Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#9,994 ·
Hey @Tad158 just to let you know I'm running 5.3.15 on my EU 09 R1 with no cold start or warm idling issues.

I reckon your engine braking is spot on!

Running a r77 3/4 system...the idle still smells lean to me compared to the stock tune.

Just trying to figure out how to richen up the 0-1500rpm fueling as I just got the interface today.

Also a big thankyou to you and everyone else's contributions to this thread!

#9,996 ·
So, can someone with a US 09-11 R1 test this out?

I was able to get the anti-stall down to 1500 and 8mph on the stand...

This image has no fueling or throttle changes from 5.3.15, but a ignition tweaks to try to get the anti-stall feature to idle at a slower speed. Let me know how this effects the low speed smoothness, and general overall smoothness.

I don't have time to put my bike back together and test it on the road.

Attachments

#10,006 ·
So, can someone with a US 09-11 R1 test this out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5jg-9_If2E
I was able to get the anti-stall down to 1500 and 8mph on the stand...

This image has no fueling or throttle changes from 5.3.15, but a ignition tweaks to try to get the anti-stall feature to idle at a slower speed. Let me know how this effects the low speed smoothness, and general overall smoothness.

I don't have time to put my bike back together and test it on the road.
Tried out your new map today. It is way better!
Down low doesn't pull or surge anymore. I had a really bad cold start, but idle was around 1100-1200 cold and warm. Bike never died from small revs.

Best map I haves used so far!

from my toaster

#9,997 ·
Hey tad I'll try test it out when I finish work tonight.

Revs will always pick up when in gear and clutch out tho. More so when it's on a paddock stand because there's no rolling resistance on the rear wheel.

In gear with the clutch out in 1st does feel that the bike drags a little when I was testing yesterday.

#9,998 ·
Hey tad I'll try test it out when I finish work tonight.

Revs will always pick up when in gear and clutch out tho. More so when it's on a paddock stand because there's no rolling resistance on the rear wheel.

In gear with the clutch out in 1st does feel that the bike drags a little when I was testing yesterday.

Edit :

Just realized u wanted to test for a US bike.

And thanks heaps toysareforboys!!

#9,999 ·
Why would the revs pick up just because it is in gear? My carbureted bike does not do that....:confused:...pretty sure a stock R1 doesn't do that either...

#10,001 ·
That clip is way better than it is in 5.3.15....it jumps up to 2k...and tows the bike along...

#10,016 · (Edited)
That's odd....in my video the idle is rock solid

I am away from my computer and bike so testing will have to wait a few days.

Does anyone else have this issue with the v6 image?

#10,017 ·
I will let you know.
I am headed to NV for a track day so I just loaded the tune and started the bike. It did it a little bit when I pulled the bike into the trailer.

Cold idle was great though. Didnt check the RPM but I heard the bike idle down after it warmed up. Started easily.

#10,025 · (Edited)
Hey tad I've been running your 12+ EU 5.3.15 without experiencing any of the pulling along at 0 throttle some people have been experiencing, my bike de accelerates with no problems, I mostly ride around in B mode and really haven't tried it in A Mode, one thing I do notice is I get some surging when I have the throttle held slightly open in second gear in between 5-6k rpm while I'm cruising, but other then that it warm up idles fine and when up to temp it idles fine, it has only ever stalled on me once and once I had a choppy idle, and I think that was due to me just starting the bike and taking off right away without letting the idle settle before it took off, I stopped bike, re- started it, let idle settle then rode off and everything was fine, I always now make sure to let idle settle before I start riding and haven't had a problem since, thus pulling along people are experiencing is it only in A a mode? I let a friend with an 09 with two Bros slip ons ride mine and hd was like OMG, I flashed his just with your throttle maps and put a PC map on as well and he was happy, but now he has already ordered a y pipe for his bike so he can run 5.3.15, hasn't stopped talking about how much better your map is

#10,034 ·
My speedo function is definitely not working. I've used the TAD 5.3.15 and TAD v6. It does not adjust it with the percentage or sprocket entry function. Anyone else having this issue?

#10,040 ·
I just tried it in my v6 image and it worked fine....So, not sure.
I'm using 3.5.15 and everything is fine here, speedo difference is 1kph with gps (correction is 88 or 90% for currently used -1t/0 afair)..
My stock gearing comes out bang on at 94%....

Have you tried re-downloading the images?

Post up yours & I'll see if it plays up this end.
:iamwithst

#10,036 ·
I'm using 3.5.15 and everything is fine here, speedo difference is 1kph with gps (correction is 88 or 90% for currently used -1t/0 afair)..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.