Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2013 R1 Memorial Trackday

60K views 1K replies 58 participants last post by  LossPrev 
#1 ·
DanQ as been working with CMP to secure us a date for next year. Most likley it will be the same weekend as last, Easter Weekend. I know a bunch of you have been wanted something closer for the northern guys/gals coming down. So here you go!!!!! I would hope that our Florida riders would make the drive up. I do not have any prices yet but as soon as the contract is in hand I will let you know.

Feel free to use this as a chat/BS thread.

#2 ·
Scott, what's the weather like up there around Easter? Can't commit at this time. If I do this event I can't justify driving back up a few months later for the Convention. It will be one of the two for me.

#3 ·
Same as Jenning pretty much.

#19 ·
Should come a little west next year :lol

What is this 'Memorial Trackday' for? Past members that are no longer with us?

Correct

#30 ·
Pics :cool:

Attachments

#31 ·
Dude I am so in for this! Gearheaded it is still over 6 hours drive for me and I get knots in my stomach thinking about how much the trip to Jennings cost last year before I had to replace both trailer tires on the road.

#33 ·
Yeah, it's grippy. It's a right turn Jennings sorta, but as much as I'm not a fan of right handers, I love this track. T14 is a come to Jesus turn for me and I spent some time a few weeks ago trying to come to grips with it. But a couple of red flags and control riders running away from me in that turn kept me from learning much. I can put a smooth lap together and have a great time on that track, or work my nuts off for a few laps and have to come off. I need to work on some Kyle_M braking techniques :lol

#40 ·
It was the only date they had. Most of the other dates are already taken by the previous groups that used them before.

#38 ·
Sadly I won't be making it to CMP with you guys this year (or for the next few events) as I am in Belgium now. I am planning on riding at Circuit De Mettet with a local guy and a former SBK runner up and Moto2 rider in October. So, it should be quite fun, I just hope it's not too cold.

I hope that the turn out is good for you guys, good luck with the event this year. I hope to see tons of pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.