Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Annual Chicago Auto and Bike Show 2013

22K views 456 replies 21 participants last post by  xprincessx 
#1 · (Edited)
Normally a group of us attends both of these shows on the same day.

Chicago Auto Show: Feb 9-18/2013 website:
http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/default.aspx

Motorcycle Show: Feb 8-10/2013 website:
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/chicago

This is pretty much a heads up thread for any new members or old that are not familiar with the shows and would like to attend.
We can set up a group or groups, people dont have to they can go whenever they want, but it is a pretty good time when we all get together:vanish..

UPDATE: We are so far attending the bike show and auto show, Dinner and then Chicago indoor... times and meeting place TBD!
Liz was nice enough to email an event coordinator for the auto show and ask about group rates. Looks like the group rates start at 20 people. So we would need a solid 20 people to FOR SURE be going. Again, if we could get a head count, it would be great. Then we can plan for this and the rest of the day/evening.

*I (greenstreak) will be coming for sure and I will have my brother tag along.
*Chris/liz +?(butterfinger) (muffin..)
*Chris/Colleen +? (Bob..)
*Ric +3
* Jordan said she'd come even if rory isn't, looking like she needs a ride?
*Tad158 +1 dinner
*drozek for the motorcycle and go karting
*clown+?

See less See more
#151 ·
So what time are people planning on going to the show?

#153 ·
Thats a given....

#155 ·
I would expect her to go hang out with some of her chitown friends after dinner.....same with while I am at the show...

#157 ·
I still need to ask my buddy if I can crash at his house....Still maybe...till I find out.

#158 ·
#168 ·
No, that's seriously who I thought you had coming along. The way I read it was you were coming w/Frankie and Nazi friend (most likely) + another. He's showed upto a few events now...just figured he was tagging along to this one :dunno Unless there's a significant other now :dundun:

#172 ·
Ah yes nazi, good possibility if frankie does come. There is a "other" im just waiting on how significant she will be:sneaky. Either way it will be a good time and im looking forward to starting off the season there:fact

#170 ·
:stpd:

#182 ·
The 9th makes the most sense because most people work on Friday the 8th and wouldn't want to drive to Chicago to spend money on a hotel room. So they can leave on Saturday morning go to the bike show, then dinner at the ram, 5lb burger challenge for the men, then go go karting

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

#186 ·
I'm still very tentative on this. So, just keeping an eye on the details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.