Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

SoCal!

6K views 54 replies 17 participants last post by  fjorn 
#1 · (Edited)
From LA Area(I'm in Monrovia) to Camp Pendleton area...

honestly I was suprised to see that there wasn't already a SoCal thread on here. but I'm looking for 2 things.

1. Obviously someone to go riding with :)

2. I've been on an R6 before and now have an 09 R1 with some seat time but want to learn more about riding and the proper way to do it. I want to learn how to do well... everything but how to be safe as I can while doing it (with some speed of course, lol)

Well here's hoping I find someone to ride with (guys, girls, age doesn't matter just want to ride with someone cool :) )

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
:hellobye

Check out ocmoto.com they have alot of bike nights and rides. :)
They also have a skillz dayz, which I would like to check out.

~kim

#10 ·
Vrooom!

Hey guys first... Yes I have a WS6 I love my toys:) lol

but I'm orginizing a ride, hitting up GMR tomorrow (Mon, Oct 8th), meet up will be starbucks at foothill and Azusa (in azusa) and I'll be leaving at 1200, probably will get there a little early, I'm Sean and have a blue R1 I hope to see you out there

I also posted this on the OC moto forum :)

#12 ·
Hey Sean,

I probably would have ridden out to meet you, but my bike's down. Cam chain tensioner went out...a month before the warranty expires, lol. Next time.

I love F-bodies, and the WS6 was always my favorite. I have a bone stock black 2000 M6 now, but I had a 30th Anniversary when those came out, and couple modded Z28s over the years too. You have good taste my friend. ;)

#15 ·
I'm down for GMR most sundays, still being active duty I run into duty days from time to time, but i'll be there today, and looks like tomorrow too, but cant do wed.

I also tried to contact rhino25 and david about r1-014 gear:-D want the package and the socks. trying to join the club, i think i did all i needed to which was post my info right? lol NOOOOOOB, there i did it for you guys, lol

and I looove my WS6 but it's got 160k now, starting to get old and is in that spot right now where it's going to cost a bit to fix it, but i still love it and it sounds sexy, cant lie I like your taste guy lol

#18 ·
THERE USE TO BE ONE A WHILE BACK I GUESS THEY MUST OF TAKEN IT DOWN OR SOMETHING . I NOTICED ALOT OF THREADS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE MEET THREAD SECTION

BY THE WAY

A small team of riders are shooting interviews around the globe for a documentary about our obsession with bikes. They are looking to do interviews and get some group rides setup as well in the next few weeks. Will be mostly focused on the Mulholland Drive, ORANGE COUNTY AND ALL OF SOCAL area.

Riders in New York, The Bahamas, The Virgin Islands and New Jersey have already shared their stories, now it's YOUR turn!

-How did you get into bikes?
-Tell about your fallen riders.
-What keeps you riding in spite of the risks?
-What brand do you ride and why?

Need ALL kinds of bikes/trikes. Need WOMEN too! :)

PM me for more info! Thanks.

P.S. This is going down NOW! Step up or miss out! The world wants to hear your stories!

#23 ·
#27 ·
Come on guys i need to get a nice meet/group ride together
pm me contact #s

#28 ·
ALL RIGHT GUYS ITS GOING DOWN
FOR THOSE OF YOU ASKING FOR MEET/GROUP RIDE THERE IS ONE GOING DOWN THIS SAT HERE IS THE INFO
http://www.alpinestars.com/motogpnight/
WE WILL ALSO BE HEADING TO MULHOLLAND DR. SOMETIME NEXT WEEK
SHOOT ME CONTACT #S IF INTERESTED

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.