Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What have you done to your R1 this past week?

1M views 12K replies 922 participants last post by  JLUnlimited 
#1 ·
Share the fun stuff you did with your favorite mistress.

Last weekend, I finally got around to something that was nagging me for a while. When I went to make right hand turns, I couldn't put my weight on the outside peg and lean as much as I wanted to. Turns out the peg knurls were all gone from over 8 years of riding. :scared

I moved around the worn out pegs of my Gilles rearset, swapped left for right to get the knurls to bite into my boots. Forgot what a pita they are to get access to. :mad:

Also couple bolts were seized. Bought some extractor bits but that didn't work. :rant:

I heated the frame and that wouldn't bulge. :flame:
I took a mini grinder disk to my dremel and made a big phillips head and I still couldn't torque it out. So I got my biggest screwdriver and hammer. Finally, got the top bolt to go. :chair:

The 2nd one still wouldn't bulge. Went back to the dremel and ground off most of the bolt top. Then it finally came out. A simple 10 minute job took 2 hours of cursing. :crash

Replaced all 4 bolts with stainless bolts this time. In the end, took a short ride up in the nearby hills. And all is well. :riding:

See less See more
Reactions: jheywood
#5 ·
Got some new pilot pure tires from Sportbiketrackgear.

#6 ·
Installed my chain kit, Greggs custom Front sprocket cover and changed the oil yesterday!

#26 ·
Cleaned chain, changed oil, changed exhaust, took +4 ignition advancer off and put stock ignition rotor on, cleaned air filter, washed n waxed....still haven't rode any :(

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#34 ·
Put on my ohlins rear shock

Sent from my R-1

#35 ·
Put on some new Q2's, changed the oil, changed the brake fluid and gave her a bath.

#40 ·
Someone forget it's riding season? :hammer:

You need to get out and ride that thing man, I just so happen to know a few roads out this way :sneaky.