Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

09-12 R1 Stock Airbox Mod

18K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  Ferry86 
#1 ·
i've searched everywhere and i cant find anything about it... where's the link/thread for it? thanks in advanced!

#37 ·
:lol, :iamwithst

#44 ·
C'mon guys! Get cracking on this! I want to see some amazing results here! I'm dying to awaken the beast that I know is hidden inside my 50th Anniv. WGP Edition. Hurry up and get that thing going! And good luck with the numbers!

#47 ·
what else is there to post, eurobox mod works well; i've tuned for it with AutoTune, noticeable difference... its a ram air thing pretty damn tough to tune for on Dyno as you're not moving, fans they use on dyno are there to cool the bike down, pointed at engine & rad... most tuners account for 2% difference in fueling when tuning but thats about it... with AutoTune each gear gets affected differently as you are traveling at different speeds...

the sexy wsbk plenum is another beast altogether, probably some nice gains from it :yesnod

#49 ·
i'm so very confused, how/what/why are you using tubing? make own ram air? hugh!?

#54 ·
The tubing has small steel bands (or rings) that run through it, making it incredible malleable and shape-able; while being able to retain it's form once shaped. I know it sounds weird, but if you have a track bike (or you frequent the track) it's no more than $20 at Lowe's or Home Despot and you'd be able to figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.