Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Anyone run into a KTM 1190 RC8?

7K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  NoxImus 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Anybody in the NE looking for a race-built RC8R? :boobies

http://www.socalmoto.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19328

This top spec race bike has won multiple National Championships as well as Regional Championships. Built and maintained by Southeast Sales in Milwaukee.

Modifications include:
KTM Superbike Kit(rare kit)
Full titanium Akro exhaust
Updated 2011-12 transmission parts
Ohlins TTX rear
Ohlins 25mil front internals
Ohlins steering damper
Power Commander for fueling map and quick shifter.
Current fuel map works with VP MRXO1(for racing) and VP U4.4(for practice/trackday)
Sato rear sets
Full set of sprockets from 34-38 rear and 16 and 17 front.
Light weight Speedcell battery
Bike weighed 389lbs after ASRA National race as it came off the track.
Motor only has about 600 miles since last refresh which included rods.
Rear wheel hp is about 180hp on a conservative dyne.

I could also have the bike tuned for pump gas if you are interested.

$14,500 OBO email for pictures joel@newenglandbuilders.biz

Attachments

#11 ·
First one I saw (not at a dealer) was parked in front of my last apartment. I used to live above a tattoo shop. Sharp-looking.

Next was on track at my last track day. Cool guy who control rides for Motorcycle Xcitement... he guided me around traffic nicely (and quickly). My impression was it wasn't quite as fast as my bike in a straight line but I'm sure it would still be fun as hell. I love the way they look, too.

#18 ·
Oh, and the catch - not a lot of top end. You either ride it fast through the corners and maintain a high average speed or you get into a straight line drag race with an inline 4 and get smoked like a Philly blunt.

#23 ·
Totally bro, I'm talking stock ratios, but I don't have the words to describe the embarrassment of being stomped on by an inline 4 at over 240. I equate it to the same levels of shame as telling your parents you're dating Frank...

#25 · (Edited)
Put it this way I had an R1 and a Gixxer catch me on the move out the back of Kandanga on Gympie Brooloo Rd on the straight. I upshifted 5th and was half way through it when the R1 and the Gixxerstrolled past me. When the bike becomes a dedicated track bike, I'll fu*k around with the gearing. Outshines then in the turns though.

#28 ·
We have a great KTM dealer here that have sold about 4 Rc8's. It is crazy as we are a small town n the frozen North of Alaska and dont have any of the other Euro dealers here. The dealer owner has a '11 RC8R Race (comes with no lights, Akra system, Marchesinis and other goodies for 20k) amazing looking bike!! I have yet to see it in action but he says it corners like a dream. Also as Petrol said gearing wakes them up and he also milled the heads with good results.

#29 ·
We have two KTM "dealers" here, but zero of them like to rep their product. The way they do business as far as minimum stocking, and having to hold all the over head of holding the bikes on the floor. I'm pretty good friends with the Yamaha, and Honda owner here in town. He talks highly of the bikes, not so much their business moto they force down the throat of dealers.:dunno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.