Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Bike Tether Kill Switch

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LooneyR1 
#1 ·
Went to an 1/8 mile drag strip this weekend. They are requiring all bikes to have a tether / kill switch on them.

Does anyone now a good place to get one of these for a bike? I have seen cheap one where you run a screw into your ignition switch and then the tether to yourself. But then you have this screw drilled into your bike.

I am looking for a professional drag racing teher.

By the way I was running my 99 R6 and eating up my friends 01 GSXR 750. He couldn't take off worth ****. Best time I had in the 1/8 was 7.195. Not bad f02 a 600. There was an 02 F4 there also that could not keep up with me. But the Busa's and GSXR 100's kicked my ass.

#3 ·
I have always wondered this myself.

How do you wire it in? I once tried with a tether used for atv motocross but could not get it to work right.

#4 ·
Ok I know that wiring pretty much is just a one wire thing. Basically just cut and splice into the wires off the kill switch. It was really easy.

The mounting also is simple. I mounted it to the faux carbon panel on the left side of the triple clamp (99 model).

I can't remember what wire it was now. I'll take a look when I get home and post back which wire it was.

#6 ·
:p Just run a piece of rope around all your plug wires... and tie it to your a waist.. if you come of.. itll rip them all off... hahaha..

maybe not such a good idea.. hope you dont need a tether anyways.:beer :beer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.