Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Official Phantom Squadron Idle Chit Chat Thread

10K views 155 replies 21 participants last post by  Bogie 
#1 ·
Hey, LOOK..... :boobies

Anybody else go to bike week in Daytona Beach? It was different than last time I went, Lost of thugs and oppressive police presence. Last time I was there you had to hurt someone before you would get a ticket. This year you'd get one for revving your junk. Found some great places to eat and party. Saw a guy with a R1-Forum sticker on his swingarm when I just got into town.

Spent most of my time at Ducati Island. Classy!

#5 ·
Never been to bike week, Sturgis or other bike events like that. Not real big into crowds and most times, I'd just walk through glance at everythign and be bored.

#7 ·
Sounds like attending the IMS. ;)

#11 ·
About 20 from mine. Took my son to the MOTOGP this year. It was funny to see all the ******** hang out and have NO CLUE what they are watching. After the goat rope that was the Daytona 200, the MotoGP will be a nice change! I'm going to the World Superbike race in Salt Lake this year too! Life is good!

#12 ·
were you at the same MotoGP I was?

Because the one I was at was a cluster**** from the beginning.

setting up in vendors mud soaked grass.
having more campers booked for lots than would fit into them.
canceling races instead of delaying them.
running support classes instead of moving up the real classes people wanted to see.
not restarting a race to finish it after the storm passed QUICKLY.
setting up parking so that one bike can take out a dozen......

yeah

the MotoGP at IMS was a very well run event.....

not.

#15 ·
Yea it was windy as hell. I def didn't like parking in that gravel lot. That shit makes me nervous. Me and nevrmor actually helped some tard in a kawi cause he wanted to pick up his bike and get it over the curb from the parkinglot to the gas station :lol

#23 ·
I also remember the parking d-bag trying to tell us that people only with parking passes could get past him to get to the parking areas, when we clearly had our orange ribbon things on our bikes...

We just made a detour around him haha.

#29 ·
Putnam Park Track Day April 25-26. 3 classes- street, race, fast race. Good time if you want to go. Track days are addictive, so be careful!

Run by Cycle options of cincy. I've done it in the past and it's been a fairly well setup event. Nice track, one of my favs to do new setups because of the varied types of corners. I'm paid and ready to go! They accept PayPal.

http://www.cycleoptions.com/info.html

postmarked by APRIL 1st
$135 for one day
$235 for both days

postmarked after APRIL 1st
$195 for one day
$295 for both days

#37 ·
If your planning on going rory, I guess I can give it a shot. Especially since its like 5 min from my rents house.

How are you going to get there without a license? Or did you get it back?:crash:lol

#38 · (Edited)
If your planning on going rory, I guess I can give it a shot. Especially since its like 5 min from my rents house.

How are you going to get there without a license? Or did you get it back?:crash:lol

i was just seeing, i have court that week so i could be in jail by then. it's kind of gonna just be a last minute thing for me. was just curious. and no, no liscense yet, my lawyers doing a few things and i might actually have it back in about 2 weeks :lol

just figured since ur from the area you'd be going

#40 · (Edited)
I'm up. Where are you wanting to go? I went for an nice little ride last weekend. 42E out of Terre Haute to 231S. Then, got on 46E to 43S (very fun road). From there to 54W to 157N thru Worthington to 231N back to 42W and home.

#42 ·
Schweet!

Here's the ride:

SR44 from Greenwood/Franklin area to Martinsville
SR37 south to SR252 East to Morgantown
Turn South on SR135 til you get to RailRoad Road
Turn Right on RR road. This turns into SR45.
Take SR45 all the way to Bloomington,
cut thru a business park to College Ave.
Take College Ave East to SR446, turn South.
Just past the Causeway is the "High Speed Test Area"
You can top out an R1 easily.... If you're into that type thing.
You will come to SR58, turn East. It doubles back to SR135 in Nashville.
Refuel at the shell on 135. Head into Nashville to eat/rest.
Head back to town on 135 north.

Total distance 145 miles

#49 ·
Sounds/looks like a fun ride. That would be around 245 miles (≈7 hrs.) for me, if I meet-up with yall in Martinsville. :rock When were you planning on doing this? What time would you be going thru Martinsville?

#44 ·
Sure, anyone is welcome to do so. The ride I normally go on is fun, but not the end all be all. I'm open to new roads and routes. Gotta get new treads, I bought a set of power 1's but my buddy swiped them.

Don't forget about the track days going on at Putnam over the next few weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.