Central Florida, YEC ECU dyno tune, who? - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
burn-z
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
Cool, I'm really curious to see your results.
One of EDR's recent projects: https://www.facebook.com/#!/edrperformance

2012 R1 +27rwhp just with bolt on parts and lot of EDR Tuning!
Blue: Box stock off showroom, 92 pump
Red: EDR Tuned, 92 pump, 100% stock engine

Git Sum! 2012 R1 100% stock engine! only 488 miles..mods listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Radley View Post
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit
burn-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Nice, Do you know which stacks they're using?

Sent from my SGS3
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
burn-z
I eat my R1

Quote:
Nice, Do you know which stacks they're using?

Sent from my SGS3
You would have to ask Eric. He said there are several options with Graves being one but the others are a bit less $$.
Quote:
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #24
edwho?
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

guys graves stacks WORK and not overly priced. There are other options for some of us, but frankly for the typical R1 rider/racer buying from Graves is best plus Shane is super easy to work with and they have in stock typically. Yes we do have custom ones made time to time, but again other variables are in play (what cams? head work or not? type of track? etc) but for you guys with std engines the graves stacks are hard to beat and work great. Full good pipe (Graves/Akra/Leo) filter, ecu flashed PROPERLY (or imo YEC ecu) and mapped right with Graves stacks your bike will make over 165 rwhp all day long. Thats more than 99% of us can use

Good luck, thanks for compliments!
Eric Dorn
EDR Performance
Old 01-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
burn-z
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed who? View Post
guys graves stacks WORK and not overly priced. There are other options for some of us, but frankly for the typical R1 rider/racer buying from Graves is best plus Shane is super easy to work with and they have in stock typically. Yes we do have custom ones made time to time, but again other variables are in play (what cams? head work or not? type of track? etc) but for you guys with std engines the graves stacks are hard to beat and work great. Full good pipe (Graves/Akra/Leo) filter, ecu flashed PROPERLY (or imo YEC ecu) and mapped right with Graves stacks your bike will make over 165 rwhp all day long. Thats more than 99% of us can use

Good luck, thanks for compliments!
Eric Dorn
EDR Performance
The man of the hour.

Thanks Eric. I couldn't remeber which stacks you said they were. I may have been confusing Graves and YEC. Was this with both uppers and lowers? Is it necessary to do both? I'll be sending my forks off to you for the refresh and sbk valves this week before I leave. Still trying to figure out the best time for me to get my bike out to you for the headwork. I still need a few more $$.
Quote:

Last edited by burn-z; 01-15-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #26
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
So EDR can put out a 100% stock motor and make 170+ rwhp but graves can't put out a bike making over 185rwhp?

What gives??

(BurnZ's sig)

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #27
AKDMA
I eat my R1

That's talking about full factory WSB or BSB spec bikes too.. less restrictions than AMA. They have the big airbox as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #28
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Quote:
That's talking about full factory WSB or BSB spec bikes too.. less restrictions than AMA. They have the big airbox as well.
I see...

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #29
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Don't get me wrong, I'm inline with your thinking. Those bikes would be making more than the Graves bike. Graves has to be down at least 5-10+hp from those.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #30
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

I need to get mine back to the dyno when my bazaar gets here. Along with a weight scale

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #31
burn-z
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
So EDR can put out a 100% stock motor and make 170+ rwhp but graves can't put out a bike making over 185rwhp?

What gives??

(BurnZ's sig)
According to some of the top builders getting to 170-175 isn't that hard but it will cost you well over $5k. It's getting it to 185 and beyond...extremely expensive. PM "Skipastrip" Skip Salenius and ask him what the bikes were making. He worked for Graves and rode AMA SBK on a Yamaha. EDR didn't say anything about 170 from a stock motor. This was 168 rwhp with full Akra EVO kit, spec ecu, stacks and a ton of tuning time and add a couple more hp from race fuel. To go to the next level requires major headwork, kit cams/springs and full race rad for cooling. Graves AMA bikes don't even remotely resemble stock bikes anymore. They got quite a few parts from Yamaha's works sbk program that was discontinued. Try a full Motec ecu and the engineers to manipulate it. You're talking $100k+ for that feature. Hence the reason AMA wants to limit the field to factory kit ecu's (YEC) and set a cap on cost. I heard a rumor of a total cost of $17k for ecu's. If this happens Yamaha has already said they were pulling out of AMA. The quote in my sig is from Tim Radley and if you don't know who he is just Google his name or check his website: http://www.racedevelopments.co.uk/
Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #32
AKDMA
I eat my R1

That edr bike is 170hp bone stock engine it says. Just tuning, flash, exhaust, stacks and race fuel. You would think there would be more than 15hp out of a full factory wsbk or bsb.. Even ama.

Sent from my SGS3
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #33
burn-z
I eat my R1

Quote:
That edr bike is 170hp bone stock engine it says. Just tuning, flash, exhaust, stacks and race fuel. You would think there would be more than 15hp out of a full factory wsbk or bsb.. Even ama.

Sent from my SGS3
168hp is hardly on a bone stock motor. It's bone stock if you're refering to the internals but everything else is pretty spendy. Even AMA bikes have a bone stock lower end aside from balance and blueprint. Pistons, rings, crank and rods are all oem, cams can change duration but not lift, heads can be ported but combustion chambers can't be touched. Read the rules for AMA SBK.

http://www.amaproracing.com/assets/A...1-Rulebook.pdf

The x-plane is a difficult motor to get big numbers out of and every 5 hp is exponentially more expensive to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAVESPORT.com
i will tell you this. NO BULLSHIT! on the best day....the BEST DAY, josh hayes superbike had hp # in the high 170s. i know how much r and d is put into that motor. so...when people start talking out of their asses about hp #s, it bothers me a little bit. i was only able to get just over 170hp w/ all the shit i had done to mine. let me know if i can help you in the future. i won't feed you any bullashit. there's a formula to make the r1 fast. people can chase it....we, at graves, know it. it's crazy to me that people won't just believe me. results speak fro themselves!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AMAPro-RR-2012-Rulebook-Redline.pdf (654.8 KB, 1 views)
Quote:

Last edited by burn-z; 01-15-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #34
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Thanks for helping me understand what your post was.

I need to get the bike to a proper tuner, and I don't think one is in Florida

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #35
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
168hp is hardly on a bone stock motor. It's bone stock if you're refering to the internals but everything else is pretty spendy. Even AMA bikes have a bone stock lower end aside from balance and blueprint. Pistons, rings, crank and rods are all oem, cams can change duration but not lift, heads can be ported but combustion chambers can't be touched. Read the rules for AMA SBK.

http://www.amaproracing.com/assets/A...1-Rulebook.pdf

The x-plane is a difficult motor to get big numbers out of and every 5 hp is exponentially more expensive to do.
Well, the motor itself is bone stock. One would think you could get more than 15hp with pistons, head work, balancing, motec, large volume cf airbox, large intake/plenum, etc etc. which would be the spec bike tim was referencing. SBK or BSB

Sent from my SGS3
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #36
canes1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2004 R1
KWS in SC do them. They did my 04 R1. MIght give them a call and see if they know anyone in the area.
canes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement