Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Looking for 2012 R1 subframe

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  stuntedr6 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I took a spill a few weeks ago in the rain and among other things broke my subframe in a few spots. I'm looking all over the internet for a replacement one but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know where I can get one without paying full OEM price?

Also looking for the AMA style rear fairing that kinda folds over the exhaust cans. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

#2 ·
Why don't you look for an 09+ subframe, all the crossplane subframes should be the same, meaning they don't differ from 09 to 13, as far as the race tail you see in the AMA r1's, well, it won't fit any under tail exhaust set up out there, unless you have a lower mount exhaust, and I really doubt you can get that rear race fairing anyways.

#3 ·
Why don't you look for an 09+ subframe, all the crossplane subframes should be the same, meaning they don't differ from 09 to 13, as far as the race tail you see in the AMA r1's, well, it won't fit any under tail exhaust set up out there, unless you have a lower mount exhaust, and I really doubt you can get that rear race fairing anyways.
That's not true :sing:

But a lot of the AMA guys have gone to the Monotail with the subframe and tail being 1 piece. But for the teams running the tail section it can be had if you know who to ask :D

#6 ·
I was also looking at the 1pc tail/subframe from Carbonin. The only thing was that I would lose my already meager trunk space. Also just a little concerned about long trips and access to the battery compartment

#8 ·
My goal has always been to have a show ready race bike. I haven't been on track yet, although I was planning on doing about 5-6 next year before I had the accident. I currently spend most of my time in the LA County canyons and commuting to work. Now I'll need to wait a bit to heal my torn rotator cuff and broken elbow. So I'm using the downtime as an excuse to rebuild the bike the way I always wanted. I'm open to most ideas. The trunk space isn't a huge concern, although it did carry my insurance/registration info.

Most of the fairings are trashed, front brakes leaking somewhere, subframe broken, rear sets bent. As far as I can tell the forks are still good.

Since the fairings are trashed I was looking mostly at Carbonin for belly pan, front/rear fenders, and frame/swingarm covers. Still need to find a 2012 front fairing. The bike has to stay street legal. Next post will have a current breakdown of mods.

#11 ·
Current mods:
FlashTune
-1 front sprocket
Vortex rear sprocket
SS lines front/rear
AIS block offs
airbox mod
K&N race filter
Two Bros Black Series 3/4 system
Juicebox Pro (eliminated by FlashTune)
Rizoma grips
USB charger

Planned mods:
Ohlins front internals or full forks (undecided on gains)
Ohlins rear shock
Front & rear brake rotors
Brembo master cylinder (need help on specifics)
Rizoma goodies all around
Vortex rearsets
Either Graves low mount exhaust or another Two Bros full system (exhaust hit curb in accident)

#12 ·
I have an 09 subframe along with many other parts. Im 99% sure the subframe is same for the 12. Pm me if interested....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.