Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Annual Chicago Auto and Bike Show 2013

22K views 456 replies 21 participants last post by  xprincessx 
#1 · (Edited)
Normally a group of us attends both of these shows on the same day.

Chicago Auto Show: Feb 9-18/2013 website:
http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/default.aspx

Motorcycle Show: Feb 8-10/2013 website:
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/chicago

This is pretty much a heads up thread for any new members or old that are not familiar with the shows and would like to attend.
We can set up a group or groups, people dont have to they can go whenever they want, but it is a pretty good time when we all get together:vanish..

UPDATE: We are so far attending the bike show and auto show, Dinner and then Chicago indoor... times and meeting place TBD!
Liz was nice enough to email an event coordinator for the auto show and ask about group rates. Looks like the group rates start at 20 people. So we would need a solid 20 people to FOR SURE be going. Again, if we could get a head count, it would be great. Then we can plan for this and the rest of the day/evening.

*I (greenstreak) will be coming for sure and I will have my brother tag along.
*Chris/liz +?(butterfinger) (muffin..)
*Chris/Colleen +? (Bob..)
*Ric +3
* Jordan said she'd come even if rory isn't, looking like she needs a ride?
*Tad158 +1 dinner
*drozek for the motorcycle and go karting
*clown+?

See less See more
#220 ·
We can do what we did last year ...Meet at my house in the morning and we can all go to the auto show and depending the time we leave the auto show we can either go to dinner and then hit the go-karting place and relax there...

We left last year around 3 from the auto show so if we do that again we will go to dinner around 5ish and then go karting would work fine.

#245 ·
So the bike show is out? i know smalls was wanting to go there, i take it he is going day before then?
What time would morning be Liz?

And Liz, that groupon is only for M-F days, so if we go on the 9th Saturday it is not valid? Or did I read something incorrectly?
I read it the same, non-weekend:fact
You guys wanna tag along for the other festivities? Def worth it's cost of admission to hang out with the group :lol
Thats for sure, and it will give you more to talk about here:crash
I'll be there. Can't wait for it. It's an annual event for my friends and I. Myself from Michigan and friends from Indy, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Canada. We don't tend to remember large amounts of the weekend though.

Anyone staying at the Rosemont Hilton?
It would be cool to see ya all there:fact
Chicks always fit in. Even the bad ones fit in under many circumstances
its good to have bad ones most times:fact

#221 · (Edited)
What time would morning be Liz?

And Liz, that groupon is only for M-F days, so if we go on the 9th Saturday it is not valid? Or did I read something incorrectly?

#228 ·
Last year we meet up at I think at 9 at our house and we left around 9:30ish since they do not open until 10a.m Who ever wants to meet at our house can do that and to get my info - please pm.

I'm speaking with an event coordinator to see what kind of deal (if any kind of deal) can be made for a group on tickets for the auto show. I will keep everyone posted.

#223 ·
I'll be there. Can't wait for it. It's an annual event for my friends and I. Myself from Michigan and friends from Indy, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Canada. We don't tend to remember large amounts of the weekend though.

Anyone staying at the Rosemont Hilton?

#244 ·
:no

There are some that I won't have anything to do with. One of which I'm more than happy to call her a "C" to her face if I ever see her again. :fact

#251 ·
Ok. So Liz was nice enough to email an event coordinator for the auto show and ask about group rates. Looks like the group rates start at 20 people. So we would need a solid 20 people to FOR SURE be going. Again, if we could get a head count, it would be great. Then we can plan for this and the rest of the day/evening.

*I will be coming for sure and I will have my brother tag along.
*Chris/liz +? (muffin..)
*Chris/Colleen +? (Bob..)
*Rick +Frankie/hitler boobs...possible hot girlfriend that needs to cope with his insatiable love for the phantom squad. And motorcycles..
*Rory/Jordan if his schedule allows it. Jordan said she'd come even if rory isn't :lol
*.....?
What's everybody's plan here :dunno We've only got a month now

#252 ·
4 of us will be in Friday night. If we don't go to jail, we'll be at the show when we finally wake up.
Some one here had my phone number. Hit me up whenever.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#253 ·
I am in for the show, dinner +1(g/f), and carts for me (maybe +1 [my buddy who stopped by while we were at BHF this summer] don't know yet on that).

#263 ·
#271 · (Edited)
So do we have a schedule for the shenanigans?....err events?

Also, Rick I will be doing the shows dinner and carting, +1 for dinner only for sure and then unknown as of yet for the +1 or not for the carting.

Do we know how much carting will be?

#272 ·
Last year we met at smalltracks place in the morning. Drove out to the car show first, then cycle then dinner. Seemed to work pretty well but I'm not gonna offer up his house again if he isn't able to host us in the morning :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.