Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

07-08 r1 YEC ECU?

306K views 2K replies 109 participants last post by  Matthew Shipp 
#1 ·
I was reading a thread, this guy [yamaha-racing] was talking about converting a stock ecu into a yec version for street use. Does anyone know how I can contact him? Thanks

#6 ·
I finaly got the best mod ever for my 07 R1. I've wasted plenty of cash trying to get some real performance out of my bike and now I have it! Did the BMC air filter, Aka titanium exhaust, g-pack over 3 and Power commander (25 hours on dyno) ended up with a map that won National Championships (not me!) and still could'nt extract real potential. Heard about Bazzaz and got the full kit installed, after time on the dyno went for a rip. WOW what a transformation! throttle/rear wheel felt so connected (we all know about crap fbw) but none of that mattered now cos in the meantime I got in touch with M.C-Racing on ebay, recieved one street YEC ecu, com. lead and software. After instilation "MAN YOU WANT TO SEE THIS BIKE GO" I recieved loads of tech support re: programming and "IT WORKS" If anyone wants more info please contact M.C-Racing on ebay and save yourself mega bucks on a real performance upgrade. After the Bazzaz I thought I'd only get more power by tuning the engine (not an option). With the ECU I get more power lower down than the Bazzaz can go. Mid range is unbelivable havn't checked top end or run on dyno yet but going by the power down low and mid/high mid power, I have no doubt its all good. I can play with the ecu programming when I get a better understanding of the software (manual included) while my laptop is plugged into the YEC ECU street version. Now thats the best modification ever! Thanks M.C-Racing for your time and patience.

#10 ·
Have been ripping around the place, power is awsome all over the rev range! have been learning how to play with the programming. I tell you, this is some piece of kit. The racing guys have been keeping very silent on this one. Hoping to get some time on the dyno this weekend. My tuner is out the door workwise so i'm hoping he can fit me in. When I get the dyno sheet I'll post it. We got 171 bhp with Bazzaz, Aka pipe and BMC air filter, so I'm very curious myself!! stay posted.

#16 ·
Hi guys. I'm really sory for the delay in getting back to you all. I got swept away with things. I've posted the dyno chart everywhere and forgot to post it here. So here it is:

Just a reminder, my 07 mods are:

YEC "street version" ecu (M.C-Racing on eBay)
BMC airfilter
Bazzaz AFM
Bazzaz Fi (inc. map switch)
Bazzaz traction control
Bazzaz quickshifter
Full Aka Evo Race exhaust
Quick action throttle

This YEC ecu has removed "all" restrictions and is smoother than the stock bike ever was. Power delivery is mind blowing too!
Once again, sorry for the delay!

#17 ·
Before I forget, the "street version" YEC ecu is way better than the Jettflash ecu because I can reprogram the ecu, it's the same as Yamaha's own YEC ecu, just better cos it retains all the street biz (lights, flashers AND speedo!! Here are a few snapshots of my YEC maps!!

PLEASE DO NOT REPLICATE ANY OF THESE SETTINGS AS THEY MAY DAMMAGE YOUR ENGINE!!!

#18 ·
So if I get the yec street ecu will I no longer need the gpack.

#19 · (Edited)
Nope!
However, if you already have the G-Pack, you'll know about that sudden rush of power and the speedo "not showing current speed" until you back-off the throttle. Now, you can program the "street version" YEC ecu to do the same AND keep your current speed showing on the clock!!

But to be honest, I dont think you will want to replicate the G-Pack characteristics on the ecu.
Let's face it, I got a G-Pack in the begining and loved the sudden power burst. So when I got the YEC ecu and plugged it in, I went for my first "rip" I spun the throttle and F**k ME...
the speed of acceleration matches your twist on the grip and you just watch the clock display in dismay (seeing the speed of the numbers just pis***g up!)
The power in the ecu from tick-over is "savage" but smooth in delivery, unlike the G-Pack.. nothing until 3000k then WOOSH and no speedo.

#21 ·
Thanks guys!! I'm saving up the money now to make this my next mod. Can't wait!!!

#24 ·
So as I read this, I can remove any and all air fuel devices and all be controlled through the ECU? So I do not need Bazaaz, PCIII. . . .nothing? I can free my TINY storage compartment of everything and this will replace the stock ECU in its original area?

AND I use my speed shifter sensor and retain that too?

OH, AND I can control how much engine braking I get from the power valve?

#26 ·
Yes, you can remove everything!!

The power valve (EXUP) in the exhaust, the EXUP servo motor and side stand switch can also be removed. You will not get any error codes either.
:lol True story: I totally spaced EXUP. I could not think of it to save my life. Stressful day at work. I am so embarrassed. Its clearly not a power valve. :dundun:

So then, what exactly is 5 and 6 above controling for torque suppression and engine braking? EVT?

#28 ·
Your saying you dont need a fuel controller like bazzaz or pcv? You can control all your fuel right through the yec ecu? I thought I read on another thread that you still use a fuel controller with the yec ecu

#30 ·
YEC ecu

You are correct. You can fuel the "street version" YEC ecu directly (you get a duel map set-up = 2 fuel maps) or just run the base fuel maps and/or you can add a different fuel controler.

Another thing not mentioned before, you can also switch between "super stock" and "super bike" settings!! The ecu comes in "super stock" mode.

#33 · (Edited)
I am aware that we must stick to the same dyno for all mods but when I got my first dyno run, I didn't know that I had one on my doorstep. So here is the first chart using a Dynojet dyno (all others done on a Dynopro) In this one the bike is totaly stock except for the Power Commander:

In the next chart I switched dynos. I had fitted a full Aka Evo exhaust, BMC airfilter and remapped Power Commander (in blue)
The chart shows that I swapped the Power Commander for a Bazzaz fueling system and retaining the Aka and BMC (in red)

The next chart is all the above mods, but I have just swapped out the stock ecu for the
"street version" YEC ecu.

Just going by the last 2 charts you can see where power has changed (for the better)
There is a lot that the charts don't show but the power is really strong from bottom up.
Please don't get all hung up on the numbers cos it's all in the curves on the charts!

#45 ·
None in particular, thats my last name, just curious how common it was.

No word yet. If everything goes as planned he should receive mine tomorrow, then ship me the YEC. Hopefully by the end of the week

#57 ·
Got the ECU programmed and ready to go.. Still have the bike apart from all the other work I am doing on it. Should be road worthy in a day or so.

Waiting on parts blows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.