Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

South Africa - Chat and Squadron Planning thread

52K views 695 replies 32 participants last post by  Inflect 
#1 · (Edited)
The Official 'South Africa - Chat and Squadron Planning' Thread

Hi,

Well our numbers are slowly increasing and twist.grip (Andre) suggested that we move it to one place.

As for creating an Official Squadron (name still to be decided) what is the procedures to do so ? I guess a mod can point us to admin or create a thread for us.

For now all postwhoring, trip planning and any miscellaneous topics will be discussed here. Obviously all members are welcome with any questions and suggestions.

:hellobye

Pierre

#2 · (Edited)
Members from South Africa:
dieyoung69 - Pierre - Over Active - Centurion,PTA
twist.grip - Andre - Active - Benoni,JHB
Azgoth - Active - CT
Beast GP
Bliksem
colemine77
Devastation
Drouge Donkey - Active - JHB
GaiasGuardian - Active - CT
hendrik
Interceptor
Jethro_Ged
johan de bruin
just_juice
ParkieVoes
Scrat2004
Track-Dazed - Active - JHB
Ultrax
zaheer - Active - Pietermaritzburg
FrancoisJoubert
R1juice
Whitewolf
800ger

If you want your name added, or any details, or what eva! PM me!

#3 ·
Awesome !

Thanks Andre, I am still not sure exactly when I'll be there. It will be during the course of late July, then I need to sort a few things out. I think August will be a pretty safe bet for now.

Yeah the big old wall map is the best way plan a trip. If August is not good we can do a short trip elsewhere and save Lesotho for later. Damn it will be good either way :rock

I wanna book a weekend in Nylstroom later on, it's about an hour and half ride /drive but a pretty boring road. Nice bushveld resort where we can booze BBQ and swim, we can make it a 2 day trip. It's pretty warm there during the cooler months.

#5 ·
:lol

Yeah we will do the boring stuff too, I like slow going as much as fast going.
As long as there is beer and braai at the end of it, I'm happy.

We must visit old age homes and do church bazaars too :crash

Yep Nylstroom is close, and a small town. Quick weekend escape with very little planning :yesnod

any ideas for Squadron names ? I have no idea :dunno

#11 ·
#10 ·
Hi,

Well our numbers are slowly increasing and twist.grip (Andre) suggested that we move it to one place.

As for creating an Official Squadron (name still to be decided) what is the procedures to do so ? I guess a mod can point us to admin or create a thread for us.

For now all postwhoring, trip planning and any miscellaneous topics will be discussed here. Obviously all members are welcome with any questions and suggestions.

Pierre
PM DanQ, he handles the squadron stuff.

#25 · (Edited)
This Guy is my hero, i think i saw this sign somewhere before, somewhere between PTA and JHB :lol

:no

Wasn't me :crash

Welkom GaiasGuardian & Drouge Donkey :hellobye

Hey Bafanna not to bad!!! 1-1 vs mexico!

Yours Sincere
Andre

#44 ·
oops, thought this thread was about the world cup:dunno

#46 ·
:lol Yes it is about anything SA related, I may have missed a WC advert for McDonalds though, I know they are sponsoring. Not there for the world cup.

Sounds like a plan. Don't forget! :vanish
DAN !!!!!!!!! :hellobye

Thanks mate, we'll first have to :moto: a bit to get a squadron name etc, then I'll ping some low laying members to come out.

Thanks for subscribing :thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.