Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Annual Chicago Auto and Bike Show 2013

22K views 456 replies 21 participants last post by  xprincessx 
#1 · (Edited)
Normally a group of us attends both of these shows on the same day.

Chicago Auto Show: Feb 9-18/2013 website:
http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/default.aspx

Motorcycle Show: Feb 8-10/2013 website:
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/chicago

This is pretty much a heads up thread for any new members or old that are not familiar with the shows and would like to attend.
We can set up a group or groups, people dont have to they can go whenever they want, but it is a pretty good time when we all get together:vanish..

UPDATE: We are so far attending the bike show and auto show, Dinner and then Chicago indoor... times and meeting place TBD!
Liz was nice enough to email an event coordinator for the auto show and ask about group rates. Looks like the group rates start at 20 people. So we would need a solid 20 people to FOR SURE be going. Again, if we could get a head count, it would be great. Then we can plan for this and the rest of the day/evening.

*I (greenstreak) will be coming for sure and I will have my brother tag along.
*Chris/liz +?(butterfinger) (muffin..)
*Chris/Colleen +? (Bob..)
*Ric +3
* Jordan said she'd come even if rory isn't, looking like she needs a ride?
*Tad158 +1 dinner
*drozek for the motorcycle and go karting
*clown+?

See less See more
#5 ·
I think the full 5#'s will elude me :lol

As for the shows....at one point we discussed going to the auto show then going to Chicago Indoor Racing for the karts. If anybody still has interest in this, please say so. I'd love for this to work out. If we can get on this early enough then maybe we can actually organize it by the time it comes around :lol

#12 ·
I'm going to go to the bike show either way. I know most guys didn't want to go so I will probably end up going on Sunday or maybe even Friday night.

As far as Chicago Indoor Racing, the pricing is as follows.......
You need to buy a "license" from them in order to race. A monthly license is $10 and a yearly one is $25. The best option for races is 7 for $70. Otherwise you pay something like $25 for each of the first 2 races then $10 each race after that.
Bring your own helmets. They have helmets to use but why if we have our own. Lately a few guys that I go with have brought gloves as well because their hands got calluses after racing
There is also an option to set up a race where the top 3 get a trophy and all. Not sure how much that is but can find out if there will be enough interest. Only problem is that carts are wildly inconsistent so chances are people will bitch and moan.

I'm in for the minivan racing as well. Can't wait to see what I can take out this year. :lol

#37 ·
I will talk with xprincessx about details later as she pretty much set the thread up last time:bow.
THANKS RICK!!!!!

So about that minivan racing.....:sneaky
:lol
That and the smell of burning rubber

Or you fools can buy two groupons and Dont have to pay the license fee. Let me know if you are interested. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah but knowing Ric, Z06, PJ, Chris they will do more than 2 races.. plus the license fee you need to pay regardless that does not go away..

That night everyone will need to bring the GoPros for videos :lol

Who knows, maybe I'll "win" another bike. :crash
no winning bikes

#38 ·
For those that are coming up and are looking for hotels These are the ones that are close to our house :
DoubleTree 1200 North Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL
Courtyard 900 North Wood Dale Road, Wood Dale, Illinois
Holiday Inn 1000 Busse Road, Elk Grove Village, IL
Ramada 1600 Oakton Street, Elk Grove Village, IL
Motel 6 1601 Oakton Street, Elk Grove Village, IL

For those that might come Friday night we might do dinner at our house with drinks. Saturday we will go to the AUTO SHOW - We will see what everyone says about the Bike show and then Dinner at Ram ** message to ZO6 - The 5lb is all yours ** and then we will go to Chicago Indoor . And depending how that goes we might go back to our house to hang out or just meet for breakfast on Sunday.

IM EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 · (Edited)
Shawn, if you're looking to come down but aren't positive about the expenses (we all understand you wanna keep tight with the spending at the moment) we'll work it all out. You need to come down and have some fun with the group.

You need it :fact

#47 ·
Thanks. Will let everyone know as we get closer. :thumbup

#91 ·
Whats that suppose to me ??????

Small tracks isn't a true pollock?
Actually he is :fact

greenstreak i have the groupon handy, I am willing to purchase it for people because I get $10 for ever time I buy something.
Got to check if they will have that for next year b/c I check the last one and it has to be used by 12/31/2012!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.