Wow, Denny's now working to be a gun free zone - Page 4 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #61
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
With a few exceptions, they can't even ask you IF you carry in your car or not.
also true...and also why I love this state....wish there was a way we could not be drug down with the rest.

Only real thing that pissed me off that Mitch did was the private school vouchers have income limits. I pay taxes like the next guy and should be able to decide where to send my kids to school just like the next guy.

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #62
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilker View Post
Seriously. I dislike cops as much as the next guy but in all honestly they do more good then harm. Some of them are a bunch if asses but a majority of them are acualy good people and bust there asses every time they have to work.
Yeah my license plate reads"FTP" but I do still respect them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
and the VAST majority of gun carrying people are good as well.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #63
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkedR1Pilot View Post
hes got balls... and hes under fire from just about every direction... but hes holding his ground so far
He will get voted out, he is honest and all about bringing business and work to Maine. Thats not what people want anymore. I personally have a man crush on him myself

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #64
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Retardation. Not just in the story, but in some of the responses here that I"ve read. Competely opposite of your views and belief in the way some of you respond in the other threads. This is why I've avoided threads like these.

A group of cops are going to fold towards an establishment when the state, city and municipality recognizes their legal right and obligation to carry? Right...
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #65
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
Retardation. Not just in the story, but in some of the responses here that I"ve read. Competely opposite of your views and belief in the way some of you respond in the other threads. This is why I've avoided threads like these.

A group of cops are going to fold towards an establishment when the state, city and municipality recognizes their legal right and obligation to carry? Right...
I'm pretty sure most here think it is stupid they were asked to leave....but those same also think a normal citizen should be allowed to carry as well.

BTW...the citizens have a legal right to carry as well....but no obligation.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #66
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

I believe any normal citizen has the right and should carry. I personally don't, but by all means please do. It takes less pressure off of me to react when the next pussy faggot decides to go apeshit in a gun free zone.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #67
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
My friend just graduated from IU.....
You've got a gay friend?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #68
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
That's nothing more than a manager who is letting his personal beliefs/politics cloud his judgment............i.e. a liberal.
and of course, somebody up the mgmt food chain finally weighed in....

Quote:
On Thursday a Dennyís official met with the police department and offered an apology for the actions taken by the local restaurantís management. Dennyís reiterated their corporate policy allows all law enforcement officers to carry their weapons while inside their restaurants.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #69
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

That's not surprising

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
That dude is a walking tampon.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #70
ALTON05R1
Living Life Like a Mad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
Cops should not have special priveleges. If we can't have it, they shouldn't have it. Do you not understand the purpose of the 2nd amendment? There's nothing in it that says only cops can have guns. So you're ok with it when the cops can have guns but you can't? Are you a citizen or a subject?

so is your theory that if you cant have a gun no one should? If you are legally authorized to carry open or concealed why shouldnt you be able to carry? Cops should be able to carry anywhere the law permits IMO. It more or less sounds like you dont like LEO's

Sig by the great Uncle P
ALTON05R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #71
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTON05R1 View Post

so is your theory that if you cant have a gun no one should? If you are legally authorized to carry open or concealed why shouldnt you be able to carry? Cops should be able to carry anywhere the law permits IMO. It more or less sounds like you dont like LEO's
The issue is that creeping Death...as well as a lot of the rest of us believe we have the right to carry anywhere per the 2nd amendment

And that should override any law that states otherwise

Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #72
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
The issue is that creeping Death...as well as a lot of the rest of us believe we have the right to carry anywhere per the 2nd amendment

And that should override any law that states otherwise
That really has no bearing on disarming cops though....... That is another argument altogether

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
That dude is a walking tampon.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #73
ALTON05R1
Living Life Like a Mad Man

Im not really arguing that my point is why do some feel that just because they cannot carry in a restaurant, LEO's shouldnt be allowed to carry on duty either. It sounds like some one an all or nothing when it comes to stuff like this.

Sig by the great Uncle P
ALTON05R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #74
Wilker
Talk ****... cool story brah

Bikes: 2011 R1
So a few weeks ago in a theater there was a shooting but the gunman only got one shot of before an off duty cop pulled his gun and kill the gunman what save countless life because he was carrying his gun.

Wilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #75
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilker View Post
So a few weeks ago in a theater there was a shooting but the gunman only got one shot of before an off duty cop pulled his gun and kill the gunman what save countless life because he was carrying his gun.

The off duty cop was a woman

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #76
Wilker
Talk ****... cool story brah

Bikes: 2011 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
The off duty cop was a woman
See I didn't want to say woman cause they shouldn't even have rights... ahhhhhh I'm gonna get my balls chopped off for say.that! !!!! I had to though:P

Last edited by Wilker; 01-06-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Wilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #77
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #78
Creeping Death
Born Again Patriot

Bikes: 2009 YZF-R1, Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTON05R1 View Post

Is this thread still going?

Yes, if I am not permitted to carry my gun then no one should. There should be no special priveleges for cops. The purpose of the 2nd amendment is for me to protect myself from government. Cops are government. How can I defend myself if only they are armed? Apperently you're one of those lemmings that believe the 2nd amendment is for 'hunting' and only applies to muskets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
That really has no bearing on disarming cops though....... That is another argument altogether

It does have bearing... You obviously still do not understand the purpose of the 2nd amendment or liberty for that matter and I don't think you ever will. It has been discussed time and time again on this forum and you still don't get it.

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #79
TexASS R1
Sofa King Tired!!!

Bikes: 2003 600 R(sold) 2004 R6(sold), 2007 R1
Here in Texas u can conceal a gun(CHL)where alcohol is sold as long there is not a 51% sign.. I carry mine in restaurants all the time where beer and wine is served.. If the restaurant has a sign outside that says u can't then ur SOL..

SIG Courtesy of Petrol
GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON - 015
TexASS R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement