Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Show off your headlights

9K views 69 replies 35 participants last post by  Hubbard 0 
#1 ·
Pictures of what headlights you have. Stock, aftermarket, modified, and what bulbs, angels eyes or whatever else is out there.

Day and night shots would be nice

I'm looking for ideas and theres so many threads about things but its been over years so it's hard to campare between 30 threads. I searched for a thread like this one but didn't have any luck, sorry If this has been done.

Thanks

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
Here's mine....

I'm using an A&R slimline 6000 HID for the low beam, a 6000 PIAA H4 bulb for high beam, and a super white LED for the corner light. I have a plan though....I'm considering taking the low beam projector out of my removed left hand headlight. Installing it in the right hand headlight, instead of the high beam reflector dish. And getting another HID ballast...that would look way cool I reckon. :sneaky

You'll have to take your bike to the hospital if you do that Ben; because once you do your bike will be fully Sick!

#13 · (Edited)
The LED's in my picture are here:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...gory=CAR&Page2Disp=/specs/WLED-xLX.htm#photos

They are the "cool white" ones.
The natural white and warm white start to look more yellowish. The cool white goes perfect with 5000k HID's

edit: also I've had problems running LED's on my left side. My bike keeps blowing them. My bike also blew my HID on the left side. I'm going to run relay's with new HID's and put something in the wire for the LED's to fix the problems.

I'm running this setup for now. That's a natural white LED on the left side of the picture.

#15 ·
The 04-08 projectors don't have a shield. I wasn't going to worry about a high beam as such. 2 hid's are easily as bright as the OEM high beams, if not brighter. Once again, I'm just doing it cause I think it would look cool, not for any practical reason. And because I enjoy fvckin with stuff!:)

#16 ·
:lol I hear ya. But you're sure they don't have a shield at all? I kno they don't have a solenoid to move them, which would obviously just make the stationary. But the shield is what makes the cutoff in a projector. Without it, the light would just scatter everywhere. Regardless I was only suggesting for sh!ts since I kno most of the stuff we do to our bikes aren't all that practical :hammer:

#17 ·
I hadn't considered that...right, I'm going to pull the headlight apart and have a look....:)

#21 ·
That's cool, each to their own, I love it.

you'll be looking for the little metal shield that has the little step or slope in the middle of it like this
You're absolutely right man, it's in there, and I will take it out if I can make it work...:)

#22 · (Edited)
It's not guaranteed that it'll create a great beam but it will at least shine higher than where the low beam cutoff is. Like I said, it'll have to be an experiment if you care to make it work well at least. If you have any questions just let me kno :thumbup I'd be glad to help out where I can

#27 ·
80/100W Xenon bulbs. Used it for a year now and didn't noticed anything melting (or maybe not yet huh?). Both pictures are low beam. Actually very bright and my visibility has increased dramatically vs stock bulbs. The light is super white.

yes, i know one of my signal's lens is a different shade. Doesn't bother me much.

Attachments

#30 ·
Here's mine...

35w 5000k from DDM. Yes...I ordered a pair, one ballast and one bulb came f@#ed up. Haven't tried it out at night yet. I hope it looks/works as amazing as I've read about.

Attachments

#34 ·

The headlight grills actually match the factory red. Hard to tell in the pics though :lol. Idk where my better pics are right now
Looks like my eyes when i play tomuch MW3 :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.