Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Melbourne Australia - home of the R1

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Petrol_Spice 
#1 ·
I must have seen 30 of them in the CBD today. That might seem like many, but I think I've seen 12 in the last two months back in Brisbane.

They''re a swarm in Melbourne. :lol

#3 ·
yah dude.. thats a buttload of R1s... never see that out here...

though i am starting to see a few more crossplanes... always good to see the family!

#5 ·
At the airport TC. All went well by the sound of it. Got to wait to hear but I have a good feeling.
I'm still stunned at the amount of R1's both mobile and stationary I saw today. There's obviously a big/good Yamaha dealer in Melbourne.

#6 ·
There's obviously a big/good Yamaha dealer in Melbourne.
That or Suzuki owns 90% of the cargo ships headed to the US. Can't swing a dead squid around here without hitting a stack of them. Although I must admit that Californians have slightly better taste than some places in the States I've been stationed. Most R1s I've seen along with Ducs, Apes and the odd MV.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#7 ·
There are about 5 or 6 Yamaha dealers around IIRC.
Yamaha city is in Elizabeth street, along with Melb Ducati, Cosway Kawasaki, Peter Stevens, and a heap of others.
Elizabeth street is the bike Mecca of Melbourne.
Safe trip back to Pimptopia, and I hope to catch up with you next time you're down here. :thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.