Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Need Help Reassembling a 2005 yamaha r6- PICS ATTACHED

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Gearheaded 
#1 ·
I attached pics this time, Im sorry for starting a new thread.
I took the bike apart 7 months ago, took videos of the dis-assembling, however i lost my videos.
Any Help is appreciated.
And btw, i have all the manuals but the pic is not helping.
Specifically, I need to know how to re-assemble the front cowling, including speedometer, mirror and front light.
As you can see from pic, everything is off.
Also, how to reattach the fuel tank. I know its straight forward and I agree, However Im worried about the wires/tubes/conections to the fuel tank. Plus I also remembered I had to turn off a switch when i was removing the fuel tank and cant remember where the switch is or what else to do.
I also need help with the side cowling and rear tire.
I already have the manuals and the pics are not helping.

If any of the members reside close to Houston, TX and want to help- I will pay for your time. Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
the tank can only really be connected 1 way.

Your pics aren't showing

speedometer gets attached to the fairing stay. cowling gets attached to the lights, which then gets attachedk to the fairing stay (4 or 6 screws for the light, 4 into the fairing stay iirc). Mirrors are attached after the fairing stay and cowling..you do know where they go right?

From your posts you really need to find someone there or pay a dealership. You probably shouldn't have torn it down so much without knowing you had help and without any experience.

#3 ·
here are the pics again. On the first one with the lamp attached, its just hanging there.

The dealership person i spoke to told me its $100 an hour, minimum of 3 hrs. It will cost $105 to have someone take it over there, someone recommended by the dealership to start. For that amount of money, I could have had someone paint the bike, and do the reassembling too.

#10 ·
:lol

This is his 2nd post about it....I sent him the '07R6s manual since it's the same as an 05 R6 except for the inverted forks of the '05....Oh my

Mr2Hos...step away from the bike please...there are parts you are asking about that matter A LOT at speed. Either find someone to help, pay or not to help or do this for you.

#8 ·
Got a bike license 8 months ago, bought this bike a day after
rode it for 3 days, wanted to tear it down and make it mine since i had all this "ride with the wind vigor"
Took it to a buddy shop, disassembled it pretty easy.
Buddys mom died, he left the country.
Yesterday was first time seeing the bike since then.

For some weird reason, thought it was an r6
Lost all my video and pics taken during disassembly
Downloaded tons of r1 and r6 manuals but kept noticing something wasnt adding up. lol

Yeah im a bike noob.
But just for your help pointing out it is a 600r not an r6, i will take all the insults or jabs lol

#13 ·
Good luck op.

Before you ride this thing again, please please please have a friend who knows bikes very well come by and just look over your work. He might spot something you missed that could save your life or someone else's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.