Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

I attended the Queensland "Dave Moss" suspension seminar

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Gearheaded 
#1 ·
Found out just how little I know about suspension and setup. Turns out that I'd set the sage on my RC8 pretty much spot on, which was a surprise. The problem was I got pretty much everything else ass backward.

It took Dave about 6 mins to sort it out and on the ride home the bike was completely different. Drive out of turns was improved, turn in as well; he pretty much changed the bike in 6 mins.

There was a lot to take in but the discussion went for about 3 hours and he spoke about tires - tire construction, the affect of tires and their construction on the bikes handling and then about suspension itself.

Anyway - if Dave puts these on in other locations and you find out about it, go. For what you'll learn it's worth the time to sit and listen. Tonight was free, so if he does this type of thing for free on a regular basis, get in on it.

#14 · (Edited)
Nice one Petrol. Hopefully that'll knock a few secs off your times at morgan Park.

Adam's on here as OzzieR1, by the way.... :) He had a lovely de-stickered, blue 05 R1 with gold highlights...It got nicked about 6 weeks ago...:(

#16 ·
serious!/? geez right at the beginning of riding season... at least he's got good taste on replacement {did i just say that? } :sing:

great LID Adam! :thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.