Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2007 R1 vs 2007 ZX10!!!

33K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  1longR1 
#1 ·
1.How much is factory spec. R.W. hp for the 2007 R1 vs 2007 Kawasaki ZX10. 2.With a full Akrapovic exhaust sys,power commander & pipe which would have the most H.P. 3.Which do yall think is the better quarter mile drag race bike stock & modified like mentioned above??? I'm thinking about buying one of these..If you guys know these answers please share them with me because I can't find any true numbers..thanks!!! I like the new technology & the look of the R1 better!!!

#4 ·
there isnt any bike thats purpose built dragbike(cept for one harley has out). lotsa guys that like to dragrace them. sure thats not what there made for..but there not made for touring, or everyday street riding either..but we all ride them anyway.. there designed to be race bike with street legal stuff on it... not everyone wasnt bike to dragrace thats as heavy as busa or zx14. but everyone does what they want to do with bikes.

KVN, How they run at 1/4 mile track is really up to rider and weight. for heavier guy i would say your better off dragracing zx10. but thats up to you

#3 ·
all close in HP, tho ZX makes more TQ down low. its little better for dragracing, but still tall geared and handful to ride. both bikes tough to race. have to see same day dyno results with both bikes. new R1 is like 159 hp and thats about what zx is. according to magazines, 1/4 mile times within .02 or so to each other(based on 06 anyway). R1 clutches dont like dragracing..but you can remedy that. ive ridden many Zx10 at track, still love my R1 for dragracing.

#5 · (Edited)
Guys all we do down here in is mostly quarter mile DRAG..street & track!!!no road racing. I weigh about 160 Ibs...I'm a average rider,I don't like the ZX-14 or Busa ..too much bike for me. My friends & I have beaten busa's before on 1000's..I guess it depends on riders!!! Most Busa that we do beat is because of the skill ,weight of the rider mostly...But Overall I would say it is ALMOST impossible to beat a Busa on a 1000... but Its has been done, many rimes in my area...for various reasons!!!So, the 07 R1 has about 159 stock R.W. H.P Great!!! Thanks Guys!!!

#9 ·
Guys all we do down here in is mostly quarter mile DRAG..street & track!!!no road racing. I weigh about 160 Ibs...I'm a average rider,I don't like the ZX-14 or Busa ..too much bike for me. My friends & I have beaten busa's before on 1000's..I guess it depends on riders!!! Most Busa that we do beat is because of the skill ,weight of the rider mostly...But Overall I would say it is ALMOST impossible to beat a Busa on a 1000... but Its has been done, many rimes in my area...for various reasons!!!So, the 07 R1 has about 159 stock R.W. H.P Great!!! Thanks Guys!!!

im with ya. get what you want. for your weight either will work. more parts for dragracing out for zx10..but doesnt mean much. its all rider. my 04 R1, with stock motor, stock exhaust(cat removed and race baffles) no powercommander, stock airfilter..pretty much bone stock bike with longer arm on it. its at 60 in wheelbase with airshifter. im light guy, but best pass on it on motor(does have nitrous but dont use it much) is 9.31. now this is first year i will be riding bike with full exhaust, powercommander, airfilter. shooting for 8.90's on motor and 8.50's or so with nitrous.

#10 ·
It just comes down to rider skill IMO. Just cause you have the "faster" bike, don't mean you can get it down the track.:chair: Go with what you like, and think your skills best suit. All the liter bikes are so close in performance, it will come down to the rider anyway.:thumbup

#12 ·
im light guy, but best pass on it on motor(does have nitrous but dont use it much) is 9.31. now this is first year i will be riding bike with full exhaust, powercommander, airfilter. shooting for 8.90's on motor and 8.50's or so with nitrous.
You expect to pull 0.40 off your ET with an exhaust system that has no appreciable back pressure difference, an air fliter, and the ability to tune the FI?

That's optemisitc. :)

#13 ·
You expect to pull 0.40 off your ET with an exhaust system that has no appreciable back pressure difference, an air fliter, and the ability to tune the FI?

That's optemisitc. :)
sorry... its not just getting pipe,pc and air filter. its getting some other work as well. and even with just pipe and pc i would expect at least .2-3. with stock pipes and no PC..bike has weak bottom end. basically bike wont 60ft. most people with full system are gaining like 12-20 hp in 5-7k rpm range.. if i could get just some of that and make bike 60ft, which i think will be at least a tenth and 1/2 or more.. bike will pick of the other tenth and 1/2 on other end.. but like i said..bike is getting few other things done to it as well. So i guess we will see in few weeks as soon as tranny gets back from getting undercut.

#14 ·
whichever one YOU like better. all the bikes these days can make a lot of power with the right mods and right tuner.

#15 ·
basically bike wont 60ft. most people with full system are gaining like 12-20 hp in 5-7k rpm range..
In looking at your dyno chart while your R1 is on the juice you don't seem to have a problem with the 7K dip. :)

I'd give you maybe a tenth on your 60" if you can eliminate the 7K dip and maybe another tenth with the marginal peak power increase. Seems to me like a more moderate shot of NO2 would make your system much more usable and improve your times aswell.

Good luck though and let us how you fair.

#17 ·
In looking at your dyno chart while your R1 is on the juice you don't seem to have a problem with the 7K dip. :)

I'd give you maybe a tenth on your 60" if you can eliminate the 7K dip and maybe another tenth with the marginal peak power increase. Seems to me like a more moderate shot of NO2 would make your system much more usable and improve your times aswell.

Good luck though and let us how you fair.
sure dip doesnt show up on nitrous from 4th gear roll on dyno. but nitrous doesnt come on before 60 ft mark..so its no help there. thats why im hoping pipe and rest of stuff will add the TQ needed to 60ft. sre i could make nitrous come on if i were dumping clutch, but i would need multi stage lockup(which they dont make for R1) and then it would prolly be too viloent..either spin tire and wheelie. More moderate shot of nitrous?? not sure what you mean there... this dyno run was with nitrous controller starting at 30% going to 60% in 2.5 seconds on progressive controller. the nitrous kit i have is currently jetted for 100HP, but i use nitrous controller to keep it down and controllable. using nitrous further down track doesnt help ET..it will only pick up MPH.. biggest gain in ET dept is in short times, 60ft and 330ft. gaining a tenth in 60ft..usually will gain tenth and 1/2 of over ET. again thats why im looking for more power on launch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.