Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

HOW TO: Shorten Two Brothers Black Series Slip Ons?

9K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  WestSide_'10R1 
#1 ·
was looking into making the pipes a little bit smaller so that they blend in with the tail more than they do now. anyone did this and can direct me on a small DIY so i dont mess up the cans? greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
this is the best right up that i have seen. Very well written and lots of good pics.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19309

keep in mind that the more you shorten the exhaust the louder it will become.

Good luck with your project.

awesome!! Thats partially the reason why i want to cut it .. I just want it about 2-3 " shorter to blent with the curves of the 2012 tail i feel like two brothers made their pipes extremely big for no reason!

#8 ·
You'll have your rear taillight smoked..

#15 ·
What rivets have been used? I used rivets to shorten the can on my 02 r1 awhile back and they always vibrated out or broke. I want to do it with my 09 r1 but don't want to run into the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#17 ·
Obviously. There are many different types of metal rivets. Steel. Aluminum. Different grades. I was wondering exactly what people have used. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#23 ·
What's wrong with 2 bros exhausts??? Is it because they don't cost 2700$ just cause they use titanium and save about 3 lbs off if even that? This forum is ALL stereotypes IMO... One says something everyone else follows... Not for nothin I love my 2 bros black series exhaust. Just wish it was a little smaller... For the price paid its worth every penny. Besides me personally. I don't like akro exhausts at all for some reason.

#25 ·
What I don't like about them is their quality. The CF started to deteriorate almost immediately. Their fit is OK at best. They have enough seperate pieces to make it all work, but they don't fall together like other brands. I've got their Y-pipe as well and I had fun trying to get it to fit together well. Even them I had to bend and pry on the system to make it relatively symmetrical :lol That's why I don't care for them as much as other brands.

I agree about the graves link system :sneaky

#28 ·
What I don't like about them is their quality. The CF started to deteriorate almost immediately. Their fit is OK at best. They have enough seperate pieces to make it all work, but they don't fall together like other brands. I've got their Y-pipe as well and I had fun trying to get it to fit together well. Even them I had to bend and pry on the system to make it relatively symmetrical :lol That's why I don't care for them as much as other brands.
This.

I know 2 people personally that have also had there canisters explode on them. Of course, 2Bros replaced it for free, but still I'd shit myself if that happened while I was on it. I have yet to hear of any other brands popping their cans. Then there's that fire issue... :scared:hammer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.