Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Crash yesterday!

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  gsxcorey 
#1 ·
I was on my way to my brother's yesterday to pick up his Grizzly atv for our Halloween hayride.
As I am about to get on the hwy, an Aprilia Tuono flies by. I watch him lean in to a left hander at about 60. I'm jealous as I love this corner. As he is just leaving my sight, I see the bike stand up a bit. I get closer to the corner and see a guy in an oncoming suv take the corner wide and slowing down. Then the guy in the suv gets back in his lane and waves both hands at me and drives off.
I get to corner to see the bike down and guy picking it up.
2 more cars pass without stopping. WTF?
I pull over and run to the guy who is picking up bike.
He was pretty shaken but ok. Tore the ass out of his jeans but no blood.
I told him I was in a hurry but would be more than happy to load the bike up and give him a ride home.
He was so nervous on the ride to his house.
Turns out he is 19 and his dad is a local county cop.
I stopped at my house on the way for another ratchet strap and to tell my wife I would be late.
The kid told me his dad would be pissed.
When we got to his house, his dad seemed a little happy he was ok but, was a total asshole. The guy gives me a quick thanks and walks away as kid wheels bike in garage.
Btw, on the ride the kid said he was pretty upset about his bike. I told him that I was happy for him. "what?".
I explained that he learned a good lesson and he agreed.
Sorry about the long post. Just felt good to see a happy ending.

See less See more
#7 ·
That's awesome good for you for helping the kid out. As far as noone else stopping, that's whats wrong in this world, 15-20 yrs ago people would stop and help without even thinking, now people dont stop because they are affraid to get sued, I stop no matter what.....

#9 ·
I've stopped both times when i've seen bikes stranded. Once was a 1999 R1 and wouldn't start on the M1 so i pulled over and helped the poor lad push start his bike.

Another was a GSXR squid that came too hot into a corner he didn't know and chucked it over the side,no phone service so i done the right thing and rode to the bottom and phoned for help. According to him,bike was 2 days old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.