Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Squadron chat thread 3.0

1M views 21K replies 126 participants last post by  DanQ 
#1 ·
The old one was starting to cause duplicates and was getting slow. :(

Keep the ball rollin' :flex:

#20,001 ·
Honestly, I thought the clutch was pretty damn good on the r6. Stock is a slipper, and unless you're tracking a bike with 40,000 city miles, I would leave it stock.

As far as suspension.... You really can't go wrong with race tech, ohlins, traxxion, etc. I love my Race Tech so far. All the manufacturers podium with their stuff, so honestly I think you should choose the manufacturer with the best local support for you.
Yea I was under the impression the stock slipper was pretty nice, but then I read a few “bad experiences” so I figured it was worth questioning.

With suspension… Dan is only a couple hours from me, so I’ll probably be racking his brain more than anybody’s in regards to it all. Haha. :crash

#20,002 ·
Yea I was under the impression the stock slipper was pretty nice, but then I read a few “bad experiences” so I figured it was worth questioning.

With suspension… Dan is only a couple hours from me, so I’ll probably be racking his brain more than anybody’s in regards to it all. Haha. :crash
I wish he was only a couple hours from me :fact

You'll hear horror stories about everything man. I look at it like this. Ride the stock one until it gives you problems, then switch it out. If it fries the plates worse case you limp it back into the pits and end your weekend. Slap the new clutch in and ride out. Those STM's are nice, but ride the stock one until it becomes a problem :yesnod

#20,003 ·
My boss just left the office and will be out of the country for 2 weeks. There is nothing keeping me at work aside from the fact that it is pouring rain and I do not want to leave in it.

#20,004 ·
Dan,
What would be your recommendation for suspension on a track R6? Ohlins cartridges, TTX, or Race Tech G3S, or Penske? Just any recommendation would help.
Like Chris said, see what is popular close to you. The stock suspension bits are pretty damn good lately, but the aftermarket offerings are typically built for you and in some cases (like rear ride height as a prime example). That being said, I would say find the components that have the features that you like, with nearby support. Most tuners, like myself, want to be able to reach out and touch the stuff they have worked on for fine tuning. So that is a pretty big factor in my book.

The current R6 really has well thought out components, but they can be made better. The forks will respond well to anything from a piston kit to a cartridge, but I honestly feel for street or track use a cartridge is a bit much. The assembly process for these forks lets them be rebuilt repeatedly without ill effect to the components, unlike older cartridges. The shock isn't as flexible, with regard to ride height which will be more necessary with bigger track/race tires. So my advice would be something with preload, rebound, high and low speed compression, and ride height. And of course, local support. I have the G3-S on my R6, and it works better than the Ohlins I previously had. But the Ohlins I had was not built "for me" like the G3-S was.

#20,006 ·
Evening venom :hellobye

Working on the r6, so peaceful :rock
I think all I have left to do is order another set of black stomp grips and I'm good to go for JGP. Probably won't ride it anymore until the track weekend.

#20,007 ·
I think all I have left to do is order another set of black stomp grips and I'm good to go for JGP. Probably won't ride it anymore until the track weekend.
I'm debating right now if I'll ride one more time or not. I'm doing the graphics on the bodywork as we speak, and than it's completely done.

Decisions decisions :lol

#20,011 ·
MORNING VENOM

its hump day looks like its going to be hit or miss on the rain today. pers. I hope it rains while I'm in here; a coworker of mine rode his Harley in and he is one of the biggest big headded fools I know and always give me shit about riding year round rain or shine.

#20,013 ·
Charles realized that he grabbed the wrong suit bag...and only had his street jacket...
:shake:banghead::shake:rant:dundun: NEVER again.

Tad it was nice to meet you guys. Couldn't find you before we left. Glad you got some sessions in. See you guys again soon.

Dan and Frank, Ashley's a pleasure to see you guys. Have fun at CCS next weekend.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey man, good meeting you and Dan.

#20,017 ·
morning all I started the dreaded job of taring appart a vortex sc last night... Sometimes I wish I could just tell people "no... you need to drive a stock civic or corolla not a modified car" due to the lack of oil/oil changes dude has cooked his sc in two years. what a sad night.

new day tho and its a beauty. too bad I spend all day looking out a window at it.

#20,018 ·
Morning all :)

Surgery is tomorrow morning. Will be out for about 6-8weeks. Gonna take the full time time to recovery, last time I had surgery I rode a few weeks after and dropped my bike but quickly saved it and I think I hurt myself thus getting surgery again. Hopefully in two weeks, I'll still be able to see you guys at Jennings!

Mono I hate when people don't take care of their vehicles/bikes, maintenance is #1 in my book! I've told several people they need to replace their chain, and they still neglect it, what happens?? The chain breaks and does more damage and costs more to fix then replacing it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#20,020 ·
Heal up quick BC. I still hope you can make it to Jennings with us :)

Mono- don't forget your conversions for chains. You can achieve the same ratios going down on teeth in both the front and rear, which will save even more weight.

As for +1 -1 I don't think you'll feel too much difference, but it'll change the shift points slightly. Honestly I always left my stuff stock because I've never felt a need to change. If you're only street riding, no need to change it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.