Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#7,981 ·
Care to elaborate?

#7,988 ·
Has anyone tried running the new harness mounted on the bike with a flash tune quick shifter? I purchased the harness and find out in the instructions that both the harness and QS both use the same pin on the plug. I already have the quick shifter and I'm not giving that up. I emailed FT but no response yet and i was hoping to get it mounted this weekend.

#7,989 ·
Really? There must be something a miss....Or he is using a different pin for QS....

#7,992 ·
:iamwithst

#8,003 ·
Read the full filename....

#8,004 ·
Well. I have some news after my testday yesterday. Did managed to write it up before now, because there was suddenly live music in the city and then :dundun:

First I flashed my ECU with the pump91 EU map. And my immo was disconnected. The bike just turned over, and could not start.
I then connected my immo again, and it started perfect. I tried to enter the DIAG, and there was no problem there.

So I think the immo is reinstated, and working again.

Took it for a drive, but I was very pleased with the map, so back to the computer.
Copied all the settings from TAD's image over to the pump91 EU image, and saved it, flashed the bike, and then it runs like before. With the immo working.

Wonderfull. :)
Then used some time to connect my Bazzaz QS directly to the ECU, and flashed again, and everything is working perfect.
My meaning is, that the QS function on the ECU with FT is much more soft and better than the QS directly from the Bazzaz.

There is still no option to disconnect your O2 sensor, but I didn't get an error, but wasn't driving it long above 7000 RPM, where the error normally comes on.

#8,005 · (Edited)
trying to connect - no response

Hi did my research and couldnt find how to correct this problem

i purchased the interface and the harness for the laptop with the wall plug for 99 dollars extra.

well when using it powered from the wall outlet
i get the trying to connect - error no response

then i went i hooked up to to the bike
i got the same error response. with key on and key off

can someone tell me what i am doing wrong

i researched this and saw a post but didnt describe the solution.
i am from the united states

when attempting to download drivers

we will now download the driver install utility, Please run it as administrator,

When prompted to RUN

extract FTDI 2.08.28

“get last error"
Solution TO THE DOWNLOAD DRIVERS: I DISABLED NORTON ANTI VIRUS THEN RETRIED DOWNLOADING AND IT WORKED

TOMORROW I WILL TRY FLASHING I THINK IT SHOULD WORK
“the requested operation requires elevation”

“Windows detected that this program didn’t run correctly”

Tried with new device driver, spoke to chris and helped trouble shoot, looks like
usb cable is bad, after putting a vmeter to those usb pins in test mode. basically -H s/b 5v no H s/b 0volts
i had two pins read 5 volts for both H and no H.

will follow up tomorrow

#8,007 ·
Hi did my research and couldnt find how to correct this problem

i purchased the interface and the harness for the laptop with the wall plug for 99 dollars extra.

well when using it powered from the wall outlet
i get the trying to connect - error no response

then i went i hooked up to to the bike
i got the same error response. with key on and key off

can someone tell me what i am doing wrong

i researched this and saw a post but didnt describe the solution.
i am from the united states
I'm still trying to sort the problem...I think it's a software problem (either a FT software prob or a laptop security problem) but FT think it's an interface cable fault so they're sending me out another cable..

..mine wouldn't connect (no response) but all of a sudden it connects now but won't finalise the flash..

#8,015 ·
Hey guys,

I am new to modding and i just bought the flash tune datalink ecu interface kit for my 2011 and in the instructions it says i need to splice the wire in pin 26. Is that required? I would rather not have to splice any original wires if possible.

Thanks for the help.

#8,017 ·
Hey guys, this may seem weird but I figured posting here is my best chance at finding help. I own a Yamaha Super Tenere and I volunteered my ECU to Chris at Flash Tune a few months back so he could develop a flash for the bike and create the tuning interface for it also.

Well, I have the tuning interface and have been playing with it for a few weeks now. Of course, I am the ONLY person with a Flash Tune interface for a Tenere on Earth so I have no "support group" to turn to. I've been trying to get a hold of someone at Flash Tune for close to 2 weeks to answer a few questions but can't get in touch with anyone.

Anyone able to get a hold of Chris these past few weeks?

ac

#8,019 ·
Chris has been out on a road trip for a week and then this last week doing trackside support for a race team, he should be back in the office this week.

I desperately need to speak with him and get some answers to Daryl and tajdk and ejlovers issues, why he has sent me a new set of cables for the 14B (daryl yours has been dispatched directly) and how to fek get the QS working with the new harness when they share pin 27.

Hopefully we will get some answers tonight.
Cheers Mike, I know you've been going the extra mike for all of us with these problems...more than you could have.
You're a true gent...just waiting for my new cable to turn up, just hope I don't have to pay another ÂŁ70 to get it through customs again!!

Darryl

#8,022 ·
hey guys sorry but I don't know what to do here my first bike... An 08 r1 with cat-delete, two brother slip-on, power commander 5, plus an ecu from flash tune but for some odd shit my bike only put out 134.97 hp at the rear wheel, please help what am I doing wrong here and please be serious..

#8,025 · (Edited)
I don't know, I like FT interface and flexibility, but their support really bites! I understand if they are busy, but if they are busy and selling these interfaces, they need to grow and support them. Waiting 2-3 weeks for an answer is ridiculous. I know, I still don't have an answer from them. If it wasn't for Tad, Toys, Oil and the rest of the knowledgeable folks here, I would have trashed this and tried PC. They should be paying the above mentioned folks because if they weren't here, I'm sure there would be a lot of FT interfaces in the trash.

#8,034 ·
Please Read the FAQ....The 91+ files do not have nay fuel changes, only ignition. They also do not have optimum throttle curves, and there are also some timing tweaks to get smooth engine breaking that are not in the 91+ files.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.