Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Yamaha Wheel Decal?? Your opinions?

30K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  WestSide_'10R1 
#1 ·
Thinking about adding a little spice to the wheels. I know I am not buying any chrome but hey...maybe a little sticker or two. What are your opinions of the wheel sticker?

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep found this guy who had so nice wheel strip decals. I might order both and see what they look like together and remove if I don't like it. I mean its like a total of $15 bucks to get the big decal and the strips.

**First off I do not condone the removal of those dual exhaust. I would of kept them personally...but hey its his bike and he cut off weight**

#5 ·
I did it. First time i ****ed it up and turned out like shit, second time it doesnt look quite right, but it will do....

#6 ·
Care to share your guy? Looking for some rim stripes

#10 ·
#18 ·
I am the decal king ( at least my buddies laugh a lot and call me decal boy ) I love a lot of those rim strips. The big Yam on the wheel tough just doesn't seem like a wheel sticker. I'm sure it will also be an obvious flicker as you ride by. Last rim strips cover those pretty words like Marchesini, Carrozzeria and OZ when they occur. I guess you can cut out that portion. I put a very small version of my own on my stocks. Perhaps a small version with the fork as well ?

Attachments

#19 ·
Sick Bike!
Who made your carbon fiber pieces and how did they fit.. I'm going to be doing many of the same pieces soon... To match my BST's once they get here

#20 ·
+1 thanks

#24 ·
I agree. Didn't mean to offend. Like someone said "try it out". Best part about stickers is how easy they go on AND come off. I designed my own graphics if you can call it a design. I just love the retro Yam stripe. Most of my CF is Tekarbon. They have gotten a little bad press here but on a whole somewhere in the middle. I find that even a little unjustified. Everything, Rear hugger/guard, tank cover, intake trim were excellent fit and finish. And their prices are great as well. The tank side panels I got years ago, CarbonWorks, but I have not been happy with their latest stuff. The heal guards and exhaust guard are Graves. A simple adjustment had them work with my rearsets and exhaust which they were not made for.

#23 ·
I have the big letters on my wheels, with the tuning forks. I suggest you cut the letters apart and put them on individually. They are made to go on a flat surface, not in the curve of the wheel. Looks much better when you separate. I just put some red decals on my gold wheels. RED ON GOLD, SICK!!!!!!!

#26 ·
Thanks man! i love it too! debating whether or not how the front rims would look with the letters a tad smaller of course cause of the smaller(width) rim. i already have the stickers just dunno. but like the person said above, stickers can come off! prob do them tonight when i get home from work.

#33 ·
haha i hear u on that but thats alittle OCD at the same time! haha. and dont use the wheelie word cause people on here get so torn cause someone races in the streets, yea its dangerous, yea its dumb, but seriously. everyone is in the same ship here, u own a R1, act like u dont nail the throttle and ride ur bike likes its supposed to be rode at times!

we all have rocketships and we love them!

#37 ·
i like it bro. i did the rim stripe but still like the way that looks. i might go for it as well.
so fv(k it.
if you like it do it.
just make sure you clean the wheel very good before installing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.