Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

02 R1 build

5K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  JDollaz 
#1 ·
Here is my custom exhaust build. I started with a D&D pipe and cut it in half. Then i took out 7 inches out the the stock header then welded back on the end.
Next i welded the mid pipe end on the can so that it could still be slipped on and off the header with ease.
Then i used the elbow on the mid pipe and welded it on the end cap of the can. From there i put it back on the bike and made the final slash cut.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
where did u get the lights for ur heads lights from... i'm wanting to do that in red

#22 ·
how did u go about the front rotors color? mask and paint or?

#25 ·
Admittedly, wasn't crazy about it at first. But I actually like it alot. Good job, clean, and tasteful. Have fun keeping the shiny stuff shiny:hammer: I'm way too OCD to have polished/chrome anything, I'd spend more time cleaning the bike than riding it.

#37 ·
thing is screaming for some clean OEM stickering. at least OEM gel domes on the tank, a banner on the bellypan and something clean on the tail. maybe an eyebrow too. the muffler could use something too.

dude you have no idea. in MN you kill 100 bugs in the driveway.

while you had the subframe off you should have removed the passenger peg lugs :secret:
and chromed it like everything else

#27 ·
Led's should not get hot. These strips don't get hot. I just bought the 12" strips and actually cut 3" off of them. The cool thing is that i can re use each peice that was cut off. The White LEDs and blue that i have are the same kind. The white ones are inside the headlights. I really like that fact that they are very very small so you actually cannot see them at all.

I have yet to see an LED that heats up.

#33 ·
Here is where i put the simple switches. (just below the seat in the subframe box.) I actually have 2 here as you can see, One is Led running lights the other is blue accent. Then i have one on the other side of the bike which i kept seperate because that one is wired for the Headlight. I will be able to have the headlight on/off for daytime/nighttime use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.