For the Forum gun fiends! - Page 588 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #11741
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best
 
BeaverPuncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes: Want a new bike
Location: Nashville,Tn
Posts: 19,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverWiKiD View Post
Truthfully I am surprised Tennessee is like that. I figured it would be pro would be a pro gun state.
Oh it is very much so. But we have had a bunch of rich busy bodies move to middle tn in the last 20 yrs . Their wives have nothing better to do than take up some cause.
__________________

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #11742
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
Oh it is very much so. But we have had a bunch of rich busy bodies move to middle tn in the last 20 yrs . Their wives have nothing better to do than take up some cause.
They're going to change the name from the State of Tennessee to the State of Brentwood.
__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #11743
4EverWiKiD
No rest for the wikid
 
4EverWiKiD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Bikes: 2007 Yamaha R1 (Street again) - 2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600 (Track)
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
Oh it is very much so. But we have had a bunch of rich busy bodies move to middle tn in the last 20 yrs . Their wives have nothing better to do than take up some cause.
Too many pussy whipped men letting their women out of the kitchen!
__________________


RIP - dieyoung69(Pierre)


NESBA #207


Lucky 13th Squadron
4EverWiKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #11744
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best
 
BeaverPuncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes: Want a new bike
Location: Nashville,Tn
Posts: 19,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
They're going to change the name from the State of Tennessee to the State of Brentwood.
More like the state of Brentwood and the capitol is belle Meade.


so you know about Williamson county then.
There are some good reps here though. Just a crap ton of money that pushes stuff around sometimes. The county did divert funds to put full time police in all schools here though until they can come up with a plan.
__________________

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #11745
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause
 
JDollaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Yorkistan
Posts: 21,158
WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...ntrol-decision
__________________
R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron: NY!

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #11746
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 21,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...ntrol-decision
Heard the same thing from my local store, there may be a shipment thursday
__________________

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #11747
Creeping Death
Born Again Patriot
 
Creeping Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Bikes: 2009 YZF-R1, Raven
Location: U.S.S.A.
Posts: 4,232
Fvck 'em, I haven't seen 308 or 45 in a Walmart in weeks anyway. Funny thing is they have plenty of 40.
__________________

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #11748
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 21,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
Fvck 'em, I haven't seen 308 or 45 in a Walmart in weeks anyway. Funny thing is they have plenty of 40.
Decent amount of .45 but since you mention it, there is a crap load of .40 available locally.
__________________

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #11749
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause
 
JDollaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Yorkistan
Posts: 21,158
Midway Smells Ban also.. letter to Customers.

""Dear Customer

We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as high-capacity magazines and AR-15 parts and accessories. Therefore we have done a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly. Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service
""
__________________
R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron: NY!

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #11750
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,758
I've got like 8 things on BO from Midway and haven't seen that letter. Did you get it in email? Which reminds me, I had about 4 other BO's from Midway and they only sent me notices on half of them when they're supposed to email you for each one of them. Had I not logged onto their website to look for a part I would not have known.
__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #11751
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
Midway Smells Ban also.. letter to Customers.

""Dear Customer

We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as high-capacity magazines and AR-15 parts and accessories. Therefore we have done a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly. Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service
""
That is total f*cking bullshit. If you paid for the item and they have the item, they should ship it while it is still legal to do so.

Everyone needs to remember these retailers that raised prices, yanked guns/ammo off of shelves, etc once all this settles down and take thier business to those stores that acted appropriately.
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #11752
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best
 
BeaverPuncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes: Want a new bike
Location: Nashville,Tn
Posts: 19,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
That is total f*cking bullshit. If you paid for the item and they have the item, they should ship it while it is still legal to do so.

Everyone needs to remember these retailers that raised prices, yanked guns/ammo off of shelves, etc once all this settles down and take thier business to those stores that acted appropriately.
I have a 25 dollar gift card for dicks and dont want to use it because of their crap.
__________________

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #11753
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
That is total f*cking bullshit. If you paid for the item and they have the item, they should ship it while it is still legal to do so.

The buyer chooses whether they want items shipped separately if in stock, or wait until all items on the order are available. It looks like Midway is choosing to ship you your stuff even if you DID select to wait for complete shipment. On the face of it, that's really a good thing, although they have an interest (completed sales) in doing it. My issue was their unreliable email notification system. In all fairness, it's the only time I've had issues with them.
__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #11754
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 21,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
I have a 25 dollar gift card for dicks and dont want to use it because of their crap.
dicks can eat a dick
__________________

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #11755
MaRce1o
Track time :flex:
 
MaRce1o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Bikes: Red RN19, SV650(sold), 07 GSXR600, XR50
Location: mASS
Posts: 14,250
Alright so I chickened out and bought another thousand on top of what I had of 762 lol he said he just had gotten off the phone with his supplier and he can't put any orders in for 762 and 223


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
__________________


CCS #171

2014 NE Middleweight SuperSport Champion
2014 NE Middleweight SuperBike Champion


Sponsored by:
-J&G Performance 781-871-1404
-DanQ Suspensions
-Dunlop
-Vortex
-Race Tech Suspensions
-Fast Life Cycles
-Twizz Designs

What's the right tire for YOUR bike?
MaRce1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #11756
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best
 
BeaverPuncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes: Want a new bike
Location: Nashville,Tn
Posts: 19,009
Going to be about the ammo guys .Thats the easiest target for them.
__________________

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #11757
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause
 
JDollaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Yorkistan
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
That is total f*cking bullshit. If you paid for the item and they have the item, they should ship it while it is still legal to do so.
That's not how I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
The buyer chooses whether they want items shipped separately if in stock, or wait until all items on the order are available. It looks like Midway is choosing to ship you your stuff even if you DID select to wait for complete shipment. On the face of it, that's really a good thing, although they have an interest (completed sales) in doing it. My issue was their unreliable email notification system. In all fairness, it's the only time I've had issues with them.
This, it's a good thing on their part IMO.
__________________
R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron: NY!

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #11758
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
That's not how I read it.


well just mentioning the possibility of an EO sounds fishy to me. If they don't hold stuff, then good for them; if they do, f*ck 'em.
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #11759
2WEELFERRUM04
STFU and ride!!
 
2WEELFERRUM04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bikes: '14 HP4 COMP '04 R1 Track '07 R1
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,806
just in case you haven't seen this
if you have its worth the repost

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349650
__________________

2WEELFERRUM04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #11760
Clown
I eat my R1
 
Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Bikes: R1
Location: Southern Michigan
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WEELFERRUM04 View Post
just in case you haven't seen this
if you have its worth the repost

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349650
I saw this on firearmstalk.com but I'll do it again.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
__________________
I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man. ~George Washington
Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R1-Forum/R6-Forum Memorial Trackday at Jennings GP, March 2010 Sign-Up DanQ Trackdays / Schools 447 03-08-2010 01:40 PM
Special Edition McCoy / R1-forum.com / R6-forum.com Race Suit & Jackets SpidermanSS Vendors and Group Purchases 34 05-18-2007 04:03 PM
Qustions for R1 fiends. Oil Baffle, Gas Cap, Plug for gauges Bonjo2 General Motorcycle Discussions 3 10-25-2006 09:16 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.