Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What have you done to your R1 this past week?

1M views 12K replies 922 participants last post by  JLUnlimited 
#1 ·
Share the fun stuff you did with your favorite mistress.

Last weekend, I finally got around to something that was nagging me for a while. When I went to make right hand turns, I couldn't put my weight on the outside peg and lean as much as I wanted to. Turns out the peg knurls were all gone from over 8 years of riding. :scared

I moved around the worn out pegs of my Gilles rearset, swapped left for right to get the knurls to bite into my boots. Forgot what a pita they are to get access to. :mad:

Also couple bolts were seized. Bought some extractor bits but that didn't work. :rant:

I heated the frame and that wouldn't bulge. :flame:
I took a mini grinder disk to my dremel and made a big phillips head and I still couldn't torque it out. So I got my biggest screwdriver and hammer. Finally, got the top bolt to go. :chair:

The 2nd one still wouldn't bulge. Went back to the dremel and ground off most of the bolt top. Then it finally came out. A simple 10 minute job took 2 hours of cursing. :crash

Replaced all 4 bolts with stainless bolts this time. In the end, took a short ride up in the nearby hills. And all is well. :riding:

See less See more
Reactions: jheywood
#2,400 ·
Finally fitted the polished Akrapovic Y pipe on. Also the nickel plated Vortex front sprocket with Ti nut, will be looking to re-route the rubber hoses out sight (anybody done it as yet?). Had new Pirelli Supercorsas fitted and also the right angled anodised valves.

#2,412 · (Edited)
here yah go... CRG ARROWS & RIZOMA SPORTLINES installed!

Attachments

#2,414 · (Edited)

they're absolutely perfect... instantly I was able to set them up with ample room for adjustment, just rotated them forward
on the adapters n' now i can set them up for street riding, or canyon carving in about 10 seconds each side.... awesome :fork

the apex riser clip ons are longer than stock as well, so its a really comfortable wide angle view.. but i can just as easily
set one side to see directly behind me for 'em blind cagers at red-lights.... they're very very light! much much lighter
than the stockers, and are incredibly precise, yet tight on its rotating ball so they wont vibrate... i'm very impressed
with the quality n' thought placed behind their design & build... i would def. recommend them... the proof will be in the
pudding out on the twisties but im' certain i'll never go back to upper mirrors ever again! :fact

#2,416 · (Edited)
Desire68 was kind enough to come over and give me a hand dealing with reinstalling
my newly rebuilt & revalved shock / forks ... and wheels... rear wheel is a pain in the arse to get right... but
its all good now... Gilles rear-sets also slapped on!! :thumbup

running longer shift rod b4 i install my quick-shifter... went with MOtoGP Shift!@ :fork

Attachments

#2,418 ·
Swapped out mich pilot power to Pirelli corsas man I love these tires also added some eBay rim tape and slow boy racing valve stems. Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

Sent from Motorcycle.com App