Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What have you done to your R1 this past week?

1M views 12K replies 922 participants last post by  JLUnlimited 
#1 ·
Share the fun stuff you did with your favorite mistress.

Last weekend, I finally got around to something that was nagging me for a while. When I went to make right hand turns, I couldn't put my weight on the outside peg and lean as much as I wanted to. Turns out the peg knurls were all gone from over 8 years of riding. :scared

I moved around the worn out pegs of my Gilles rearset, swapped left for right to get the knurls to bite into my boots. Forgot what a pita they are to get access to. :mad:

Also couple bolts were seized. Bought some extractor bits but that didn't work. :rant:

I heated the frame and that wouldn't bulge. :flame:
I took a mini grinder disk to my dremel and made a big phillips head and I still couldn't torque it out. So I got my biggest screwdriver and hammer. Finally, got the top bolt to go. :chair:

The 2nd one still wouldn't bulge. Went back to the dremel and ground off most of the bolt top. Then it finally came out. A simple 10 minute job took 2 hours of cursing. :crash

Replaced all 4 bolts with stainless bolts this time. In the end, took a short ride up in the nearby hills. And all is well. :riding:

See less See more
Reactions: jheywood
#4,931 ·
quick, shoot it!! i think it moved :hammer: :bash

#4,960 ·
Same here :rock

Attachments

#4,962 ·
:thumbup

#4,965 ·
looking good! i gotta get me a samco hose kit... :bow

Just finished installing the SFM and Quick shifter now just have to get the bike on the dyno for a tune i am looking forward to the rest of goodies that i have ordered from STG

plz post up thoughts once tuned, i'm considering the SFM now that i've got my QS... :dunno

#4,964 ·
Finally got around to installing the SAMCO hose kit I had for a while, along with some fresh EngineIce. Installed an Accossato CF gas cap, Rizoma Track 77 turn signals (rear), CRG SC2 clutch perch, Renthal clip-ons, white inner mids, and some Lemick Racing Ti spools as of late as well.

Also finally cleaned her up for the first time since getting back from deployment.

Next up Ohlins cartridges.

#4,972 ·
hey bro, can u tell me where u got the center stomp pad at? also, can u take a pic when u have it installed? i have the side ones now, but i want the center since the tank pad i have there now doesnt cover much and i want it all to match

#4,978 ·