Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

How much should a dyno tune cost?

6K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  thesoapster 
#1 ·
I was just qouted $450 by Fast By Ferracci here in Philadelphia to tune my 07 R1 with a Bazzaz Z-Fi. Does this sound like a fair price?

#2 ·
Mines going to cost 250 on my o2 with pc3

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#6 ·
in the midwest i've seen everything from 150-250 but nothing higher then that

#7 ·
It depends on your area and more importantly how competant your dyno tuner is. I've seen LOTS who will just upload a downloaded map and then send you on your way and keep a few hundred for a 5 min job. Better to not go cheap on it as it's a service. A dyno tune that isn't top notch isn't worth 5 dollars. So the question imo is more "is there anyone very legit in my area" more then "what does it cost".

#8 ·
:iamwithst I agree. It should take a good tuner a good half day to create a full custom map with all the base mapping being done then all the fine tuning. Ask questions. If it's a rushed job then chances are your just getting generic map downloaded for your bike.

#9 · (Edited)
i had my 09 re-flashed & custom tuned by Nels @ $450, great work :thumbup

would cost $350 for the tune alone @ my Dealer... though it would be done by Mike Velasco
so i think it comes down to what you want out of your tune..

i needed my bike to be reliable, worry free and make good smooth power... i do a lot of touring
and canyon carving... Nels tune is about 5% relaxed from a race tune Mike would have given me..

#10 · (Edited)
Ferracci might not be as familiar with the Bazzaz unit as the PCV , which will take them longer to tune it,and it will cost you. Most shops use the Dynojet dyno's,and thier software to tune it (PCV) easily (relatively). Kyle at StuntSteel in Essington, Pa. (just past the airport) can tune your Bazzaz unit for about $250 (guessing) Give him a call 215-313-4432 tell him Kurt (R1's) sent you. He's a nice guy,and loves R1's too. Or get the ZAFM and self tune it. I have the ZAFM on my '06 and it works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.