Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Bike Won't Start

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Sabian 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is some kind of repost, but I'm hoping you guys can give me a hand. Hopped on the bike this morning and it didn't wanna start. It's low on fuel, but I'm pretty sure it's got more than enough to start.

Besides that being a possible issue, the bike's electronics come on okay, but when I hit the starter button, I hear the bike making this buzzing sound. Thought it could be a loose connection somewhere on the battery, but it looks like the terminals are all good to go when I take off the seat and look at it.

Needless to say, I was angry at my situation. Life just jumps up and bites you in the crotch sometimes, eh?

Can you guys help me out?

#5 ·
Time to buy a new Battery, it's all downhill pushing from there~! lol

#11 ·
You will need a hill, or better yet someone to push you (and continue to push when clutch is dumped) My g/f had to push start me when my '06's starter crapped out at last trackday of the year, starts easily with some traction and steady pushing.

#13 ·
If replacing battery, get a Ballistic or other brand lithium battery. More cranking amps than stock, at a 1/4 the weight. Battery chargers are real cheap these days,get one at Walmart for $25-30 and charge a few hours or all night. At least you can ride it then,and recharge if needed,until you get a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.