polakw/aR1 View Post
When the hell were you in? With my BAS, BAH and Base pay i clear a little over 40k a year...and im an E7. If our pat rocks then why is almost every E5 and below married with kids is on some sort of government hand out. Our pay blows for what most sacrifice. Im not gonna turn this into a he said she said but our pay sucks. Not to mention the numbers they use to compare civilian military pays is BS. Now what ever info you get compairing civil service to military is wrong. The equivilant mil rank to gs pay is crazy. Im not saying all civil servants make big money but a lot do, its all about education and qualifications. My brother in law is starting from the bottom of the barrell and isnt geting payed that awesome but once he gets promoted in his program he will be strait. My partner just retired and is making twice what he was making as an e7 with 23 1/2 years of service....yand i doing the exactsame thing but as a civi
Just checked my pay, e5 6 years in with BAS no BAH bc I live in base housing I made less than 35k before taxes last year with a infant and wife as stay at home mom, and we are on WIC. Hell my coworker same rank and time in has a wife and 3 little ones under the age of 3 and he even struggles. So yes military pay is tight. Doesn't suck, if you're single you can live comfortably, if you have a wife and children, then it gets super tight. To be able to cough up 600$ even if deployed is still tough.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #51
polakw/aR1
Violence of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphitegripper View Post
Just checked my pay, e5 6 years in with BAS no BAH bc I live in base housing I made less than 35k before taxes last year with a infant and wife as stay at home mom, and we are on WIC. Hell my coworker same rank and time in has a wife and 3 little ones under the age of 3 and he even struggles. So yes military pay is tight. Doesn't suck, if you're single you can live comfortably, if you have a wife and children, then it gets super tight. To be able to cough up 600$ even if deployed is still tough.

Thanks for helping to prove my point brother. Thanks for your continued service.

Sig by Petrol

Quote:
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #52
mazzbm
US Army Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakw/aR1 View Post
Well holy fark I was hoping you would stop through here. Congrats on the bike. I just left Benning which im guessing is where your at. Left there at the end of nov. Dont take offense to the sniper comments if you are great, most who say they are in fact are not. While its nice of ya to post up your diploma I wouldnt do it, like Kmac said you dont have to justify your self to anyone here we are all a bunch od assholes. welcome and get home safely
Thankyou for the congrats. Yes im stationed at benning and never thought i'd say this but i am really looking forward to coming back to it!

As for the sniper comments, i dont claim to be a great or super delta force sniper, i only have a year of section time, and as i earlier stated im a shooter so im clearly not the senior member of my team, when we get back to the rear my team leader is leaving as he fell on recruiting orders, so i should be taking over the TL position and be a spotter, just a chance for me to gain more experience and to help master my craft.

As for the bike, it was not a rushed decision to pick it up, i had already decided before i deployed and got the OK from the wife that i was going to get an R1 upon redeployment. Earlier in October i had briefly spoken to the seller about the bike, and whenever we got wifi access i would surf the web looking for a good deal on a used bike as well as looking into picking up a new one.

Now that were back in Kuwait , bags packed and through customs, and waiting to redeploy, i decided it was time to secure a bike for when i get home, i agreed with the price of the bike and he is fairly close to where i live so we made the deal. I absolutely can not wait to get home and pick her up, my father is even bringing his harley down to GA when i land because he cant wait to ride with me again! (Assuming its not too cold for the old man). This deployment has been extremely stressful on us, partially aided in dismantling my marriage, but at the end of the day ill still be riding the most beautiful girl of all, the 1.

Didnt mean to hijack this thread or get off topic so i apologize, hopefully can keep updated and post an end-story when i return home and pick up the bike, thanks everyone for your support we all appreciate it over here.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #53
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
I'd refund the money anyways if he doesn't buy it, but that's just me

Dude is making a sacrifice, if he comes back and needs the money, I'd be more than happy to give it back to him.

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett
rexmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #54
RC-DEVIL
I eat my R1

Bikes: 06 R1, 01 RC51, 75 CB550f Cafe
^^^^^^^^hey hey! thats the guy! welcome to the forum there are bunch of great guys here with wealth of information and the bikes waitin for ya to get home!

thanks for your service!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #55
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett
rexmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #56
Flexxx
*Insert Witty Phrase Here*

Bikes: A couple 09 R1's, 07 zx6r(sold), 05 R6(sold), 03 R1(sold)
Quote:
Thankyou for the congrats. Yes im stationed at benning and never thought i'd say this but i am really looking forward to coming back to it!

As for the sniper comments, i dont claim to be a great or super delta force sniper, i only have a year of section time, and as i earlier stated im a shooter so im clearly not the senior member of my team, when we get back to the rear my team leader is leaving as he fell on recruiting orders, so i should be taking over the TL position and be a spotter, just a chance for me to gain more experience and to help master my craft.

As for the bike, it was not a rushed decision to pick it up, i had already decided before i deployed and got the OK from the wife that i was going to get an R1 upon redeployment. Earlier in October i had briefly spoken to the seller about the bike, and whenever we got wifi access i would surf the web looking for a good deal on a used bike as well as looking into picking up a new one.

Now that were back in Kuwait , bags packed and through customs, and waiting to redeploy, i decided it was time to secure a bike for when i get home, i agreed with the price of the bike and he is fairly close to where i live so we made the deal. I absolutely can not wait to get home and pick her up, my father is even bringing his harley down to GA when i land because he cant wait to ride with me again! (Assuming its not too cold for the old man). This deployment has been extremely stressful on us, partially aided in dismantling my marriage, but at the end of the day ill still be riding the most beautiful girl of all, the 1.

Didnt mean to hijack this thread or get off topic so i apologize, hopefully can keep updated and post an end-story when i return home and pick up the bike, thanks everyone for your support we all appreciate it over here.
I had a friend of a friend just graduate form Benning. I come from a biggg military family, so I somewhat have an idea of the stresses. Sister, aunt, cousin, grandfather, etc are/were all military. I think I could speak for all by saying your service is greatly appreciated, but often unappreciated. Stay safe out there.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON JOIN HERE

My 09 R1 Build

Flexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #57
polakw/aR1
Violence of action.

Quote:

No need to say sorry big homie, this is your thread!!! Hey if ya ever head out to FT Carson let me know brotha and we'll go tear it up in the mountains. If you need anything out there at benning let me know i can put you in touch with some folks that can make shit happen for you. Just PM me and we'll get it worked out.

Sig by Petrol

Quote:
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #58
Lance C
RLTW!

Bikes: 04 Red Yamaha R1
mazzbm - Stop pretneding to be Delta.
-Gutted Cat
-DynoJet PCIII
-Graves V-Stacks
-Flush mount signals
-Integrated Taillight
-Fender Eliminator
-Ohlins Rear Shock
-CRG GP Clutch
-SATO Rearsets

R1-011 WolfPack

Lance C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #59
Lance C
RLTW!

Bikes: 04 Red Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek Daddy View Post
Yes In the marines every time you get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc etc to hang on your expert badge, I been in 9 years and got to skip a few years from shooting, if you qual expert 2 years in a row you can skip the next year, we have to qual every year

Marine 1: Hey Sarge! I just qualified expert!
Marine 2: Me too! Looks like I dont have to do it next year!
Marine 1: Wowie! Devil Dogs! Arf Arf!
Ranger: ****ing christ! :headshake
Marine 1&2: poker face

Seriously I had no idea you guys did that. That's my nugget for today.
-Gutted Cat
-DynoJet PCIII
-Graves V-Stacks
-Flush mount signals
-Integrated Taillight
-Fender Eliminator
-Ohlins Rear Shock
-CRG GP Clutch
-SATO Rearsets

R1-011 WolfPack

Last edited by Lance C; 01-02-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Lance C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #60
Tek Daddy
That Venom Swag Guy

Quote:
Marine 1: Hey Sarge! I just qualified expert!
Marine 2: Me too! Looks like I dont have to do it next year!
Marine 1: Wowie! Devil Dogs! Arf Arf!
Ranger: ****ing christ! :headshake
Marine 1&2: poker face

Seriously I had no idea you guys did that. That's my nugget for today.
Hey fvck tard sarge is an army term and we marines take offense to that hooah hahaha