Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2013 Graves Motorsports "LINK" Exhaust System

31K views 201 replies 58 participants last post by  AHB537 
#1 ·
I'm starting to get some more production images and being able to put a little more information out there about the new "LINK" exhaust systems we will be offering at Graves Motorsports soon...

Here's a couple shots of the carbon / carbon setup... Side and back..

LINK = It's about the evolution of the exhaust and the way it's "upgrade able" from just a slip-on > addition of Y pipe > then addition of a header at a later time (yes we will have headers available to upgrade to).

Edit: The side shot shows the silver colored sound reducing inserts... 88db at idle and 99.5 at 5000 rpm > These will be available and sold separately. The second shot from the back is without inserts 91db at idle and 103.5db at 5000 rpm

COMING SOON... Enjoy and thanks for the business.. www.gravesport.com

-Shane

Attachments

See less See more
#104 ·
I'm wondering if all of this is very simple. Changing out the exhausts, I mean. I'm kinda new at that type of thing; I'm sure there's a "how to" on here somewhere. Is it doable for the average joe, or is it something I should spend the money on getting it taken care of professionally?

Personally, I love doing things myself. That part of the reason why I love bikes so much, there's so much you can do.

#107 ·
I have a install video that is a quick summary of things I'll post in a few days ?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#108 ·
If you can make these look this good on on 07-08, I will buy these. I love the way these look. Everybody else's cans are just too long and they look retarded. Even the Akra cans. I don't want to spend that much to just have to shorten the cans.

#109 ·
Hey SpidermanSS how are the slipons attached to the mounts they use? Are the mounts glued to the slip ons or are they riveted? Or fastened to the cans another way? Im just curious as to the strength of the strapless mounts and how they will last after a while. Any help is appreciated. thanks

#110 ·
I can't answer that for him, but I've got 2brothers (please go ahead and laugh :lol) w/ over 20k miles on them. They aren't anywhere close to the build quality of Graves :fact So I wouldn't worry about them lasting :lol

#111 ·
^^ :lol ^^ :lol ^^

just sayin' :D

#113 ·
Hope everyone had a great HOLIDAY.....

The can design has been tested over the last 12 months with no failures.. :)

Attachments

#120 ·
Shane posted this already, currently just stickers but the fancy ones are coming... funny thing is, it'll be the 1st thing i remove.! unfortunately i ran into a little issue with my LV cf cans... though there was very little heat transfer from the cf itself, the metallic decals did in fact heat up like a mofo and the whole logo was transferred to my saddle bags.!! the decals, fully melted in Reno, NV. were an absolute pain to remove after the fact... :lol :(

#122 ·
hahha.. yeh,.. for the most part the stickers are easy to remove if the exhaust is brand new... like a total noob i didnt think of the fact they were metal and of course heat would transfer and ruin them once the saddle bags were on... but i could have removed them easily enough when i first got it... just grab a corner n' peel off... gooGone on a rag and you're good to go.. shouldn't leave a trace..

#124 ·
np.

#126 ·
btw... I took some sounds clips but there is some background noise.. I might try it with my phone next week..

I need to install the PC5 onto the bike.. There is a special map for the PC5 that is something special.. It's a HIGH resolution map that you won't find anywhere else :fact

#130 ·
must_not_reach_for_credit_card!

can't_resist! :lol

#133 ·
2 questions. How hard would it be to remove the stainless straps on the muffler and powdercoat them black? Does the "Link" header allow enough room to remove the oil filter without loosening or removing the whole exhaust system?
:dunno

#135 ·
Check link on post #18

#138 ·
It's done, new link 3/4 system purchased. Can't wait. This mean I've got another 3/4 system to sell, along with a Graves titanium y-pipe.

#139 ·
:lol good man, pics!

#140 ·
so are these gonna be like the volocity stacks where there is no dyno numbers at all for next 4 years? was intrested to see what kind of gains the header give vs cost.

#143 ·
Only need to flash the ECU with the uppers, they do provide benefit also. 5 HP across the board IIRC. He made the point about the uppers because if you don't change the velocity stack opening from stock you will see no benefit with the uppers. If you have flashtune or tell ECUnleashed where to set the stack opening, you'll benefit ;)

#144 ·
ahh, okay, thanks i thought i'd read that a while back... thanks for the post,...

yeah if it tosses another 5hp on top... hells yeah... i can go for that..
i'll be taking my baby back to Nels once the engine work is done anyway... so..

#146 ·
Homework, hell I gave that up a while ago, now I rely on knee jerk reactions and emotions only.

We're talking about Graves here, not TOCE Brothers. HAHA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.