Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Venom Squadron Second Annual April Jennings Meet up :)

11K views 185 replies 15 participants last post by  JH721 
#1 · (Edited)
Aloha my Venom Squadron brothers and sisters :hellobye

It's getting to be that time of year where we can start planning to meet at tracks for the 2014 riding season :rock. Last year we had a somewhat successful meeting of members at Jennings GP in April, and I'd like to take another shot at having everyone plan another meeting.

Here's a link to their home page if you have any questions feel free to search their site or ask any of us :)
http://www.jenningsgp.com/index.htm

Saturday, April 26
JGP Track Day

Sunday, April 27
JGP Track Day

Monday, April 28
JGP Track Day

It looks like our best time to meet which would also give us the most time to save our money would be the ones I've highlighted in red :)

Unfortunately this year we again will not be renting the track, so it'll be up to the individual to pay for themselves ahead of time to insure a spot to run with everyone. We had success with people paying and a fantastic BBQ for dinner both nights, and it's a great way to meet some members and tear the track up.

While this won't be a forum sponsored event, I'll still keep a list of members who are planning the trip, considering the meeting, or have already payed :)

Thanks everyone, and if you want to contact me with any questions regarding the track, the location, directions, general track rules, Jennings safety requirements or prepping the bike for the track, please don't hesitate to Email/PM me or call/text at: grayboschcm@yahoo.com/ 386-307-2560.

My goal is to eventually have venom sponsored full track rental, so these meet ups do great for my confidence in spending the money to rent the track for ourselves :secret:

Riders attending:
-Advanced group:

-Intermediate group
Gearheaded - Sat/Sun...... Confirmed for both days
Skeeter- Sat/Sun............. Confirmed both days
Sal- Sat/Sun................. Confirmed both days
Blackshadow- Sat/Sun......... (Not paid)
UnoRavenR1- Sat/Sun......... Confirmed both days
JeffD- Sat/Sun.................. (Not paid yet)

-Beginner group:
Chasewardstubb- Sat/Sun.... Confirmed both days
Acidsamurai- Sat/Sun.......... Confirmed both days
Molonlabe- Sat/Sun.......... Confirmed for sat
R1buttercup- Sat.............. Confirmed
R1HotRod- Sat/Sun.......... Confirmed for Saturday

Non specified:
BeachinR1
Jraw
Tony C
Kat K

Track Day Pricing
Saturdays or Sundays $150 per day per Rider, if you signup the day of the event.
If you pre-register before the event the cost will be $130
Pre-registration will CLOSE at 12:00 Noon on the Friday before a track day weekend. You will have to pay $150 at the track if you don't pre-register by that Friday.
Track Days are Rain or Shine - No Refunds or Transfers
Mondays $105 per Rider
$10.00 Per Per Person GATE FEE

Oh, and everyone who has a venom squadron Tshirt or r1-forum Tshirt and doesn't wear it for our group photo will have to stand on their head when we take the pic. Spouses don't count, but venom members do :fact

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! I'll say tentative in for sat/sun til I actually pay. Had a great time last year.

#13 ·
Just a suggestion...any chance you can add groups to the list? Just curious if I'll be scootin around by myself in novice again or if someone else will be out there with me. Obviously you don't have to commit to it in this thread, just for curiosity/information sake.

Also, does anyone know if it'd be worth bringing my DR-Z400SM as well, or is it just too damn slow for Jennings? Tops out around 80-90 or so, but handles like a demon. It'd be fun as hell in the back section.

#23 ·
You should consider it. You don't have to go out there and haul ass, riding above your limit. It's perfectly fine to ride at a safe pace, maybe lean her over just enough to skim the asphalt ever so slightly, round the start/finish line a few times, and shoot the bull with the guys in the pit, talking about what you can do better every lap.

A great man one told me "the track is the most fun you can have with your clothes on"

And Randy will be at Jennings with us :rock

#25 ·
Now you're just making excuses :lol

I understand if you don't want to go, but you could always catch a ride with someone, Jennings allows suit rental, and riding experience doesn't matter because riding at the track will 100% make you a better rider on the Street :fact

#27 ·
It's close to a five hour drive for me too if we bring the toy hauler. Chris, I talked to my good friend Sal and he's in with us. I'll probably pay us up by the end of the month to lock in a spot since it's a open JGP track day to anyone anywhere.

#29 ·
I'm with you. I'll be paying sooner than later so I can lock my spot in :thumbup
You can probably bump me down to beginner/novice. I haven't been to Jennings before and it'll be my first trackday of the season. I'll probably be putting around the first day. If not I can always ask for a bump. :dunno
Will do sir :)

#28 ·
You can probably bump me down to beginner/novice. I haven't been to Jennings before and it'll be my first trackday of the season. I'll probably be putting around the first day. If not I can always ask for a bump. :dunno

#30 ·
I will be coming up for Sat. - Sun., Just to spectate and get myself an idea of what track days and Jennings are all about. Also, of course to meet up with you guys face to face.

Do I need to pre-register just to come out and watch?

Is anyone making plans for accommodations, or will you be camping at the track?

#31 ·
I'll be camping. To spectate at Jennings during a track day weekend you just need 10$ and that'll get you through the gate all weekend.

If you're gonna make the trip id say drag the bike along if possible. Between the lot of is we'd easily be able to get it track ready and on the course :)

#33 ·
My initial plans were to ride the bike up and hotel it for the night - Now I'll need to re-strategerize my plan and see if I can get my paws on a trailer and possibly haul it up there so I might have the chance to get her out there for some laps w/ the beginner group and some rented gear.

I'll be there for sure, just not positive in what configuration - luckily I've got some time to work on it.

:rock

#37 ·
Y'all suck. :fact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.