Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Jelizondo_20 build thread

11K views 128 replies 27 participants last post by  jelizondo_20 
#1 ·
So got an 07 R1, I installed K&N air filter but basically everything else is stock. I got 150 dollars on hand and I wanted to find out whats a better bang for my buck out of these choices...
1-A&R Racing Baffles
2-Alpinestar Heated gloves *I live in San Diego, so I might buy winter gloves instead*
3-some type of ECU reflash *not too familiar with this*
4-520 chain and sprocket kit

Help me please...

#9 ·
Your going to get the biggest "seat of the pants" difference from the c&s combo. Less weight, getting into the meat of the motor quicker, looks (the Renthal + D.I.D. look:boobies), and I figure do it once, do it right.

#18 ·
Not trying take over your thread here but I'm in the same boat. I have on 07 that I bought brand new (in 07 shortly after they were released) and ended up having to put it in storage a little less than a year after I bought it. The bike ended up sitting in storage up until march of this year. Although she's getting up there in years, she's still a baby as far as mileage (about 1200) and except for a fender eliminator, it's bone stock.

So after 4 years and 8 months of sitting, I put her in the shop yesterday in hopes of getting it back up and running. I'm also looking at mods and a flash is definitely something I've been considering. Some of you may be familiar with the "Yamalag" glitch that some, if not all of the 07 had. My bike fell into that category and I was never able to get it fixed. I'd assume that the original owner of your R1 would've gotten the first ECU swapped out if he had that problem so it may not affect you. What I want to know is does anyone know if a flash would fix the "yamalag" glitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#28 ·
And before spending any cash, in my opinion go for:

1-Brisk spark plugs.
2-LighTech airfilter.
3-Graves velocity stacks.
these parts from oppracing.com

Corse Dynamics rear sprocket it will make your bike look like a pro bike, and they say its the lightest sprocket in the market. from motomummy.com

Have fun

#33 ·
I'd do the reflash first and foremost before anything else. Reason being is your bike as well as mine comes restricted stock. Your going to end up reflashing it down the road anyway if you don't do it now. Why mod your bike without having it unlocked first of all. Then once you get used to how it runs after the reflash I'd go with the c/s combo. A 520 kit would be great. Just make sure you maintain the chain well with proper cleaning and lubing. Hit up Corey with Motomummy. He's been posting on here as well.

#35 ·
+1 on this! I did my 520 -1f/+2r c&s combo, gutted my stock mid pipe and my flash tune all at the same time and first time I took off from a 50 roll in first I almost wheelied so hard it could have back flipped. Wasn't what I was expecting. There is more to the reflash than most people realize with these yama's the electronic throttle and engine breaking feature is by far my favorite. Not having the bike nose dive under decel, bein able to control smoother downshifting and rev matching and being able to really power through the corners faster, more consistent and smoother. I have probably reflashed my ecu over 150 times since August tweaking and modding stuff across the board

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#36 ·
Not to side track you. But, your bike is an '07. Have you done any of the following:

1) Change out suspension fluid and have your suspension dialed in for your riding style and weight?

2) Bleed your brake fluid to change out the old stuff?

If not, you would be better served to do them. The second you can do on your own. The first might require you to take it to a shop if you don't know someone whom can do it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.