Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2012 50th anniversary solo seat problem

4K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  quick kurt 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

After a long wait for the solo seat for my R1 2012 50th anniversary I finally got it from mrcycles.com and some how the color does not match my bike.

The part # I receive is 14B-247F0-T0 and seems like the correct part # is 14B-247F0-10-00.

I contacted Ken at mrcycles.com and he says that this part # can't be order from Yamaha US. I've seen pictures of R1's in the forum with the solo seat and the color looks 100% matched. This one it's not even close.

The bad part is that I don't live in the US. Therefore, ship it back will cost more than the actual solo seat.

At this point I just need to know what happened with these 2 codes and why the error.

Any help it's greatly appreciate it.

#2 ·
little more detail would help out. do you have a EU model r1 and putting a US model part number on it?

post a pic cause i doubt that the euro and the US 50th version are different shades of red.

#4 ·
As you can see on the pictures there is a big difference on the color. To be honest I have no idea if my R1 it's the EU model because I bought it in Panama Central America and I think Yamaha here buys directly from Japan, but not 100% sure.

But again, being LE 50th anniversary the color should be the same.

So, which one will be the RIGHT PART # for this solo seat?

#5 ·
i'd email yamaha accessories directly. looks like the paint mixture was off a little bit. or too many coats. does it have the genuine yamaha stamp on the bottom?

#6 ·
If you see it with day light it's not too much. However, at night the difference it's huge. I just left the solo seat with the front tire guard to match the paint. Hope the people that paints ferrari and Lamborghini can do this job.

I will post pictures later

#11 ·
I got the same part with the same #'s as what you recieved, from the same place too, the part with numbers ending in 10-00 were taken from Yamaha Europe's website and cannot be ordered in the U.S., that is correct. The color match won't be perfect, but your's looks pretty far off. I wonder if the clearcoat has the metallic in it, and your's just doesn't have enough of it . My cowl box says Racing Red on it, when looked up at Yamaha's site they call it Rapid Red. Part # is the same as what I got 14B-247FO-TO. Made in Italy, I'm pretty sure Acerbis makes them for Yamaha . I would call Yamaha where bike was bought for correct part #, should be the same but you never know.

#13 ·
I would think they would be the same, you never know though. Call Yamaha Customer Service in country where bike was bought for some possible answers.

#15 ·
i'm with yah mate... i'm color-blind and I can def. tell its way off...

OP. thats really cool you bought the bike in Panama!! its been a long long
time since i've been there,.!.. last when i was a kid... eres panameño chico!??

hahha. alright, thats all i got... carry on.. :thumbup

#16 ·
Unfortunately, I doubt Yamaha can do something here in Panama because they have a small store and they don't even carry oil or filter.

I guess my best choice at this point it's to paint the seat cowl and look how it turns.

I will post pictures as soon as I get it back

#20 ·
WOW!! yes@!! again.. i'm color blind, i like bright reds.! for that reason obviously.

that is a PERFECT MATCH!..

#21 ·
Much better,what paint brand?

#22 ·
I have no idea what paint brand is it or how the shop got the color. I live in Panama Central America and I performed the job with the Lamborghini a Ferrari car shop. They have their own lab and they mix and get pretty much anything you ask for.

I get the final job today and I will post the final pictures for you guys to check it out.

#23 ·
Same problem with mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.