Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Tune then flash or Flash then tune?

2K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
Just wonder what order I should follow. I have the PC5 with Autotune. Should I get the bike dyno tuned THEN get the ECU flashed? Or flash it THEN get it tuned? Thanks!

#13 ·
If your tuner is cool like mine, get the flash, put the PCV on, get the custom tune, take the PCV off, then get it flashed again and import your map...no piggybacks to fail.

#17 ·
Here's my plan:
Flash to de-restrict, turn off AIS (use plates too), Turn off O2 sensor, use the speedo healer function (-1 in the front), change fan setting.
Put on PCV
Custom tune
Take off PCV
Re-flash importing my custom map
Never look back

#24 · (Edited)
Are you going to race it or just street/track it? If you already have it, I would just stick with it....Flash, then throw that stuff on and be done....If your going to race it, then I would absolutely tune it....you need ever hp you can get!

So here's my next question (to help the op of course :)) Do you just import a map to the PC that has your mods and let the autotune do it's thing, or do you get a tune, THEN put on the autotune for the fine adjustments?

#26 ·
Well since I street/track I'm gonna get it flashed, get it tuned, and keep everything else(PCV & Autotue) on it. I don't need to squeeze every last HP I can get out of it. Lol I just want a good running bike. From my understanding the flash alone is amazing so can't wait to see/feel for myself.

#27 ·
From my understanding the flash alone is amazing so can't wait to see/feel for myself.
I hear that...I picked up my R1 in Sept...I just put her away...So I'm going from slip ons only to midpipe/filter/flash/tune/brakes...for the next time I ride her which will prolly be on the track in April....I'm expecting a HUGE difference! I'm pretty excited lol...

#30 ·
Yea our dea of cold is a cold front that hits once a year and it drops to 40 for a week! Burr lol I'm from Kansas where there's a foot of snow by this time o year so really enjoying 80s lol

#36 ·
Ummmm that last post just blew my mind.....lol guess you can say I'm not really a good at this tech stuff. I just know how to ride and enjoy myself lol

#37 ·
Did you read the F-T FAQ? If not the link is in my signature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.