Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#10,692 ·
OK.
It is very important to act in the right order.

1. connect USB cable to the computer.
2. start FT tuning suite.
3. connect cable to the bike.
4. Hit write ecu button.
5. work under the guidance of the screen: turn power on, power off, and so on, what it tells you to do.

Should recognize the ECU if everything is done in the right order.

#10,695 ·
I was able to flash once with the 2.2.2.1, I think they reset my license. I put the flashtune map.
After that I wasn't able to read or write. Read goes up to 24.9% and stops, write doesn't happen it shows error connecting to ECU. Just updated with 2.2.2.3 same thing.
I am gonna see how the bike runs. This is NOT a problem of procedure and steps, its just bugs in the software.

#10,700 ·
wow,wow, ahem... yikes :(

sorry to hear y'all are having such issues, plz keep us posted

#10,705 ·
Copy and pasted all of his values, minus ignition maps, and it works fine. Copy and pasted everything over his last map before this one, no problem either there. Sounds like the overall file might be corrupt somewhere. But building the entire map over his last one works. Hope that helps, in the mean time, I'm stealing his tps vs map.

#10,712 ·
i just learned this trick... instead of copying the whole link to the video, delete the 'S' in HTTPS:// blah blah..

that should work, did for me last time.. ;)

#10,713 · (Edited)
I did see above?....there we go I needed to use the one from the browser not the share link....

#10,714 · (Edited)
yeah i just tried it on a diff video and no working.. let me see...

hmmm now if i refresh the window your video is up and embedded, b4 link showed vid deleted... confused :dunno

ohhh thats why then. i thought that was weird..

#10,715 ·
I think it needs the watch= in it for it to work....anyway back on topic...

#10,716 · (Edited)
correct, i checked Spiderman's recent '15 R1 vid and noticed it was not embedded, his has something about enbedding written in it, odd so i went searching for the original...

voila

watch?v must be included after http://www.youtube.com/ & before = sign, actual vid info is after the = sign

whatever is after the = sign is the actual video coded address

just delete S n' it works, our local forum uses a different method, if you quote my post you'll see what i mean

apparently it works here as well... JUST take what ever is written after the = sign
in your case 'gowJRYMoO5o' and put it between 'youtube' and '/youtube' where both of those are bookmarked with brackets [x] where x is the word youtube or /youtube

learn something new every day!

#10,717 ·
Yes I had the HI message & the tick Tad, but the tick was slower.

I did actually change the speedo correction to reflect my gearing before flashing from 96% (that you had) to sprocket sizes 16/48

Still, I'm going to leave it at 5.3.15 for the moment.

Are you able to build v6.2 on top of your original 5.3.15 12+ EU or......?

#10,718 · (Edited)
I can do that. Can you email me the EXACT file that is working for you?

I think you would get that tucking sound just by enabling the speedo correction.

I will try and get in touch with F-T about that, but we will need to test to see if we can replicate it with the unrestricted image. Before we go through that I will send the image to F-T to see if they can diagnose it first.

#10,721 · (Edited)
After my last attempt to flash v6 image 2 days ago I'm getting Microsoft .NET Framework error alert, when I click 'continue' 2.0.1.4 software fires up but there is no file manager visible (the same with 2.0.1.2)...

Crash details:

Flash_Tune.MainParent.FileDecrypt(String path)
Flash_Tune.MainParent.OpenMapFile(String pathname)
Flash_Tune.MainParent.Mapper_load(Object Sender. EventArgs e)

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix that?

Attachments

#10,726 ·
Yea I think all of us can't read from the ECU, chime in if somebody can. There are license issues and programming errors. Not sure if its a hardware or software issue. Because when you look at the years and versions affected its all over the board, 09-11, 12 R1 US and EU bikes are having problems. In that same pool we have people that can program no problem. So not sure what to think. Of course this is completely separate from choppy idle, at least we think.

#10,727 ·
So I am totally confused why my bike idles totally smooth and yours does not with it set to true...

I will take a video of this tomorrow...

#10,731 ·
I know.....I multi-quoted on purpose....Basically all the images that I posted other than the 09-11 US image that I use in my own bike was basically broken....So I removed them. and only left the 09-11 US image up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.