Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

All my riding buddies dont ride anymore

6K views 101 replies 37 participants last post by  drjak 
#1 ·
Last one today sold his sport bike and won't be riding the street or track for a good while. Kinda sucks because he always went to Jennings with me every year . I enjoyed that because we don't get to hang out much . The others just stopped riding entirely and don't know if they ever will again. I guess I need to look for new riding buddies this spring.

#5 ·
How old are you? I'm 31 and have started to notice the same thing. I think it comes down to time. When I was younger all my friends would catch up together at least every Saturday night and often other times. Now people have all split off with their new partners into smaller groups and its almost impossible to get them by themselves, let alone out on their bikes.

Sucks man. All I can suggest is look for a local motor bike group. We're lucky to have a big one in Sydney (sport bikes) that rides every Thursday night, from there you can meet new ppl and hit it on the weekend, etc.

Not the same, but better than riding by yourself.

#8 ·
I blame women. All your buddies have turned their nuts over to their wives/gf's. It's really better this way, that way they don't have to constantly give you lame crap excuses like "I gotta cut this grass this weekend", "i gotta paint", "I gotta wash the minivan". I had a buddy who would tell us he had to travel for work on Monday so Saturday he "had to pack". Sad to watch.

#11 ·
Yeah it sucks . kinda got used to it over the last year. Ive been riding by myself pretty much during that time . I enjoy it sometimes but its always fun to have a couple buddies to act a fool with. Ride with a member here sometimes but he is busy also. Sometimes ride with a yahoo group which has a lot of old track heads but only a very few are cool the rest are douchenozzles who can't ride but talk loud.

#22 · (Edited)
it comes and goes, dont worry about it... you'll find other riders to hook up with... my buddy and i both went through a hiatus, now he's finally about to pull the trigger on an FJR 1300!... those things are wicked.! 2013 is gonna be one amazing year with some close friends who all have at least 1 or 2 seasons on them as well... once a biker... :yesnod

yeh i lost track of some friends i used to ride with back in 06, some times people just stop enjoying riding street bikes, doesnt mean they
stop altogether... its funny actually, cause a couple of friends thats all they do now, dirtbiking... now i'm the one thats bringing down the party! hahhaha...
needless to say i'm gonna have to get myself a 250cc to join the gang.!... comes and goes...

#23 ·
Got a good wedding story for you.

A good buddy bought a ring and was going to propose last July . Another buddy proposed to his Girl unbeknownst about the other buddy. No harm no foul original buddy waited until recently to propose. So his girl now fiancé calls her sister to let her know . Sisters douchenozzle boyfriend goes out and buys a ring that is probably fake and proposes the same day. The sister is OK with this and schedules wedding close to original sisters date. My buddy is furious and is going to kick the sheot out of dude when he sees him.

#26 ·
Then my buddy said they are having the wedding in key west . I was like OK but that is kinda far away. I told him don't have it in June . Guess when they are having it. Guess I'll feel a little bad when I'm at the convention :lol

#32 ·
Yes, happened to me too. We had a great group of 5-- now I'm the only one with a bike. Sad...

#33 ·
Very much so. Same here with a group of 5 and it was a good group. Everyone knew how the other would react and we all kept a good pace. Sucks all that time invested in the riding and working on stuff together. Gonna suck to start all over.

#34 ·
It's always the case. Up until I was 30 I am always riding with 4 - 5 mates having a good time. Next thing I know is that I am riding all by myself. I am 37 now and I don't mind riding by myself. I set my pace and take my breaks and ride at my leisure. I don't blame my friends, their priorities have changed and they have places to go and people to please things to achieve in life. I can understand that and let them be. Once in a while (once in every 3-6 months) I get a phone call and we get together for an easy chilled out ride. That's all about it.

#38 ·
try meetup.com theres usually lots of motorcycle meetup groups in every state..met lots of good peeps here in az dont ride on the big group rides anymore due to squiddish/idiot riders every once in awhile...they come and go..but came out with a good bunch of 10-12 that are on same level..mind/riding skills and comunicate with them often..also met lots of great people in california groups as well...along with the trackdaz peeps...worth a try worked for me:dunno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.