Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Help Cooling fan switch and kill switch

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  HKr1 
#1 ·
I want to install a cooling switch so that i can manually activate the switch in traffic sh@# gets way too hot!!!

I would like to install a kill switch from the battery or from the actuator.....Help PLEASE....

#2 ·
One of the site sponsers sells a kit for that . I think the are xs boost or something. ill look for a link

#6 ·
I have 1999 r1. i did homemade switch i am wondering what's the brown/blue? I dont know why there's two wires for. i ran on my bike for hours it stop kickin fans i checked on everything and found fuse was burnt so i did replace a new one (7.5amp) i called dealer about the right fuse # and they said maunal book says it's 7.5amp so i followed and I took a ride again for hours it did the same problems it burnt out. i decided to put 25amp fuse is that okay to do that? Is it possibly can be cause problems in the wires system if using higher amp fuse? i like to know about colors wires too. i apperciate your helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.