Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Squadron chat thread 3.0

1M views 21K replies 126 participants last post by  DanQ 
#1 ·
The old one was starting to cause duplicates and was getting slow. :(

Keep the ball rollin' :flex:

#4,364 ·
Yeah, I think that comes largely from the days of bias ply tires (my Vmax has them). Even at pressure they don't return to smooth, round profile for a while. So after it sits for a while it can be an interesting ride :lol

With the radial tires, none of my other bikes have ever shown any significant signs of flat spotting, and some of them have sat for months on end. This year I hope to replace tires on everything at least once. If it's not raining and above 45, I'm planning to be on two wheels.

I don't know that I'd use PB Blaster on an O ring chain. But if it's working, good on you. I use almost exclusively WD 40 on all my chain driven bikes, and my chains have lasted longer than some people keep their bikes.

I think almost any regular cleaning and lubricant makes more of a difference than using some $80 lube once every oil change. :dunno
I've been using wd40 to clean my chain for two years now. I clean the chain with wd40, wipe it with a rag, and spray chain wax on it to lube it. I got 25k miles on my chain before I replaced it, I kept the regular sprockets though. 0 issues

#4,365 ·
So I was going to clean my rotor and went to grab the parts cleaner that I have that's safe on wheels and grabbed the fvckin brake cleaner instead and ruined my wheels, it's not bad after I wet sanded them down a little but to me I notice and hate it, that's what I get for buying the oriellys brand for both look exactly alike :( oh well it rides great that's all that matters to me right now

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#4,367 ·
#4,369 ·
If i can make it to ga want to sit together johnny

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App
Sounds cool man but it just is not in the finances this year for me to make that race. Sucks big time but in the summer we will make it back doing 2 nationals.

#4,377 ·
Got knee deep in my bike for the first time today. After changing the plugs, it's a totally different bike. I've only had it for 2 weeks but I didn't realize how old the old plugs were. Previous owner must've sucked at life. Anyways, had a problem putting my Scott's damper back on. Anybody have one that can help me out? The nut that holds the bracket over the fuel tank tab won't go back in all the way. I had to ghetto rig it for now and it works, just can't understand why it's acting like that. Oh and I melt my mid fairing to the headers cause like an idiot I was testing the bike the fairings off but under the bike and it must've barely been touching. Only had the bike running for 2 mins but that plastic must melt quick. Hope I'm not the only idiot that's done this.

#4,378 ·
Talkin bout cleaning the chain and which is best is like talking about religion and which is best, everyone has there own favorite and swears by it. I personally use pb blaster to clean my chain followed by some chain lube all though I can't think of the brand at the moment
I'd stay away from PB Blaster to clean your chain. It's some harsh stuff to put on your O-Rings. Stick with kerosene or WD40.

Got my scorpions on tonight got to finish other upgrades tomorrow along with a much needed bath View attachment 479653 View attachment 479654
I had a Scorpion high mount on my '03 R1. Very good quality and well made in the UK. It had a sweet mellow {not ear bleeding loud} tone to it.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.