Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

09 Graves velocity stacks

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Blue 09 
#1 ·
I have finally pulled the trigger and bought the stacks for my 09. Im still waiting for them to come in. Before i put them in i will be putting it on a dyno next week to see what kind of power it has now so I can compare it to another dyno run after I install them. I will also be doing an ecu reflash but i havn't decided what company i will be going with though. I just wanted to share because I have been searching for dyno results for awhile before deciding to do this and I have yet to find any dyno results. So ill post what kind of power the Graves stacks make once I get them in

#2 ·
i have almost the same set up you do so it will be interesting to see what kind of power you get. i went with flash tune and really like it. the bike is much smoother and when i get stacks i can send it back to them and they will reflash it for me for free. so cant beat that. the only thing i dont have that you do is the PCV and autotune but im interested to see what kind of numbers your put up both before and after.

#3 ·
Lowers only or both ? Lower stacks only should give a little more topend I would assume,curious as to the results you find. Want to get a reflash for my '12 as well .After seeing dyno results from ecunleashed and flashtune I have noticed that ecunleashed only makes more power after 10 or 11,000 rpm ,where as the flashtune makes more power at 7,000 rpm or even slightly lower with both making about 9 hp. more than stock at peak hp. That being said I will get the flashtune reflash,you can get the interface cable they make for the '09 - '11 for yours from flashtune and do your own reflashes as often as you like to as many bikes as you want for less than ecunleasheds reflash only .

#4 ·
Im doing the set (top & bottom). Can the flashtune accommodate for the different leaning stacks? I know ecu unleashed does. I was kind of leaning toward unleashed.

#6 ·
I would think so,pm flastune and ask him or ask on the flashtune interface thread . If you can wouldn't you get the flashtune then ? I personally can't see spending over $350 for a reflash from ecunleashed if flashtune can do it for $150,or buy their interface cable for less than $350 .

#7 ·
I guess I have so more research to do before I decide which flash i will be doing with.

#15 ·
Have You seen prevoius threads about velocity stacks? They may be improvement only with race cams and more compression. As for ecu reflash, the yec reflash gives the ability to set stacs crossover revs. It actually converts stock ecu to yec leaving all street utilities and it's fully adjustable. It is even able to calibrate speedo. It would be my choice if I haven't euro model.

#16 ·
All we need is the settings for RPM for the aftermarket stacks.

And yes they provide an improvement with the stock motor, no need to change the internals. A few users have them installed, on this forum, and reported gains, on the stock motor.

#17 ·
And yes they provide an improvement with the stock motor, no need to change the internals. A few users have them installed, on this forum, and reported gains, on the stock motor.[/QUOTE]

This is also what I have found I have pmed flashtune to ask them about the stacks and I am waiting on a reply from them. I havent done any research on the yec ecu. The only one ive heard of eliminates all the streetablity and is very very expensive. Ive never tuned a bike so i wouldnt know where to begin. i like the flash for the fact its easy and I cant mess it up.

#18 ·
I strapped it on the dyno and the numbers were disappointing! It only make 138hp! I have the dyno sheet I'll have to post. The air/fuel was at 10! It ran very rich. They dyno guy told me the dynojet autotune was the reason for such bad air/fuel! He advised me to lose the autotune and get a custom map. I took the autotune off and noticed a huge difference in power!

#20 ·
There is a rpm where you can start for the secondaries to lift off. A birdie told me a good starting point. Pm me if you want that rpm. Its a good start.:lhumper:

#21 ·
Yea the air/fuel was set to 13.5 and it still was at 10 durning the run.

#26 ·
The day it was it was tuned it made 140 hp but it was 100 degrees. In between each run we would have to let the bike cool down. I just went yesterday to see how much it makes and now it's making 152! I did the ecu flash and the stacks at the same time so it's hard to say how it feels. But between the 2 it's a completely new bike! I love it!

#28 ·
I'm not sure what other bikes ran. I thought it was going to make more also. But it's just a number. I know the bike runs 10 times better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.