Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Custom Phone Mount for the R1

7K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  daviboy 
#1 ·
Hey guys, thought I would share a quick little project I did at the office today. I made a simple but very secure smart phone mount.
Hope you likey!!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Very cool. What's the cell phone holder from Minoura?

#20 ·
if you can do more of thee ive been looking for a mount

#21 ·
Check out ram mounts

Sent from L.A.

#24 ·
This is the one I use, import and sell.

Ultimate addons in the UK
Solid waterproof tough case with 1" ball stem mount and adaptor plate.

Currently available for iPhone 3 and 4/4s and samsung galaxy S2.

Best case available I think.

Sent from the Beast

Attachments

#28 ·
Where can u get that in the states

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

#29 ·
I hope I'm not opening myself up here for asking a douche question. :bash

With that said, what are you guys typically using the phones for on the bike itself? I've seen these threads in the past, but have never paid attention to them. I'd assume GPS/route mapping, but that's just a guess. Are there any significant benefits to mounting a phone to the bike? Thanks! :thumbup

#30 ·
I use it for mainly GPS. But since I have my Scala rider headset paired with my phone, when somebody calls, I can see who's calling by glancing Down at the phone for a second.

Also, when the phone is in your pocket and it buckets down, chance of it getting wet and damaged.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

#37 ·
If i but the sall mount, wat would i hafta buy to complete it?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

#39 ·
daviboy, if i buy the ball link off of your link, what other pieces do i hafta get to make it complete?

#40 ·
Sorry I just saw this post.

It's a 3 piece kit, ball with bolt that fastens to inside of the centre stem, case and adaptor plate to mount onto case and secure to ball.

And I charge mine via running a female cigarete lighter charger, and got a USB charger with iPhone sync cable running up to the case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.